Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 401 to 416 of 416

sub12

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I dunno. Xbox One has been the most definitive failure I can imagine in Japan, and Ps4 is losing to the Wii U. That's how bad consoles in Japan are right now.

Even with the amount of support PS4 is getting (which is still lacking compared to handhelds (and one is by a company that apparently might be dead soon from what I've heard)), unless things change drastically over there (and I don't think Ps4 on its own can change this tbh), I can't see this. I'd love to be wrong, but I really doubt it.

The PS4 has been selling better than the Wii U in Japan for the good majority of weeks starting about the second half of this summer, but yeah, most weeks the PS4 is doing better.

sub12

sub12

After TGS 2014, that seemed to tip the scales of the PS4 over the PS3 and Wii U in Japan.

Last week in Japan.

Hardware

1. New 3DS LL – 83,041 (63,714)
2. PlayStation 4 – 68,041 (15,971)
3. New 3DS – 34,676 (25,541)
4. Wii U – 27,334 (24,469)
5. 3DS LL – 24,475 (17,319)
6. PlayStation Vita – 24,039 (22,355)
7. 3DS – 14,911 (38,846)
8. PlayStation 3 – 7,803 (5,679)
9. PlayStation Vita TV – 974 (986)
10. Xbox One – 724 (790)
11. Xbox 360 – 102 (189)
12. PSP – 8 (8)

Edited on by sub12

sub12

CaviarMeths

I'm just glad that the Wii U is doing fairly well in Japan, at least as far as home consoles go. Too bad NoA is one of the most clueless marketing firms on the planet.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

sub12 wrote:

After TGS 2014, that seemed to tip the scales of the PS4 over the PS3 and Wii U in Japan.

Last week in Japan.

Hardware

1. New 3DS LL – 83,041 (63,714)
2. PlayStation 4 – 68,041 (15,971)
3. New 3DS – 34,676 (25,541)
4. Wii U – 27,334 (24,469)
5. 3DS LL – 24,475 (17,319)
6. PlayStation Vita – 24,039 (22,355)
7. 3DS – 14,911 (38,846)
8. PlayStation 3 – 7,803 (5,679)
9. PlayStation Vita TV – 974 (986)
10. Xbox One – 724 (790)
11. Xbox 360 – 102 (189)
12. PSP – 8 (8)

Fun fact, from the week before

PS4 – 13,489
Wii U – 12,496

which combined is less than the Vita for the week.

What you posted was not the average for how these go from what I've seen. But the fact that this one off increase for PS4 still fails against only ONE VERSION of the 3DS sums it up pretty well. If there isn't a HUGE change in Japanese gaming in a year, I can't see a single console being that big over there.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sub12

I thought it was about the PS4 against the Wii U

sub12

kkslider5552000

sub12 wrote:

I thought it was about the PS4 against the Wii U

No, it's about PS4 vs. Japan tbh. I'd love a billion JRPGs on both, but that's so clearly not happening that I feel this sentence is treating everyone as children by having to explain further.

CaviarMeths

PS4 and Wii U have been fairly neck and neck in the weekly charts. Japan just got a limited edition Dragon Quest PS4 though that comes with a pre-order code for Dragon Quest Heroes. That's what's up with the sales surge, not TGS.

Behold, this thing of beauty:

Untitled

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

SpookyMeths wrote:

PS4 and Wii U have been fairly neck and neck in the weekly charts. Japan just got a limited edition Dragon Quest PS4 though that comes with a pre-order code for Dragon Quest Heroes. That's what's up with the sales surge, not TGS.

Behold, this thing of beauty:

Untitled

Oh yeah, I heard about that. That would explain it pretty well.

CaviarMeths

I'm tempted to import one, tbh, but I don't want to sit around with a $500 machine that I won't find much use for for another couple of years.

brandonbwii

I only own a Wii U at this point. Also I don't game on PC. That leaves me to pursue other hobbies when I'd otherwise obsess over video games too much.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

JoyBoy

brandonbwii wrote:

I only own a Wii U at this point. Also I don't game on PC. That leaves me to pursue other hobbies when I'd otherwise obsess over video games too much.

Welcome to the healthy club! shakes hand

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Lunapplebloom

I own a Wii U only... or at least I did. I got a good deal on a PS4 this black Friday. The only thing is, there isn't much I want to play on the system at the moment, so I'm not entirely sure why I chose now to get it. I am a plus member, so I'll at least get some stuff to try out in the form of free games.

But have been a Wii U owner since launch day. I'm always excited to see and try the latest Nintendo console, and Wii U was no different. I know as well that when it comes to games that I'll always have something to play that I know I like.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Not I. Not anymore, at least.

Well, actually I always had a Vita and 3DS along with a Wii U, but still, now there's soon to be a PS4 in the mix as well.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

crimsoncavalier

DefHalan wrote:

I never said there were lots of big JRPGs on PC, just that there are A LOT of JRPGs on PC. I do wish Tales of would move away from Playstation exclusive. We want you on Wii U too

also I am not sure if Tales of truly counts as a JRPG either, I know people lump it up in that category but I am not sure if it belongs there.

Tales is as JRPG as it gets. Cheesy dialog, check. Idealistic main character (orphaned or otherwise) who wants to save the world, check. Lead female/Co-main character with tragic destiny, check. Yep, pretty JRPG as far as I'm concerned

That said, I love Tales. They're my favorite JRPG series (although Xenoblade is sure to take its place soon). I do wish they'd release one for Wii U. I loved Symphonia and Vesperia.

Edited on by crimsoncavalier

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

BatangX

As far as home consoles; I only own and need Wii U. I have a mid-high end tier PC for everything else that gets a part upgrade every 2-3 yrs. Nintendo rarely disappoints with their exclusives unlike their competitors. In fact, I can't recall the last time i played an exclusive nintendo game that ended up in disappointment. There's also the fact that having a full time job limits my time so i only spend 1-2 hr max per day playing games unless it's a weekend.

Edited on by BatangX

BatangX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.