Wii U Forum

Topic: How many of you are willing to pay $500 or $600 for a Wii U? Available now for preorder from EB Games in Australia.

Showing 81 to 96 of 96

AuthorMessage

Malkeor

81. Posted:

@Waveboy
Wii- U SUXXXXXXX TROLOLOL

I'm excited for it! Bring on E3

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

82. Posted:

Definitely not. It could be as strong as a super computer, I don't care. I'd never spend that much on a system alone. 300-350 sounds more reasonable.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Aviator

83. Posted:

Most people seem to be forgetting this is an Australian price although estimated.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

84. Posted:

WaveBoy, might be you should look for professional help, medical I mean ;)

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

MAB

85. Posted:

500 - 600 sounds about right for us aussies. We have to pay the big bucks for our electronics compared to other countries. This price is reasonable enough I have plenty of disposable cash and already have 1000 ready to throw at the WiiU and any games n accessories I might need but I can also understand some peoples gripe with that sort of pricing..

MAB

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

86. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

The Wii U is not going to cost $600. No one wants to be the next PS3, not even Sony.

Lol. I won't buy it at anything less than 250 (PS3/V price) and even then only when Smash Bros. comes out.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

skywake

87. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Australians, in turn, shouldn't be complaining about prices compared to some other places in the world.
We've got a tiny population, and a big country to ship things around. Of course it's going to be more expensive.
But then we also have a higher average wage than the Americans, so the value of our money is less.

Mostly the latter.... but I don't think "value" is the right word. More a willingness to pay more combined with high shop rent, power and wages.

Really though, EB Games are one of the more expensive retailers in Australia and they're currently selling 360s for as much as $410. Post price drop the 3DS is a bargain at $196, the Vita costs $350 and the new iPad is coming out tomorrow for a RRP of $530. From memory I paid $390 for the Wii when it launched and then went out and got Twilight Princess for $99. So $500 for the Wii U? That seems pretty damn good value. $600? .... is a bit more of a stretch.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Ryno

88. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Lets put it this way, newest console with touch screen/pad, dual analogs, 512MB, quad core, etc, etc: PS Vita, retail price around 280€ and probably Sony is losing money (as usual). How a brand new home console supposedly more powerful than Vita and also with a separated touch screen, dual analog, etc can be in the 300€ range is something I cannot understand, 400€ or even more would seem more logical, mostly knowing that Nintendo is well known as experts selling pretty overpriced hardware (Wii building cost 2009 60$, retail price 2012 140€).

Despite the weird sentences, Negative Nelly actually makes a good point here with his comments.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

89. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

$250? Do you know what this is?

• It's got a hi-res touchscreen. FYI: those aren't cheap
  • It's twice as powerful as the PS3. That's one beefy (and pricey) CPU.
  • It was in development for 3 years prior to its announcement w/ several canned prototypes. That's a lot of R&D money down the drain.
  • After what I said about the CPU for the Wii U, I really shouldn't have to tell you about the GPU, do I?
  • It's expensive enough, how about the casing & buttons? Motion sensor in the remote anyone?
  • Heck, the PS3 is $250. How about all this bundled into the pricey package?

Glad to see there are still some people around here that understand some of the key factors that go into pricing consideration other than their feelings.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

90. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

WaveBoy, might be you should look for professional help, medical I mean ;)

An Acid trip may do just fine. ;) :P
Kidding aside, my advice would be to take the keyboard out of your mouth or to unplug the Computer that's attatched to your brain. I have no idea what you're saying you silly sally you

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

91. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

I brought this up about a month ago, Mr James Newton explained to me that it's just a place holder price. If they list the price too low and Nintendo comes out with a higher price then the site is liable and has to sell it at a loss. So they put in a disgustingly high amount to prevent this. Same thing happened with the PS3, 3DS, and Vita. When the actual price is announced they will adjust it accordingly.

/me glomps jay :* :* :* :* :*

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

SteveW

92. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

VincentV wrote:

$250? Do you know what this is?

• It was in development for 3 years prior to its announcement w/ several canned prototypes. That's a lot of R&D money down the drain.
  • After what I said about the CPU for the Wii U, I really shouldn't have to tell you about the GPU, do I?
  • It's expensive enough, how about the casing & buttons? Motion sensor in the remote anyone?

Glad to see there are still some people around here that understand some of the key factors that go into pricing consideration other than their feelings.

I agree with him, the Wii U most likely will be $250 ($300 at the most)...

• I'm sure they will get a good deal as they do with the DSI and 3DS screens. If they are so expensive then explain the $99 tablets...
    • it's not a 2006 CPU so obviously it's more powerful
    • a lot of R&D? seriously? it uses the same Wii remote technology and almost everything else was taken from the DSI
    • Like the CPU... it's not a 2006 GPU and I guarantee it will not be the most powerful GPU available, it doesn't take much to beat a 2006 console.
    • motion sensing is very inexpensive... casing and buttons? seriously? we aren't talking $200 worh of plastic here.
    • PS3 is overpriced still...

When I say $250, I mean in USA dollars...

Edited on by SteveW

SteveW

AuthorMessage

OlderGamer

93. Posted:

When PS3 was launched in Australia, it cost AU$1000....

Electronics are always bit dearer in relative terms in Oz due to relatively small population (scattered over BIG landmass). Many Aussies moan about how AU$ is higher than U$ etc but they are ignorant of Economics.

OlderGamer

AuthorMessage

MAB

94. Posted:

Thats right 'OlderGamer' i remember handing over 800 for a sega saturn at launch so if anyone has a problem with 400 - 600 then they might have to wait 2 years for a price drop.

MAB

AuthorMessage

bub166

95. Posted:

I'm getting a good job this summer, and since I can't drive, I don't have to worry about buying gas or anything like that. I'll easily be able to make the money, and this is the only thing I really want to save up for at the moment. Except maybe a high definition television to go with it, of course. :P

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

John-John

96. Posted:

I need an HDTV and the system. x.x I'd spend that much if I could afford it though. Getting a big paycheck soon. ^_^ but I wanted clothes. :( but yeah I'd spend that much. Numero Uno Nintendo fanboy right here! :D

but anyway, I'm sure it won't be that high. Nintendo still wants to appeal to the casual gaming market with their newer, more powerful system. No one in the casual market would spend that much on a console. Shigeru (he and I are on a first name basis) even said that the Wii U is more than just a home console system and he doesn't want to label it as that. Obviously it's meant to appeal to the general public.

John-John