Wii U Forum

Topic: Game & Wario

Showing 301 to 320 of 331

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

301. Posted:

I was thinking of downloading it until I noticed the price, $79.95AU hells no... So I ended up getting that Trials motorbike & more Game Gear shiz for the 3DS instead ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samurairu

302. Posted:

Dev wrote:

I've found out a way to rack up tokens by playing Bird a lot. Gotta love Pyoro!

I'm still nowhere close to finishing my prize collection, though. This game practically forces you to keep coming back to play again and again just to unlock those weird, but amusing prizes. And even once I do collect everything, I'm bound to come back to mess with the prizes again for just how funny and strangely enduring they are, which would only ensure more replaying.

So I don't understand it when people call this game shallow. The only way this game is shallow is in the amount of stages the games have. Most games only have four to five stages in them, and games like Ashley and Taxi only have three! That's my only complaint about the game. The games should have had more stages, which is why some people have been calling for DLC on Miiverse.

I agree with you. This game continues to exceed my expectations. It's far from a classic IMO, but I've been playing it a little every day. Miiverse sketch is fantastic for relaxing after work and what I find people referring to "shallowness" is the ability for me to play some games with my wife and have loads of fun, even though she doesn't want to have to figure out how to play a game.

To each their own, but if you think you may like this game you should get it or at least rent it. It will take you a few play throughs to get it IMO. Sort of like how it's difficult to explain to people who haven't played on a Wii U, why it's great fun to have a touchpad integrated on your controller.

Samurairu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

303. Posted:

Oh hey, Nintendo's holding an art contest based on this game and the WarioWare franchise!

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wiiu/nintendo-of-europe-holds-gam...

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

304. Posted:

And now we have Nintendo UK's TV ad for the game!

There's a right way to say Wario's name. This is not it.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

305. Posted:

I really admire how this game can be enjoyed by those watching as well.

I was playing "Shutter" and "Gamer" while my mom was sitting on the couch and she started getting really into it and helping me out. It was a lot of fun :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

306. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

And now we have Nintendo UK's TV ad for the game!

There's a right way to say Wario's name. This is not it.

Game and Wurio. I hate it when people mispronounce such obvious things!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

antipop621

307. Posted:

Although I really only bought it to support Wii U during this time of sluggish sales, I found its given me quite a few laughs. I don't regret the purchase but I doubt I'll touch it again when Pikmin 3 comes out.

antipop621

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

308. Posted:

Seeing this makes me wish Waluigi was in Game & Wario, or any Wario game for that matter.
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OdnetninAges

309. Posted:

@Dev

Hey, that's pretty cool. Where did you find that?

Console Usernames: Rc

Not an "LOL" this time, but pretty cool.

Ashley is best AT.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Best Thing Ever

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

310. Posted:

@OdnetninAges: It's from Deviantart. I give the guy kudos for making it look so much like official Game & Wario artwork.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

311. Posted:

My copy should arrive tomorrow or Wed.- I bought it in part to support Wii U as well, tho I can see myself and my brother enjoying these types of games. I'm ready for Wii U Party or whatever to come out....

antipop621 wrote:

Although I really only bought it to support Wii U during this time of sluggish sales, I found its given me quite a few laughs. I don't regret the purchase but I doubt I'll touch it again when Pikmin 3 comes out.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

312. Posted:

I really think Nintendo should have just gone the eShop route and released some of these games individually.
Gamer, Shutter, and Taxi seemed like viable choices- and potential big sellers.

With that said I love this game mostly for the unlockables :3

I just wish the ideas present in some of the games were more fleshed out to something greater than simply mini-games within a mini-game compilation.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

313. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I really think Nintendo should have just gone the eShop route and released some of these games individually.
Gamer, Shutter, and Taxi seemed like viable choices- and potential big sellers.

With that said I love this game mostly for the unlockables :3

I just wish the ideas present in some of the games were more fleshed out to something greater than simply mini-games within a mini-game compilation.

Who knows? That's actually possible. Bird & Beans and Paper Airplane Chase are both Dsiware games that originated as Wario Ware microgames. And since these are bigger games, it makes more sense to sell them individually.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

314. Posted:

Again; my only complaint with Game & Wario is that the games have too few stages. A game like Taxi could have easily been expanded upon, and yet there's only three stages.

Overall; Game & Wario can't beat any of the WarioWare games, not counting Snapped. I recently played WarioWare: Smooth Moves again since it's been a while, and boy, is it still fun! It just walks all over Game & Wario. However; it would be sort of unfair to judge between this game and the WarioWare series considering Game & Wario was never intended to be a WarioWare game in the first place. That; and it's still a fun game, even though it might not have a lasting appeal. I may not play it much in the future as bigger and better games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World come out, and certainly not so much when the next WarioWare game arrives. But I will come back to Game & Wario from time-to-time to fiddle around with the funny prizes and to play Gamer and Bird, as well as finally finish Patchwork whenever I can get some help.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

315. Posted:

This.... just got mine today. I guess it's okay- something you might pull out when you have friends over who don't play games all that much. Can't judge too much of it b/c I still haven't unlocked the game after skiing, which I actually kind of like. It probably didn't help that I got this with Injustice, which I think is really cool.

