Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 221 to 240 of 416

iKhan

SCAR392 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

We need to face the reality. This gen the Wii U is not going to get AAA cross platforms games. It's not going to happen. However that does not make it gloom and doom for the Wii U. I'm pretty confident the Wii U will continue to receive quality first party tittles and the occasional third party exclusives.

I do mostly agree. Wii barely got any despite being at one point arguably the most mainstream gaming console ever. We might get a couple games that Nintendo would be interested in here or there, but that's about it.

Outside of a few, this is not a big deal to me as long as Nintendo continues to make Wii U a quality home for indies and the like, since most games are download only nowadays anyway.

The Wii's 3rd Party support was miles ahead of what the Wii U had. It lost a lot of AAA games later on, but it was still decent compared to the Wii U.

It depends on how you look at it. Alot of the 3rd party support Wii U got on launch, was an immediate step up from what Wii got. Tekken Tag 2 was only 2 months old on console, CoD Black Ops II came out on Wii U 5 days after Xbox 360 and PS3's version did(with added GamePad and motion support), Sonic Racing was still basically a new game, ZombiU was the equivalent of what RedSteel was on Wii, and I read 2K 2013 was ok.

The only games from big name 3rd parties that were questionable, were from EA, with games like Mass Effect not being the trilogy, or Madden and FIFA having a mocked-up physics engine. So, those games were still a good start for Nintendo fans who bought the console on launch, and already knew those games were going to be there as an immediate step up from Wii.

The 3rd party games on Wii being better is still kind of true, because it was unique to what Xbox 360 and PS3 were getting, because of motioon and pointer controls, which changed the type of games we were getting, in the first place, but there are/were still reasons to get excited about a Wii U 3rd party game, even if it was on other platforms. CoD had the map and stuff, which actually did make a difference for some people, and it was the only console version that has Wii remote controls, even though Activision could have just as easily used PS Move.

We also got games like Child of Light and what I would consider good indie games. None of these would have happened for Nintendo fans without Wii U. Which is why I think the unique software being what made Wii a good system is missing, but we still got games that Wii wouldn't have gotten. This is probably the topic 3rd parties are dealing with right now, because they can technically treat Wii U the same as Xbox and PS, but they may not even want to. Ubisoft has that one game that they are just waiting to release when it is most convenient for them, and it is Wii U exclusive.

It's worth pointing out that the Wii also got strong 3rd Party support out of the gate, getting a lot of titles that had been ported to PS2.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

AlexSays

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I only own a Wii-U for next gen gaming and it's the only system I need. I know I will miss out on the opportunity to play with the variety of the characters in the pictures below but I'm alright with that.

[pic]

I thought that was hilarious and a nice way to critique the creative drought in so-called AAA titles (cue chorus of "look at all the sequels on Nintendo platforms")!

I think the funny part is that I owned every console last gen, yet recognize less than half those characters.

Meaning in such a large population of games, the redundancy is a lot less evident. Opposed to Nintendo consoles which aren't diluted with a ton of third party games, thereby making the redundancy much more obvious.

Throw in the fact a couple of those character comparisons look nothing alike, and that photo doesn't help Wii U fans any. Not surprising you found it 'hilarious' though.

AlexSays

rockodoodle

I have a wii u and xbone. I would rather miss out on xbone if push came to shove. And it's not even close.

Hy8ogen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Not trying to show off or trying to be smug, if you only own a Wii U this gen you are going to miss out. The same applies to people who only own a PS4/Xbone.

To me the best combination is Wii U + PS4 for the 8th gen (which is what I have now). These two consoles complement each other extremely well.

Xbox 360 and PS3 still receiving new games means alot of people aren't missing out on anything, even without an 8th generation system; at least in terms of 3rd parties. The only games that literally worth the most on 8th generation, are the exclusive games.

The PS3 version of COD:AW is just pure crap and SoM on the 7th gen consoles are just rougher than sandpaper. 2 of the biggest release this year and they are both junk on the 7th gen. So yes, if you just own a Wii U for 8th gen, you are missing out and it'll only get worse as time moves on.

skywake wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

To me the best combination is Wii U + PS4 for the 8th gen (which is what I have now). These two consoles complement each other extremely well.

IMO, with all platforms having their own merits and there being no such thing as "one best" platform
Wii U + PC > Wii U + PS4/XBOne > XBOne + PS4 > PC + PS4/XBOne

Wii U + PC is only good if the person know what he/she is doing. Otherwise Wii U+PS4/Xbone is the way to go.

Spanjard wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Not trying to show off or trying to be smug, if you only own a Wii U this gen you are going to miss out. The same applies to people who only own a PS4/Xbone.

To be fair, you're always missing out on something though. If you don't want to miss out on anything, good luck living.

The thing is, it's all choice. I'm sure I'm missing out on some music that is probably really nice. Though my brain can only handle a certain amount for a certain amount of time. Am I really missing out on music though? I don't think in the slightest. I probably listen to more genres than most of you combined.
So am I missing out on certain games? sure. Am I missing out on gaming? Not even close. I know what is there, and I know what i've got and what is coming. I'm satisfied.

So you're telling me missing out on MSG 5, FFXV, GT/Forza, COD and etc is not missing out on gaming? If you're someone who is a fan of Nintendo's work but also want to enjoy titles like I mentioned before, you need to get multiple consoles or you are missing out. If you just want to play Nintendo games and nothing else, then good for you.

rockodoodle

AlexSays

either you're trying to troll or you're completely ignorant to the fact those last gen characters didn't all have guns

The 360 and PS3 beat out the Wii in nearly every single genre last gen, trying to claim those consoles didn't have variety (because of a handful of games) while being a Nintendo fan is pretty naive.

Nintendo fanboys are using that picture to compare games like Infamous, AC, and GTA (which have almost nothing in common) to illustrate a point about lack of variety. If that's not idiotic I don't know what is.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

ReaperMelia

Wii U is the only current gen. system that I own. I plan on getting a PS4 in a few years when it has more games that interest me (I'll definitely have one before Kingdom Hearts III is released), but even then, Wii U would be my primary system.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

either you're trying to troll or you're completely ignorant to the fact those last gen characters didn't all have guns

The 360 and PS3 beat out the Wii in nearly every single genre last gen, trying to claim those consoles didn't have variety (because of a handful of games) while being a Nintendo fan is pretty naive.

Nintendo fanboys are using that picture to compare games like Infamous, AC, and GTA to illustrate a point about lack of variety. If that's not idiotic I don't know what is.

Microsoft has no variety. All their games have Doritoes and Mountain Dew

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

WaLzgi wrote:

doritoes are better than doritos.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AlexSays

Which is why out of the top 15 PS4 games out right now, literally only a few involve guns, one being Tales of the Borderlands.

Yes, 90%.

Edited on by LzWinky

AlexSays

KryptoniteKrunch

Haha, wow that picture is embarrassing. Goes to show certain developers have a severe lack of creativity in designing their characters.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

sub12

If anything Nintendo lacks more variety than any other console manufacturer today......sure, nobody makes games quite like the big N, but on the downside your missing entire genres.

sub12

LzWinky

ogo79 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

doritoes are better than doritos.

Quiet you

I don't think anything is wrong with PS4/Xbox One's line up...aside from the lack of anything appealing to me

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

How about we stick to the topic and not each other

AlexSays

Again, top 15 PS4 games.. how many have are military shooters? Oh wait, none. How many have a guy walking around with a gun? 3?

Please, help me understand the math.

If you'd like to look at the entire library, that won't help your argument. How many military shooters are out besides Battlefield and COD?

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

LzWinky

Call of Duty isn't in the top 15?

AlexSays

WaLzgi wrote:

Call of Duty isn't in the top 15?

No man, must have been kicked out by the apparent 15 Battlefield iterations in front of it ^.^

AlexSays

bluemage1989

The Wii had some decent third party exclusives and it would be great if we could still get at least some of them. I do want to play a new WiiU football game as I've only had FIFA 13 for years now although it is good.

bluemage1989

AlexSays

Out of ~119 games rated >70 on the PS4, I found about 13 matching Wavyboy's description

That would be about 11%. Vastly different than 90%

There must have been some major counting errors on my part, or there must be hundreds of games rated <70 that are gun yielding shooters. Either way I am open to someone pointing out the error of my ways.

AlexSays

LzWinky

I dunno man. The Wii U has good variety for my tastes. Heck, I just finished Bayonetta and loved it

DefHalan

AlexSays wrote:

Out of ~119 games rated >70 on the PS4, I found about 13 matching Wavyboy's description

That would be about 11%. Vastly different than 90%

There must have been some major counting errors on my part, or there must be hundreds of games rated <70 that are gun yielding shooters. Either way I am open to someone pointing out the error of my ways.

What are the top 15 selling games on PS4?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Obviously shooters and more shooters!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.