Forums

Topic: HD Remasters

Posts 141 to 160 of 278

e-love

You seriously would rather play New Super Mario Bros. Mii than an HD Super Mario 64?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

Emaan1 wrote:

You seriously would rather play New Super Mario Bros. Mii than an HD Super Mario 64?

...I've played through SM64 so many times already, so I would rather a new experience to come with the WiiU, and an option to buy it.
The thing had a DS version though. I feel that It won't look that much better in HD.

Super Mario Sunshine on the other hand...

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

I think if Super Mario 64 had a remake in the same way like Ocarina of Time 3D, it could look fantastic. Think like Throwback Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2. That's what it could be like

TysonOfTime

Emaan1 wrote:

I think if Super Mario 64 had a remake in the same way like Ocarina of Time 3D, it could look fantastic. Think like Throwback Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2. That's what it could be like

Yeah, but unlike OoT, SM64 already had a remake. Please, I want something else.

e-love

It was released for Gamecube before that though, with a Master Quest. I'm sure that's not the last time they'll remake Ocarina of Time anyways.

TysonOfTime

Emaan1 wrote:

It was released for Gamecube before that though, with a Master Quest. I'm sure that's not the last time they'll remake Ocarina of Time anyways.

...I know, but master quest wasn't a remake.
And it should be the last time they remake it. It's ridiculous to do more than that.

CanisWolfred

If they take Super Mario 64 DS and give it proper camera controls, I'd buy it for the upteenth time over NSMB Mii quicker than lightning.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I'd buy neither and get a good game that's actually new in some way.

/took a third option

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

I'm not sure I'd buy a remake of any of the older Mario games. With Zelda it kinda makes sense because it tends to go for the more realistic style so it makes sense but Mario? I don't think it's style really needs it as much as Zelda..... Wind Waker excluded.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Chrono_Cross

Super Mario 64 HD? How about no? Give Sunshine a chance if anything and leave that overrated crap where it is.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

e-love

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Super Mario 64 HD? How about no? Give Sunshine a chance if anything and leave that overrated crap where it is.

I love Super Mario Sunshine, but there wouldn't BE a Super Mario Sunshine if there wasn't a Super Mario 64...show some respect at least

Edited on by e-love

ZurrrrBlattTron

I think the best Mario game that deserves a hd reamke the most is sunshine that or give us a sunshine 2 I would enjoy to play sunshine HD or sunshine 2 :3 but I would also love to see a hd remake of ANY metroid game (properly the first ) Kirby super star, earthbound, and ice climbers (they went long enough with out a game as well -_- )

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

skywake wrote:

I'm not sure I'd buy a remake of any of the older Mario games. With Zelda it kinda makes sense because it tends to go for the more realistic style so it makes sense but Mario? I don't think it's style really needs it as much as Zelda..... Wind Waker excluded.

HD =/= Realistic. They'd keep the style the same, just upgrade the textures and models, and up the resolution.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DeadAntelopesGo

I want an HD remake of Eternal Darkness. Or an HD sequel.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

Chrono_Cross

Emaan1 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I love Super Mario Sunshine, but there wouldn't BE a Super Mario Sunshine if there wasn't a Super Mario 64...show some respect at least

Show respect? Of the most overrated Mario ever made? I don't think so. Besides, 64 has already received a remake. Nintendo should give a different 3D Mario a chance.

Just for you.

e-love

@Chron_Cross, I want Super Mario Sunshine to be in HD just as much as you. More so, a Super Mario Sunshine 2, but SM64 is not overrated. Its a magnificent game for its time. It shows its age now, but that's why it should be remade someday. So in my opinion. Super Mario Sunshine 2 on Wii U, then someday an HD Super Mario 64.

CanisWolfred

Super Mario 64 is the only Mario game I don't consider "overrated" (as much as I detest the word), beside Sunshine (obviously). I have no nostalgia for it either - I didn't like it as a kid and hated the NDS version. Once I got it for the VC and could play it properly, though, it was a blast - the first time since Sunshine back in 2003 that I could ever say that about a Mario game! It still has it's faults, but most are minor and a few could even be leveled at Sunshine. In fact, it's only main fault is Rainbow Road - I hate that stage with a furious passion! Better camera controls would make that stage much less frustrating, though, which is why I want another remake. It deserves more than that pitiful DS version.

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

I want an HD remake of Eternal Darkness. Or an HD sequel.

Both would be nice. I really like it, but ED is far from pretty. It really could use a new coat of paint almost as much as it needs a sequel.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

@Mickeymac, so you consider games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Galaxy overrated?

Chrono_Cross

Emaan1 wrote:

@Chron_Cross, I want Super Mario Sunshine to be in HD just as much as you. More so, a Super Mario Sunshine 2, but SM64 is not overrated. Its a magnificent game for its time. It shows its age now, but that's why it should be remade someday. So in my opinion. Super Mario Sunshine 2 on Wii U, then someday an HD Super Mario 64.

It's overrated due to the fact everyone wants another remake of it yet no one wants any other 3D Mario to have even one remake to its name. Let alone, the majority of the fanbase is blinded by pure nostalgia claiming it's their favorite 3D Mario, no exceptions. The entire fanbase doesn't think this, but a lot of the people I've encountered do. And they have no reason to think so outside of the usual "it was the first of its kind" or denying its true faults.

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.