Forums

Topic: Hint at achievements on the Wii U?

Posts 81 to 100 of 104

CanisWolfred

19Robb92 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Is it really that hard to ignore them? You could always turn notifications off and then never go to the achievement page. That's literally the equivilent of turning them off.

Sure, but I will still get them and get judged by having a certain amount of them. Doesn't matter if I ignore them personally or not.

I'm not against achievements, it's a great feature for people who care. But, like with any feature I'm not using, I want to have the option to turn it off - completely.

Yes it does. It really does. Because all that "judging" is all in your mind. Nobody actually cares what achievements you have, people just think others do so they feel better about themselves when they have a lot, and even they don't care what other people have unless you have more than they do. And even if some people did judge you for what achievements you have...why would you let something like that get to you? You don't care about achievements anyways.

Besides, knowing Nintendo the achievements won't be universal, and won't be easy for other people to see, so there's probably nothing to worry about in that area. Now with all that said, I highly doubt you'll ever have the option to turn achievments off in the way you want them to, since there's really no point in doing so, but are you really gonna pass up a game you want to play just because it has achievements you can't turn off?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

19Robb92

Mickeymac wrote:

Yes it does. It really does. Because all that "judging" is all in your mind. Nobody actually cares what achievements you have, people just think others do so they feel better about themselves when they have a lot, and even they don't care what other people have unless you have more than they do. And even if some people did judge you for what achievements you have...why would you let something like that get to you? You don't care about achievements anyways.

Besides, knowing Nintendo the achievements won't be universal, and won't be easy for other people to see, so there's probably nothing to worry about in that area. Now with all that said, I highly doubt you'll ever have the option to turn achievments off in the way you want them to, since there's really no point in doing so, but are you really gonna pass up a game you want to play just because it has achievements you can't turn off?

Again, I am being judged, I've already said so. So no, it's not all in my head.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for an option some day. Would be nice. And no, I would not pass up a game because of achievements, that's just silly.

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

CanisWolfred

19Robb92 wrote:

I know I am, if I didn't I wouldn't have this issue to begin with.

How? Have people seriously gone up to you and said "you're a bad gamer for not having enough achievements" or something along those lines? Because if they're not actually saying something, then you can't really know for sure, and in this case it's best to assume it's not happening, otherwise you're bound to go insane. Trust me on that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

AlexSays

Mickeymac wrote:

Have people seriously gone up to you and said "you're a bad gamer for not having enough achievements" or something along those lines?

lmao. EVERY DAY BRO

..every day D:

AlexSays

19Robb92

Mickeymac wrote:

How? Have people seriously gone up to you and said "you're a bad gamer for not having enough achievements" or something along those lines? Because if they're not actually saying something, then you can't really know for sure, and in this case it's best to assume it's not happening, otherwise you're bound to go insane. Trust me on that...

I doubt anyone would do that.

I have friends with the same systems and interests as I. Some that are real achievement hunters and like to check my pages in different games and on different systems. They're not nearly as harsh as your example, it's mostly just friendly fun bringing them up. But still, I do get judged by having them.

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

CanisWolfred

19Robb92 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

How? Have people seriously gone up to you and said "you're a bad gamer for not having enough achievements" or something along those lines? Because if they're not actually saying something, then you can't really know for sure, and in this case it's best to assume it's not happening, otherwise you're bound to go insane. Trust me on that...

I doubt anyone would do that.

I have friends with the same systems and interests as I. Some that are real achievement hunters and like to check my pages in different games and on different systems. They're not nearly as harsh as your example, it's mostly just friendly fun bringing them up. But still, I do get judged by having them.

There, that's all we needed to know. I still wouldn't call that "judging", but that's my opinion on the matter. Better cross your fingers real hard, then, mac. Real hard...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

19Robb92

Mickeymac wrote:

There, that's all we needed to know. I still wouldn't call that "judging", but that's my opinion on the matter. Better cross your fingers real hard, then, mac. Real hard...

Nah, I'll keep them softly crossed until it happens. It's not a huge problem for me. Just a minor annoyance. As I said, it's a great feature. I just think it should be an optional feature, not something I'm forced to be stuck with. Either that or they should do something that makes them worthwhile, maybe being able to buy clothes and stuff for you're Mii's with the achievement points. That would be neat.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Malkeor

19Robb92 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

There, that's all we needed to know. I still wouldn't call that "judging", but that's my opinion on the matter. Better cross your fingers real hard, then, mac. Real hard...

[/div]

Nah, I'll keep them softly crossed until it happens. It's not a huge problem to me. Just a minor annoyance. As I said, it's a great feature. I just think it should be an optional feature, not something I'm forced to be stuck with. Either that or they should do something, maybe being able to buy clothes and stuff for you're Mii's with the achievement points. That would be neat.

That is actually an interesting idea. It would probably frustrate the crap out of me at some point, but it would be a fine idea.
It would probably be something like being able to unlock a certain item, with a certain amount of points, but not necessarily spending them like currency.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

19Robb92

Malkeor wrote:

That is actually an interesting idea. It would probably frustrate the crap out of me at some point, but it would be a fine idea.
It would probably be something like being able to unlock a certain item, with a certain amount of points, but not necessarily spending them like currency.

Exactly. Would make achievements a lot more appealing to me, even if I rarely use my Mii:s much.

Could unlock some cool stuff like in the StreetPass game on the 3DS. Cool Nintendo themed hats (or something from other companies depending on the game (Altairs Hood from Assassins Creed?)), shirts etc.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

shingi_70

On xbox getting some achievements gives you stuff for your avatar. Like clothes and props.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Koos

Not having acheivments will be a major factor in playing Wii U over other consoles
This makes third party games much better. Where's that comic where they laugh about the stupid question marks in the middle of important stuff in Batman. That's the best reason to play it on Wii U if they're not there.

Koos

AlexSays

Koos wrote:

Not having acheivments will be a major factor in playing Wii U over other consoles
This makes third party games much better. Where's that comic where they laugh about the stupid question marks in the middle of important stuff in Batman. That's the best reason to play it on Wii U if they're not there.

Yeah that helped Nintendo out so much this gen.

They had SO many better third party games. You can just tell those 360 games are suffering dearly for that extra bit of development time.

AlexSays

shake_zula

I totally know where Robb's coming from in wanting to be able to disable a feature that he doesn't want to use. I'd personally like a full-blown PS3-like trophy system, but if I didn't, I would want to have to just "ignore" it. It would irritate me knowing that something in the background was keeping a record of accomplishments that I wasn't aiming for. It would be pettiness and probably borderline-OCD, I admit, but I'd feel like that regardless.

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

shingi_70

Kind of related

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

Kind of related

Untitled

[/div]

IDEA THIEVES!!!!111!!1!!2

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

I know.

I'm hoping nintendo does something like that. One of the biggest mistakes of the 3DS is not having the streetpass hats be in the mii maker software.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic