Wii U Forum

Topic: How many of you are willing to pay $500 or $600 for a Wii U? Available now for preorder from EB Games in Australia.

Showing 41 to 60 of 96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SlyGuy29

41. Posted:

I would only pay for that much if a REALLY good game was out as well and if they did somwthing like the Ambassador program. If not than I would just wait for Christmas/Birthday. This is without a doupt fake though.

"HEY DUDES, THANKS FOR RESCUING ME. LET'S GO FOR A BURGER.... HA! HA! HA! HA!" President Ronnie.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Macattack

42. Posted:

$500-$600? Sounds pretty cheap for Australia. I live in Australia and the PS3 cost about $700-$800 when it first came out. Although I think there'll be price drop for the system after about a year or so after it's release. (just like the DS Lite)

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

43. Posted:

Also worth noting: In Australia the iPad is $500.

The Wii U has a cheap tablet built into the controller. Yes, it's cheaper and inferior to the iPad, but it's still going to cost money.

And on top of that Nintendo is producing and entire freaking console around that tablet. How the hell is $500 unreasonable for that level of technology.

Oh, and dear people saying the "Wii U is a disappointment." Thanks for the spoiler bros and broettes, glad you've spent enough time with the console to judge whether it's good or not. It's unfortunate that you find the as-yet-unannounced launch lineup that you've spent extensive time playing disappointing.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

44. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

I brought this up about a month ago, Mr James Newton explained to me that it's just a place holder price. If they list the price too low and Nintendo comes out with a higher price then the site is liable and has to sell it at a loss. So they put in a disgustingly high amount to prevent this. Same thing happened with the PS3, 3DS, and Vita. When the actual price is announced they will adjust it accordingly.

This.

I'd bet on it being $399. Tops. They may decide to price it at $299, take a loss/break even on the console sales, hike up the price of games and really push the digital content (magazines, movies, games, etc.) and try to take a bite out of Apple.

I can't see them charging the price of an iPad for a gaming system. People see the Wii (and, imho, will consequently see the Wii U) as a toy. The iPad has been marketed like an all-purpose do-anything must-have totally-hip device from the start. I'm sure Nintendo will play up some cool new casual stuff too, but their decision to keep the Wii name is going to keep the idea of it being an expensive toy in the average consumer's mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AddADashOfSalt

45. Posted:

nope. im hoping $300 and $50 for games

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

46. Posted:

i'll pay 600 dollars if they change the name

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

47. Posted:

Wow um no thank you. If thats the actual price then I am going to wait a bit for it to come down. Honestly though I dont see them pricing it that high especially after what happened to the 3DS when that launched.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bonesy91

48. Posted:

350$ tops for me. Sorry but my money is already tight on 3DS games and the remaining Wii games... not to mention eShop games, PS3 games... "Sigh" Too many games haha

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

armoredghor

49. Posted:

I'd be willing to go as far as $450 for the console. Any more than that and it's probably gonna be 2 years before I buy it. However, @V8_Ninja & @JayArr have solid points. They've made extra high predictions in the past and they've come down to less than half that. I'd say brace for something more than $300 though.

armoredghor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

50. Posted:

I see Choco already pointed it out, but since everyone chose to ignore him, I'll say it: Most games and Game consoles in australia cost twice as much as they do in America and Europe, and possibly even Japan. If it costs $600 there (which I still hope it won't, c'mon Nintendo), it'll likely cost far less everywhere else, closer to half that price even.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nibelilt

51. Posted:

@LordOtaku
YES. YOU ARE RIGHT, ACTUALLY FORGOT THAT, BUT WHEN ORIGINALLY PREORDERING THE 3DS THE PRICE WAS MARKED: $498.00 Preorder Now

@ChocoGoldfish @Order-Sol Yes, prices here are insane. Well everybody here's a newsflash. You complain about stuff Skylanders being expensive there but let's see some examples from here-
*Skylanders again. The figures are $15 at cheapest- for one- and the game used to have a $100 RRP, the cheapest price available was $68 which is a bit less than US RRP $70.
*Super Mario Galaxy 2- Cost $100 at launch (Although it came with a T-Shirt when I got it)
*Skyward Sword bundle- Can't remember if $110 or $120, the gold Wiimote Bundle... Cheapest available I think. Although unsure if this is regular price and we got lucky.
Don't mean to rag on any of you but the 3DS cost $350 at launch so I wouldn't be shocked... I hope for a $450 or under tag though!...

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

52. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

@ChocoGoldfish @Order-Sol Yes, prices here are insane. Well everybody here's a newsflash. You complain about stuff Skylanders being expensive there but let's see some examples from here-
*Skylanders again. The figures are $15 at cheapest- for one- and the game used to have a $100 RRP, the cheapest price available was $68 which is a bit less than US RRP $70.
*Super Mario Galaxy 2- Cost $100 at launch (Although it came with a T-Shirt when I got it)
*Skyward Sword bundle- Can't remember if $110 or $120, the gold Wiimote Bundle... Cheapest available I think. Although unsure if this is regular price and we got lucky.
Don't mean to rag on any of you but the 3DS cost $350 at launch so I wouldn't be shocked...

Well yeah...in Australia. Everything is cheaper in America. The Skyward Sword bundle was $70 IIRC and the 3DS was $250 at launch. The Skylanders bundle was $60 but the figurines are also $15 here.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

53. Posted:

I think she's aware of this.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

54. Posted:

Of course I would pay that. Whatever Nintendo prices it at, that's what I'm paying! I won't be left without the latest Nintendo hardware on day 1!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

55. Posted:

Now that's the spirit bboy2970!

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

56. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

Of course I would pay that. Whatever Nintendo prices it at, that's what I'm paying! I won't be left without the latest Nintendo hardware on day 1!

Me too! Hell, I'd drop $2000 just to have one. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Colors

57. Posted:

Untitled

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

58. Posted:

Untitled

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

59. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

@LordOtaku
YES. YOU ARE RIGHT, ACTUALLY FORGOT THAT, BUT WHEN ORIGINALLY PREORDERING THE 3DS THE PRICE WAS MARKED: $498.00 Preorder Now

@ChocoGoldfish @Order-Sol Yes, prices here are insane. Well everybody here's a newsflash. You complain about stuff Skylanders being expensive there but let's see some examples from here-
*Skylanders again. The figures are $15 at cheapest- for one- and the game used to have a $100 RRP, the cheapest price available was $68 which is a bit less than US RRP $70.
*Super Mario Galaxy 2- Cost $100 at launch (Although it came with a T-Shirt when I got it)
*Skyward Sword bundle- Can't remember if $110 or $120, the gold Wiimote Bundle... Cheapest available I think. Although unsure if this is regular price and we got lucky.
Don't mean to rag on any of you but the 3DS cost $350 at launch so I wouldn't be shocked... I hope for a $450 or under tag though!...

Australians, in turn, shouldn't be complaining about prices compared to some other places in the world.

We've got a tiny population, and a big country to ship things around. Of course it's going to be more expensive.

But then we also have a higher average wage than the Americans, so the value of our money is less.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

60. Posted:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Untitled

I make myself laugh muhaha.
Really though, I'd drop that much. To not go without a brand new Nintendo console each generation would completely blip up my modern gaming and would tarnish some pretty 'what could of been' awesome gaming experiences and memories.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!