Topic: HD Remasters

Posts 221 to 240 of 278

DudeSean

Aviator wrote:

Look at your avatar.

That is my response.

Am I wrong?

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

I'd only consider Nintendo HD Collections if they have an extensive achievement/trophy list.

If so, I'd hit up Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, the eventual REmake and RE Zero HD remakes (I wouldn't put it past Capcom), maybe the RE Chronicles HD collection (you KNOW that's gonna come to the Wii U somehow) and maybe Donkey Kong Country Returns. I would've said Wario Land Shake It if I already didn't 100% their faux achievement system and decide never to do it again.

I also want to see a trophy or achievement awarded for completing virtual console games.

And get those things on the 3DS already.

Metroid Prime Trilogy had an achievement system, and while it wasn't HD it did add widescreen support. Although I usually just stretched the screen in the options when I'd play on my widescreen tv in the gamecube versions. But if they did something like the Metroid Prime Trilogy for other games, that would be cool. Like a new Super Mario All-Stars with all the old Mario games in NSMB-style.

I'm not really sure what the point of adding a trophy or achievement system for the whole system would be. If it's per game like in MPT then it makes sense because it unlocks bonus stuff for that game. If it's system-wide, then what's the point? Sorry, I've never owned a ps3 or xbox 360.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

ReleaseTheBears

Metroid Prime Trilogy had an achievement system, and while it wasn't HD it did add widescreen support.

Wasn't it a weak one, though? I thought there were barely any for each game.

I'm not really sure what the point of adding a trophy or achievement system for the whole system would be. If it's per game like in MPT then it makes sense because it unlocks bonus stuff for that game. If it's system-wide, then what's the point? Sorry, I've never owned a ps3 or xbox 360.

Replayability, further illusion of achieving something, being able to show it off to your friends. Though I do find most unlockables are as useless to me as what achievements and trophies bring too.

I'm more likely to replay a game if there's a checklist involved.

Edited on by ReleaseTheBears

ReleaseTheBears

DudeSean

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

I see. Well, replayability is what's going to make me replay a game, not a checklist.

DudeSean

ReleaseTheBears

DudeSean wrote:

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

[/div]

I see. Well, replayability is what's going to make me replay a game, not a checklist.

That's kind of the point, most games today, even Nintendo ones, aren't replayable. Giving me a checklist extends my playtime with it and gives me a reason to come back to it later because of unfinished business.

ReleaseTheBears

Sazh

For me it would have to be Skyward Sword.

Sazh

AlexSays

Sazh wrote:

For me it would have to be Skyward Sword.

lol the game just came out and you already want them to re-release it?

Some of you blow my mind with these re-releases and remakes..

AlexSays

e-love

Yeah as much as I'm loving Skyward Sword, I'm not buying it again anytime soon.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SonyFACE

Just popped into my head:
The Conduit HD Collection (incudes 1+2) I know this is probably the last thing that most of you want but the Conduit is my obsession- and playing the first one in beautiful HD with dual analog controls and seamless online on the Wii U... Aw, just delicious
Also DKCR.

Edited on by SonyFACE

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AlexSays

NINTENDOFACE wrote:

Just popped into my head:
The Conduit HD Collection (incudes 1+2) I know this is probably the last thing that most of you want but the Conduit is my obsession- and playing the first one in beautiful HD with dual analog controls and seamless online on the Wii U... Aw, just delicious
Also DKCR.

You're right, that actually is the absolute last thing I would ever want. lol

At least you aren't like most people and can recognize when you're in a minority, I'll give you credit for that.

AlexSays

skywake

There was talk of a PS3 + Move version of Okami on the way and all of the focus was on the improved HD graphics. I don't see that much of a boost in the visuals because of the style of that game and I already own it on the Wii. That said I could see Okami working brilliantly on the Wii U because of the GamePad.... and we've already seen proof of how well it could work.

AlexSays wrote:

Well this is the "HD remasters" thread

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AlexSays

skywake wrote:

Yeah but Skyward Sword JUST came out. lol

There's not even some sort of refractory period? It's like "boom I play game, I like game, make same game please"

And that game didn't even look bad. What's the point in 'remastering' it so it looks slightly better? There has got to be a point in which this is too ridiculous for even some of you.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Chrono_Cross

skywake wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

And with that, we discuss games we would like to see in HD. Don't like it? Don't participate. It's really that easy.

I'd like to see Super Mario Sunshine remastered in HD a la Shadow of the Colossus style. Not an overhaul but a nice HD layer with added achievements.

Or have it completely remastered in HD. Either way I'd be a happy camper, lol.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AlexSays

Chrono_Cross wrote:

And with that, we discuss games we would like to see in HD. Don't like it? Don't participate. It's really that easy.

And again, Skyward Sword looked great already. What is the point in re-releasing it short after its initial release with a minimal graphical upgrade?

I realize some of you are very fragile and are easily offended if someone questions your beloved beliefs, but discussing some of your screwed up views is WAY more interesting than just listing game after game.

Lord what did you guys do when I was gone, just make lists with each other and say how great everything is? lol

AlexSays

irken004

Nah, forums just make people's brains into mush.

If anything I'd want some GC games in HD since I missed out on them.

DudeSean

Would it be possible to be able to download an update for each Wii game that would allow it to run in HD? They could even charge us a buck or two for their efforts.

DudeSean

Chrono_Cross

AlexSays wrote:

And again, Skyward Sword looked great already. What is the point in re-releasing it short after its initial release with a minimal graphical upgrade?

I realize some of you are very fragile and are easily offended if someone questions your beloved beliefs, but discussing some of your screwed up views is WAY more interesting than just listing game after game.

Lord what did you guys do when I was gone, just make lists with each other and say how great everything is? lol

Better question: Who cares? If someone wants an HD remake of Skyward Sword, let them. Who are you to tell them otherwise? You're acting like Nintendo is listening in on them and with that one request, Nintendo is going to take action. Their not.

And don't assume I want it remade, either. Because I don't. Quite frankly, I very much dislike the game and regret buying it at launch as it's barely above average. But even at that, I'm not going to crush someone's dreams and tell them their wrong or even ask questions.

Trust me, the whole "What did you guys do without me??" joke is stale already. This site never needed you and you benefited nothing on this site aside from the forum. You're just a user like everyone else, nothing more, nothing less. Not trying to get personal, just saying it how it is.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AlexSays

DudeSean wrote:

Would it be possible to be able to download an update for each Wii game that would allow it to run in HD? They could even charge us a buck or two for their efforts.

I don't believe so.. Though I'm not an expert on game development.

That would actually be a good idea though. Upgrading visuals at a small cost for those that wish to do. I really like this idea as it isn't time consuming and wouldn't be costly.

irken004 wrote:

Nah, forums just make people's brains into mush.

Isn't this the truth. lol

AlexSays

Radixxs

AlexSays wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

[/div]

No, we had Choco (WaltzElf.)

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AlexSays

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Better question: Who cares?

Well I do, I am a very caring person. : )

I would advise you to relax, my friend. Other than a few minimal differences we are largely the same being human and all, and much like politics, I view everyone nearly the same despite their beliefs.

You seem to be personally invested in my posting and I wouldn't let anything on the internet cause you too much grief. : )

Radixxs wrote:

No, we had Choco (WaltzElf.)

Hah, that is true. One of my favorite members on the site.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.