Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 241 to 260 of 416

AlexSays

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Out of ~119 games rated >70 on the PS4, I found about 13 matching Wavyboy's description

That would be about 11%. Vastly different than 90%

There must have been some major counting errors on my part, or there must be hundreds of games rated <70 that are gun yielding shooters. Either way I am open to someone pointing out the error of my ways.

What are the top 15 selling games on PS4?

I don't know, would that somehow affect the variety of the library on the system?

Does Call of Duty selling on the Wii U somehow affect a game like The Wonderful 101?

Untitled

Need some gifs to liven up will likely be a long discussion about this

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

DefHalan

AlexSays wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Out of ~119 games rated >70 on the PS4, I found about 13 matching Wavyboy's description

That would be about 11%. Vastly different than 90%

There must have been some major counting errors on my part, or there must be hundreds of games rated <70 that are gun yielding shooters. Either way I am open to someone pointing out the error of my ways.

What are the top 15 selling games on PS4?

I don't know, would that somehow affect the variety of the library on the system?

Does Call of Duty selling on the Wii U somehow affect a game like The Wonderful 101?

No but it reflexs the variety that the majority of consumers that own that platform are interested in. Wii had a lot of variety but most of the sales were for "casual" games, which makes people criticize the Wii for being a "casual" machine. So if the shooters with generic heroes are what sold the most then doesn't that relex why majority of the people own that console and doesn't that make the console's identity of shooters with generic heroes?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AlexSays

DefHalan wrote:

No but it reflexs the variety that the majority of consumers that own that platform are interested in. Wii had a lot of variety but most of the sales were for "casual" games, which makes people criticize the Wii for being a "casual" machine. So if the shooters with generic heroes are what sold the most then doesn't that relex why majority of the people own that console and doesn't that make the console's identity of shooters with generic heroes?

What? lol

You can identify the PS4 however you want. You can identify it as a potato for all I care. Potatostation 4

We're talking about the actual variety of games on the system. That is what initiated the conversation. When people talk about Nintendo only having Mario games, you Nintendo fans jump all over them like crazed rabbits and point out the variety of the console.

I do the same with the PS4, and now it's all about 'identity' and the actual library doesn't matter...

Untitled

AlexSays

LzWinky

Nintendo doesn't only make Mario games!

They also make Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Mario teaches Typis, Mario World, Mario Galaxy, Mario Maker, Mario Land, and Super Smash Bros starring Mario!

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

AlexSays wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What? lol

You can identify the PS4 however you want. You can identify it as a potato for all I care. Potatostation 4

We're talking about the actual variety of games on the system. That is what initiated the conversation. When people talk about Nintendo only having Mario games, you Nintendo fans jump all over them like crazed rabbits and point out the variety of the console.

I do the same with the PS4, and now it's all about 'identity' and the actual library doesn't matter...

I wasn't saying you were wrong. I was pointing out how majority identify a console.

Haru17

CoD AW, AC Unity, AC Rogue, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Alien Isolation, The Walking Dead, ad nauseam all have guns. I mean, I love my PS4, but western game developers have an unhealthy obsession with the modern day setting, guns, and cars. And the real world in the near future with guns and cars is still the modern day setting.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

Haru17 wrote:

CoD AW, AC Unity, AC Rogue, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Alien Isolation, The Walking Dead, ad nauseam all have guns. I mean, I love my PS4, but western game developers have an unhealthy obsession with the modern day setting, guns, and cars. And the real world in the near future with guns and cars is still the modern day setting.

That is mainly cause those are what make the most money.

AlexSays

One of those isn't even on the PS4, and you're counting AC Unity as being a game with guns? The Walking Dead too where you literally shoot like almost never?

Untitled

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

iKhan wrote:

It's worth pointing out that the Wii also got strong 3rd Party support out of the gate, getting a lot of titles that had been ported to PS2.

Or vice versa. Wii did get FIFA 15, while PS2 did not. That means that Wii has ultimately beat the legendary PS2, which is the legacy PS3 and PS4 derive from. That's how I interpreted occurrences like that, anyway. They could have brought alot of the games that were showing up on Wii, on PS2, but it was last generation almost completely by definition, alone.

As for the variety topic, I'd say it has always been about even between Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. Wii just got a different kind of variety than the other 2 got, and they all had their share of shovelware. Xbox 360 and PS3's shovelware was just "hardcore", while Wii's was "casual"

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Troggy

I'm happy with the selection of games I have/can get on my Wii U at the moment. I don't think the PS4 and Xbox One are worth it yet. Not because I dislike the systems, but because not enough games from their libraries interest me enough to warrant me owning either of them. For instance, why would I need to buy a PS4 for Rayman Legends and Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare when I can buy those games for the systems I already own(Wii U and Xbox 360)? I'm interested in Infamous and LBP3, definitely. However, there aren't enough games besides them that interest me. So I'll possibly wait for a year or two before I get a PS4. Also, saying an entire library of games is terrible because a few of them have guns, sports or are FPS games need to rethink how they judge a library of games. You wouldn't say that all the food in the world tastes awful because you ate a sandwich that tasted lousy, so why should you judge games in that sense?

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

skywake

The whole variety argument is a waste of space. They all have variety it's just that the games you get on them tend to gravitate towards different styles. On most platforms most of the variety is in the different ways you can rip someone's face off, whether it be with a gun, an arrow or a swarm of angry bats. While on Nintendo's platforms most of the variety is a surreal painting in varying shades of green and blue whether it be hitting a sandbag with a bat, sailing into the sunset or jumping on a turtles head. I only truly have variety if I get both platforms.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AlexSays

Don't worry Wavey, the game of the generation is coming out next May, it will sell incredibly well, and it won't involve guns.

Of course you won't play it, but I'm sure it'll have your emotional support nonetheless

AlexSays

sub12

AlexSays wrote:

Don't worry Wavey, the game of the generation is coming out next May, it will sell incredibly well, and it won't involve guns.

Of course you won't play it, but I'm sure it'll have your emotional support nonetheless

The Witcher 3?

sub12

AlexSays

Yes, TW3. Couldn't be another Knack, if TWD is a shooter then Knack is like Battlefield 5

On another note, this is my reaction after finding out I didn't coin the term potatostation

Untitled

Legitimately sad about this

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

skywake

AlexSays wrote:

Well maybe on Sony's platforms although I suspect it'll come out a bit earlier than that. If you have a PC or a Wii U/3DS you've been able to enjoy it for months now. We're talking about Shovel Knight right?

(I'm joking obviously but... I am serious about saying Shovel Knight is the best game of this generation)

Edited on by skywake

SCRAPPER392

The best games of this generation are Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, thus far, IMO. Dead Rising 3 is fun. Child of Light was pretty good, too, but I'm going mainly off of replay value, and that is still a cross-gen game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AlexSays

skywake pls, game of the generation till TW3 is I am Bread

Never have bread physics been so real until now

AlexSays

skywake

AlexSays wrote:

skywake pls, game of the generation till TW3 is I am Bread

Never have bread physics been so real until now

I'm kinda concerned about how close I was to actually getting that game.....

Jaz007

Haru17 wrote:

By logic of those games, then so do SSB, Zelda, Nintendo Land, W101, I think Mario, and number of other Nintendo series.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

skywake

Jaz007 wrote:

By logic of those games, then so do SSB, Zelda, Nintendo Land, W101, I think Mario, and number of other Nintendo series.

The only reason Assassin's Creed "doesn't have guns" to the extend that some other games do is because they're historical fiction. There are guns but they're so slow to reload they can never be your main weapon. Even with the uselessness of guns in those games you're still being pretty violent, which I think was the main point of the list. So yeah, lets not get too carried away and say that "by this logic Mario has guns". Just... no.

Edited on by skywake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.