Forums

Topic: Games who nintendo should launch in 2015

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

ghost_rider

Hello my friends, first of all i want to tell you English is not my first language so don't blame me so much okay? :c

Okay let's focus on the topic of this post, Most of you know that Nintendo does not have many games that are worth buying now (although smash bros and mario kart 8) so I created a list of games that Nintendo should launch for next year and hope you will tell me that other games should launch to get to compete or even outperform the competition.

Okay here i go, and i want to remember that the games presented at the e3 will not be in this list

• A New Metroid
  • Punch Out 2
  • Animal Crossing For Wii U
  • A New Mario Strikers
  • Mario Galaxy 3
  • Mario Sunshine 2

See you in the comments xD

ghost_rider

Bolt_Strike

There's no way in hell they're releasing Galaxy 3 and Sunshine 2 in the same year, they'd cannibalize each other's sales.

I do want to see Metroid Prime 4 and a Mario collectathon game, but I doubt anything that big would be coming out until 2016, because the bigger games would need more development time. Most of what's coming in 2015 is already announced anyway.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bass_X0

There's no way in hell they're releasing Galaxy 3 and Sunshine 2 in the same year, they'd cannibalize each other's sales.

So its okay to release a big new Zelda game in the same year as a big new Mario game but not two big new Mario games in the same year?

Mario sells. Galaxy and Sunshine are completely different to each other despite being 3D Mario platformers. If one was released six months later, they would both sell just as well.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

19Robb92

Bass_X0 wrote:

So its okay to release a big new Zelda game in the same year as a big new Mario game but not two big new Mario games in the same year?

Yeah, it is. One does not cut in to the sales of the other.

They're not in the same genre. People who want action/adventure games will get Zelda and people who want a platformer will get Mario.

Releasing two main Mario games would just result in less sales for both since people pick between the two.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Bolt_Strike

Bass_X0 wrote:

Mario sells. Galaxy and Sunshine are completely different to each other despite being 3D Mario platformers. If one was released six months later, they would both sell just as well.

There's a difference between releasing Mario and Zelda in the same year and releasing two Mario games. Mario and Zelda are completely different genres with different fans. Galaxy and Sunshine meanwhile are not only the same genre, but the same gameplay style, only differing in gameplay mechanics (one has FLUDD, the other has antigravity) and to a lesser degree level design. Galaxy and Sunshine likely have many of the same fans so many of them will have to choose one, and that would hurt their sales.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

NinjaWaddleDee

If those games were going to be released, I could see a new Mario platformer, Metroid: Subtitle, and Animal Crossing U coming out in 2016. There are WAY too many games this year as it is. I also doubt a new Punch Out would come to wii u. Maybe as a downloadable game or a 3ds game, but there's no way they could ask people to pay 60 monies for a punch out game. Plus we already have a jam packed year, and it hasn't even been E3 yet!

• Captain Toad (for Europe)
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Splatoon
  • Mario Maker
  • Devil's Third
  • Star Fox
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Zelda U

How much more do we need exactly? Star Fox and Zelda AND Xenoblade in the same year? Yeah, I'm good. But gimmie some of dat Metroid next year plz.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jasonbra

Games we dont know that are coming in 2015 that I hope do:

Metroid by Retro
More MK8 DLC
DVD/BR player app (think its possible if they really wanted to make one)
Whole new OS that makes everything quicker. Notifications, friends list, messages shouldnt be a separate app that needs to be loaded.
Whole wack of 3rd party games.

jasonbra

Bolt_Strike

Yeah, I'm thinking 2016 is going to be:

*some kind of collectathon Mario game (not sure if it's Galaxy, Sunshine, or what)
*Metroid Prime 4
*Animal Crossing U
*Pokken if not in 2015 (that's one game I could possibly see releasing near the end of 2015)
*maybe Paper Mario

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

I think we'll see Animal Crossing U, Metroid, and a collectathon 3D Mario (Galaxy 3 or a true Galaxy successor) announced at E3 2015. Would make for one stellar E3. Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Animal Crossing, and Xenoblade?! Best E3 ever.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

I think we'll see Animal Crossing U, Metroid, and a collectathon 3D Mario (Galaxy 3 or a true Galaxy successor) announced at E3 2015. Would make for one stellar E3. Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Animal Crossing, and Xenoblade?! Best E3 ever.

I second that notion. That'd be a tough lineup to beat.

Bolt_Strike

unrandomsam

IceClimbers wrote:

Loads of sequels wouldn't make the best E3 especially ones that are pretty much guaranteed to happen sooner or later anyway.

Unexpected things are the best. (Or if it is an existing IP something totally different like Kid Icarus : Uprising was - a direct sequel to that wouldn't be interesting either something else like a KI RPG would be).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Bolt_Strike

unrandomsam wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Loads of sequels wouldn't make the best E3 especially ones that are pretty much guaranteed to happen sooner or later anyway.

Unexpected things are the best. (Or if it is an existing IP something totally different like Kid Icarus : Uprising was - a direct sequel to that wouldn't be interesting either something else like a KI RPG would be).

Reusing an existing IP doesn't necessarily make it a sequel nor does that mean they can't do something unexpected. Look at the past collectathon Mario games for example, they each take advantage of their system's capabilities to do different things with the same formula.

Also, we haven't had a Collectathon Mario or Metroid game in quite a few years, so those games aren't as stale.

Bolt_Strike

bluemage1989

New Luigi's Mansion please

bluemage1989

Don

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens and Lego Star Wars IV The Force Awakens will be two of the best licensed games for Wii U and 3DS in 2015.

Don

arojilla

A Zelda based SoulCalibur style fighting game!

An on-line multiplayer CoD style Metroid FPS!

arojilla

MrWalkieTalkie

arojilla wrote:

Hmm, well didn't Nintendo recently file a trademark for "Hyrule" soon after the success of Hyrule Warriors, leading us to believe there'll be more Zelda spin-offs? If so then a fighting game based on Soul Caliber would fantastic!!

Heck it could even be an actual Soul Calibur game developed by NAMCO, just as how Hyrule Warriors is an actual Dynasty Warriors game developed by Koei Tecmo.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

bluemage1989

arojilla wrote:

An on-line multiplayer CoD style Metroid FPS!

Online multiplayer would be awesome in Metroid but I hope these keep it like Prime I like military shooters like COD but i like lots of variety in shooters.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

Don wrote:

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens and Lego Star Wars IV The Force Awakens will be two of the best licensed games for Wii U and 3DS in 2015.

Please come to WiiU!!

bluemage1989

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

3DS games

/thread

Still sad Dragon Quest hasn't been localized...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.