Wii U Forum

Topic: How many of you are willing to pay $500 or $600 for a Wii U? Available now for preorder from EB Games in Australia.

Showing 1 to 20 of 96

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1. Posted:

Untitled

EB Games Wii U preorder page.

According to Wii U Insiders!, Wii U prices are popping up on the Internet. Here are a couple notes from the article.

• the french mall supermarket chain, Carrefour, has priced the Wii U at €450, and after con(v)erting the euros to dollars, it equals to US $594 which is about the same price as EB has it.
  • Zavvi, has a price listing for the Wii U as well, at £399.85. (around $600.00 USD)
  • A good note for us in the U.S. and Canada. HOWEVER, considering this is Australia, they always get to pay a lot more for electronics than the US and Canada generally do. ...That means the Wii U price will be below the $500 range for the US and Canada.

I wouldn't give the Wii U Insiders! site much credence if it wasn't for the fact that you can verify the EB Games Austraila site has the Wii U available for preorder at $598.00.

Start saving those pennies!

As for games, how about $59.99? £39.99 equals around $59.99.
Zavvi Wii U Games

So who is willing to pay $500 to $600 for this system?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

2. Posted:

As much as I love Nintendo... No.
That is very expensive, especially with the current state of the economy. (If that is the actual price, I doubt it though)
...Who a I kidding.... I'll buy it anyway.

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

zionich

3. Posted:

I can always save and make money, so the price tag doesnt bother me. The way the 3DS launch went does. I need to see a better lineup this go around.

3DS FC : 4339-2473-8555
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS3: Yellow Light of Death

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

4. Posted:

$59.99 for marios, no way.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Knux

5. Posted:

No effing way am I paying that much for the Wii U. I will only pay $300 or less for it.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

6. Posted:

Noooooooope.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

7. Posted:

if i weren't getting a new laptop and a few things for my entertainment set up than i would.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

8. Posted:

400 notes!!! Holy moly!!. Yeah can't see the missus approving that lil' purchase, not with two kids to provide for!!
Think I'm gonna wait it out for a bit . Not too bothered as my Wii ,360, 3DS and huge backlog are gonna keep me entertained for at least another two years, by which time Zelda U should be out :) sweet!

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

9. Posted:

It didn't seem likely that I would get the Wii U near launch but there's no way I'm getting it near launch if its this sort of price in Europe.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

JayArr

10. Posted:

I brought this up about a month ago, Mr James Newton explained to me that it's just a place holder price. If they list the price too low and Nintendo comes out with a higher price then the site is liable and has to sell it at a loss. So they put in a disgustingly high amount to prevent this. Same thing happened with the PS3, 3DS, and Vita. When the actual price is announced they will adjust it accordingly.

Edited on by JayArr

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Noire

11. Posted:

598 Australian dollars?

riiiiiiiiiiidge raaaaaaaacer

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

12. Posted:

That's more than twice as much as the then-already expensive Nintendo 64 (U.S. $249.95). However, it doesn't surprise me due to it's technology and setup.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

HappyHappy

13. Posted:

I would never pay that much for a gaming system.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14. Posted:

HappyHappy wrote:

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Aviator

15. Posted:

Seeing how the state of video games is in Australia, something close to this price wouldn't surprise me at all.

They first need to get the R18+ rating in, then fix the imbalance.
I could be buy fancy stuff rather than buy an AAA new release (or a 3 year old nintendo game)

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

16. Posted:

Never.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

17. Posted:

Highly doubt that's the cost...Nintendo is known to make their systems affordable. I say it'll be around $350.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

18. Posted:

$600 is "affordable" by the standards newly-launched consoles in Australia.

I bolded it because there seems to be some confusion above and the assumption that Australian currency and American currency have precisely the same value.

I always expected that would be the price of the console here at launch.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

lonlon-milker

19. Posted:

I have saved quite a large sum of money to buy a wii u but for the system alone I would only go 350 even though that's only half of what I saved. I guess it's cause I would like to do when I got my 3ds and get 3games. One for action one nintendo (or two depending on if the action game is Nintendo), and for a racing or other type of game.

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

20. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

Mr James Newton explained to me that it's just a place holder price. If they list the price too low and Nintendo comes out with a higher price then the site is liable and has to sell it at a loss. So they put in a disgustingly high amount to prevent this. Same thing happened with the PS3, 3DS, and Vita.

I guess the PS3 is what happens when place holder prices come true. :(

CorporalPegasus wrote:

HappyHappy wrote:

I think we're all in the same banana boat.

...in my pants.