Wii U Forum

Topic: How many of you are willing to pay $500 or $600 for a Wii U? Available now for preorder from EB Games in Australia.

Showing 21 to 40 of 96

AuthorMessage

KingMike

21. Posted:

I hear games are always more expensive in Australia (DS and Wii games seem to be about twice the US cost), but most likely EB Games is just over-estimating the price because nobody's going to complain if they reduce the price later, but if they under-price, they'd be forced to sell it at that price or risk being sued for false advertising.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

22. Posted:

@KingMike you have a point, nice job my padawan.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

Ryno

23. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I hear games are always more expensive in Australia (DS and Wii games seem to be about twice the US cost), but most likely EB Games is just over-estimating the price because nobody's going to complain if they reduce the price later, but if they under-price, they'd be forced to sell it at that price or risk being sued for false advertising.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know “Down Under” gets bent over when it comes to prices for video games…

My question is why do these companies that have the Wii U already available for preorder, but don’t know the Suggested Retail Price yet, even put it up for preorder in the first place? I am not saying I disagree that this in fact could be just a “placeholder” but I just wonder why have it listed? Who is going to preorder this now anyway?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

24. Posted:

What other systems are $600 in Australia?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

25. Posted:

I'm a lucky gamer to be an American gamer. Europe, Japan, and Australia have to pay insane amounts of $ to get their games. Too bad it seems like a ton of gamers here also use Action Replays like crazy. I doubt it's that bad in Europe, etc.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

BadKitty

26. Posted:

$500/$600 dollars for firewood, really what has this world come too,
Nintendo's Wii system was decent firewood, they're 3DS system you could see the flames in 3D, but this $500/$600 dollar WiiU, i might as well burn my money.

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You're probly the best person I've battled on Nlife so far u_u

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter: Emeralds110

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

27. Posted:

Emeralds wrote:

Nintendo's Wii system was decent firewood, they're 3DS system you could see the flames in 3D, but this $500/$600 dollar WiiU, i might as well burn my money.

Finally someone agrees that Nintendo console are nothing more then over price firewood

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

LuigiTheGreenFire

28. Posted:

What a freakin' joke. The Wii U seems so disapointing to me. No way would I ever pay more than $300 for this.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

29. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Emeralds wrote:

Finally someone agrees that Nintendo console are nothing more then over price firewood

What's firewood? Please thoroughly explain.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Progamer

30. Posted:

Really 500 dollars, sounds like the ipad to me..... Whos going to buy this plastic

3ds FC 1633- 4211- 8833
Add me if you want to play! Proud owner of a cosmo black 3ds!
In any situation, give me a gun and give me a chair, I will chuck it at you, if you dare!

AuthorMessage

Hokori

31. Posted:

guys remember when they said the 3DS would be $500???? come on this isnt true, the Wii U isnt going to be that high

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Progamer

32. Posted:

are you sure? 500 dollars seems way too much, i guess your right :)

3ds FC 1633- 4211- 8833
Add me if you want to play! Proud owner of a cosmo black 3ds!
In any situation, give me a gun and give me a chair, I will chuck it at you, if you dare!

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

33. Posted:

totaly fake

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

34. Posted:

This article says hello.

As for my personal view on what the Wii U will cost, I highly doubt it will be anywhere above or close to the $400 mark. I'm personally expecting something slightly over the $300 mark, considering that the Wii U doesn't appear to have much completely new technology on it and the controller can't make the console jump more than +$100 in its base price.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

35. Posted:

I'll pay that much if I need to, doesn't seem too unreasonable for a system which will most likely be my main gaming system for several years.
I'll probably wait till I actually know when it's coming out before preordering it though.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

ArmoredGoomba

36. Posted:

I'm not even paying anything above $300

ArmoredGoomba

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

37. Posted:

i may pay 400 but nothing more than that

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

38. Posted:

I don't see why people outside of Australia are reacting so sudden on an Australian pre-order price tag. Has Nintendo even announced the price for any country? I'll make judgements when I hear the U.S. launch/pre-order price

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

39. Posted:

I'm calling it now. $299 in the US.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

40. Posted:

luisesteban wrote:

totaly fake

Yep, totally fake.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic