Wii U Forum

Topic: How many of you are willing to pay $500 or $600 for a Wii U? Available now for preorder from EB Games in Australia.

Showing 61 to 80 of 96

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

61. Posted:

Heh, here in Mexico we will probably have to pay twice as much.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Colors

62. Posted:

Trolling? Really? Simply because I find it ridiculous for me to pay $500 - $600 for a Wii U?

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

AuthorMessage

brooks83

63. Posted:

$500? I'd pay $500,000.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

64. Posted:

sorry, my upper limit with consoles is $250. any more than that and i'll be happy to wait for an eventual price drop or some sort of special deal. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

65. Posted:

Nintendo has always prided itself on low prices, or at least lower than the competition. I highly doubt they will actually price it at $500. In fact, even $400 would surprise me. Chances are they haven't even settled on the price yet... but they are very aware of the economy, and the last thing they will want to do is have an early and steep price drop like with the 3DS. Granted, there was another factor there, being the lack of a strong launch lineup, and Nintendo has acknowledged this and seems to have learned its lesson there... but I still doubt we'll see a $500 console from them anytime soon. If they, in some weird twist, DID ask $500 for it... no way. I'm a big Nintendo fan but I can't afford to throw down $500 on a console right now.

As for the games... $60? Well, that's the price for 360 and PS3 games... but I don't have a PS3 and I rarely get 360 games right when they come out. Assuming the console is more affordable, I would still get the Wii U... but I wouldn't get games quite as often, at least not until the prices drop.

I think $50 is already plenty for games, and I think the console shouldn't be more than $300, $350 tops. Nintendo is facing their first fiscal year of financial loss in 30 years. They saw the effects of setting steep prices with the 3DS. I'd like to believe they have the common sense to take this all into account and learn from their mistakes, releasing the Wii U at a fair price with a worthwhile launch lineup.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

66. Posted:

That's not the actual price. Nintendo wanted to try to price it at $250 remember? It's probably going to be $350-$400. And besides, the just put it up for that much because they can afford to overprice it, just return the money, but if they UNDERprice it then they'll be forced to sell it for less or get 1000s of cancelled pre-orders.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

67. Posted:

Have fun suffering from sales again Nintendo (although would that mean they would make a dramatically lower price and make Wii u ambassadors, giving people 10 free SNES games, and 10 free Gamecube games?)

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

68. Posted:

The Wii U is not going to cost $600. No one wants to be the next PS3, not even Sony.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

voulg160

69. Posted:

you guys do know that this is Australia where talking about triple AAA titles sell for like $119 the current xbox and ps3 bundules on offer are like $350-$400 paying 500 for a console supposedly more powerful is cheap in consideration

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

70. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

@ChocoGoldfish @Order-Sol Yes, prices here are insane. Well everybody here's a newsflash. You complain about stuff Skylanders being expensive there but let's see some examples from here-
*Skylanders again. The figures are $15 at cheapest- for one- and the game used to have a $100 RRP, the cheapest price available was $68 which is a bit less than US RRP $70.
*Super Mario Galaxy 2- Cost $100 at launch (Although it came with a T-Shirt when I got it)
*Skyward Sword bundle- Can't remember if $110 or $120, the gold Wiimote Bundle... Cheapest available I think. Although unsure if this is regular price and we got lucky.
Don't mean to rag on any of you but the 3DS cost $350 at launch so I wouldn't be shocked...

Well yeah...in Australia. Everything is cheaper in America. The Skyward Sword bundle was $70 IIRC and the 3DS was $250 at launch. The Skylanders bundle was $60 but the figurines are also $15 here.

So I was only wrong from those lists with SMG2 and the figures. But they're $15? Last I checked they were $10 for a single pack.

And I didn't intend to complain. Just tried to point out the difference. Sorry it came out that way. :P

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

71. Posted:

$350-$370 at most.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

72. Posted:

No way am i gonna spend $400-$500 on a Wii U. I need that money for a Vita :D

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

73. Posted:

Lets put it this way, newest console with touch screen/pad, dual analogs, 512MB, quad core, etc, etc: PS Vita, retail price around 280€ and probably Sony is losing money (as usual). How a brand new home console supposedly more powerful than Vita and also with a separated touch screen, dual analog, etc can be in the 300€ range is something I cannot understand, 400€ or even more would seem more logical, mostly knowing that Nintendo is well known as experts selling pretty overpriced hardware (Wii building cost 2009 60$, retail price 2012 140€).

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

74. Posted:

I'm not paying more than $300. :P

BBBBBBackloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

75. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Lets put it this way, newest console with touch screen/pad, dual analogs, 512MB, quad core, etc, etc: PS Vita, retail price around 280€ and probably Sony is losing money (as usual). How a brand new home console supposedly more powerful than Vita and also with a separated touch screen, dual analog, etc can be in the 300€ range is something I cannot understand, 400€ or even more would seem more logical, mostly knowing that Nintendo is well known as experts selling pretty overpriced hardware (Wii building cost 2009 60$, retail price 2012 140€).

lolwut

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Splat

76. Posted:

No way what so ever would I pay that much. I would be more than happy just taking advantage of the price drop in Wii and PS3 games when the Wii U comes out.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

simonbelmont82

77. Posted:

no way needs to be 250.00 period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it better be way more powerful than xbox360 and ps3 if they want to charge that much and have bloody m rated games if they want to charge 500 or more!!!!!!!!!!!

erik tree beard

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

78. Posted:

$250? Do you know what this is?

• It's got a hi-res touchscreen. FYI: those aren't cheap
  • It's twice as powerful as the PS3. That's one beefy (and pricey) CPU.
  • It was in development for 3 years prior to its announcement w/ several canned prototypes. That's a lot of R&D money down the drain.
  • After what I said about the CPU for the Wii U, I really shouldn't have to tell you about the GPU, do I?
  • It's expensive enough, how about the casing & buttons? Motion sensor in the remote anyone?
  • Heck, the PS3 is $250. How about all this bundled into the pricey package?
    PS: Blood doesn't make games. Do you see a professional reviewer say "Because Resident Evil has equivalent gameplay quality, but w/ more blood than Skyrim (which has some), RE gets .5 more points than Skyrim?" Yeah. Case settled.

Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

79. Posted:

Err...the $600 price is probably EB Games' way of avoiding a lawsuit. What if the Wii U's $370 instead? And that's in pricey Australia. But yeah, you got most of that in the 1st comment. Just saying.

Vincent294

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

80. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

lolwut

I lol'd. That's the line Mandoble uses on alll the ladies' B-)
Ya....so uh. The Wii U looks pretty fun hey? :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!