Emaan wrote:

I really think Nintendo should have just gone the eShop route and released some of these games individually.
Gamer, Shutter, and Taxi seemed like viable choices- and potential big sellers.

With that said I love this game mostly for the unlockables :3

I just wish the ideas present in some of the games were more fleshed out to something greater than simply mini-games within a mini-game compilation.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

316. Posted:

I just picked this up today and I'm really enjoying it so far. Loved the budget price on this game made the purchase decision easier.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

317. Posted:

Personally, I have to wonder why these games weren't released as eShop titles. I mean, they seem to be decent enough games... but they're not really worth the price of a full Wii U game. And hey, they've got enough gameplay and 'depth' to them that they'd work really well as cheap 'apps' on a download service. I mean, imagine how cool it'd be to buy just Gamer for about 5 dollars/pounds. Or buy the likes of Taxi, Ashley, Ski or Pirates for about a dollar/pound a piece.

Plus, lots more people may have bought them at that price too.

Anyone agree?

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

318. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Personally, I have to wonder why these games weren't released as eShop titles. I mean, they seem to be decent enough games... but they're not really worth the price of a full Wii U game. And hey, they've got enough gameplay and 'depth' to them that they'd work really well as cheap 'apps' on a download service. I mean, imagine how cool it'd be to buy just Gamer for about 5 dollars/pounds. Or buy the likes of Taxi, Ashley, Ski or Pirates for about a dollar/pound a piece.

Plus, lots more people may have bought them at that price too.

Anyone agree?

Sure; if they had more stages. I've already stated twice that these games should have had more stages.

And Game & Wario is not the price of a full Wii U game. The $40 was a wise move on Nintendo's part, since it sounds like this game is selling out everywhere. Wouldn't it be funny if the public ended up liking this more than the reviewers? It sure seems that way.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

319. Posted:

Dev wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Personally, I have to wonder why these games weren't released as eShop titles. I mean, they seem to be decent enough games... but they're not really worth the price of a full Wii U game. And hey, they've got enough gameplay and 'depth' to them that they'd work really well as cheap 'apps' on a download service. I mean, imagine how cool it'd be to buy just Gamer for about 5 dollars/pounds. Or buy the likes of Taxi, Ashley, Ski or Pirates for about a dollar/pound a piece.

Plus, lots more people may have bought them at that price too.

Anyone agree?

Sure; if they had more stages. I've already stated twice that these games should have had more stages.

And Game & Wario is not the price of a full Wii U game. The $40 was a wise move on Nintendo's part, since it sounds like this game is selling out everywhere. Wouldn't it be funny if the public ended up liking this more than the reviewers? It sure seems that way.

The game's selling out? Source? Because in Japan, it dropped straight off the radar after about two weeks.

It'd be interesting if it turned out it was selling out in the US or something. Probably failing in Europe right now (especially the UK), the Wii U itself hasn't had a game on the charts... since launch.

And I'm sorry about the price mess up. Okay, about £30 is a better price for this, but I still honestly think it's a bit overpriced even then. I mean, 16 dollar app quality games (some of which are supposedly better than others) should equal a £16 price point or something. Perhaps a tenner or so.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

320. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Dev wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Personally, I have to wonder why these games weren't released as eShop titles. I mean, they seem to be decent enough games... but they're not really worth the price of a full Wii U game. And hey, they've got enough gameplay and 'depth' to them that they'd work really well as cheap 'apps' on a download service. I mean, imagine how cool it'd be to buy just Gamer for about 5 dollars/pounds. Or buy the likes of Taxi, Ashley, Ski or Pirates for about a dollar/pound a piece.

Plus, lots more people may have bought them at that price too.

Anyone agree?

Sure; if they had more stages. I've already stated twice that these games should have had more stages.

And Game & Wario is not the price of a full Wii U game. The $40 was a wise move on Nintendo's part, since it sounds like this game is selling out everywhere. Wouldn't it be funny if the public ended up liking this more than the reviewers? It sure seems that way.

The game's selling out? Source? Because in Japan, it dropped straight off the radar after about two weeks.

It'd be interesting if it turned out it was selling out in the US or something. Probably failing in Europe right now (especially the UK), the Wii U itself hasn't had a game on the charts... since launch.

And I'm sorry about the price mess up. Okay, about £30 is a better price for this, but I still honestly think it's a bit overpriced even then. I mean, 16 dollar app quality games (some of which are supposedly better than others) should equal a £16 price point or something. Perhaps a tenner or so.

All right; I should've clarified that it's selling out everywhere in America. People on Miiverse have been talking about how Gamestops and Best Buys here have been selling out of stock. Whether they just didn't have enough copies or if it is selling well, it's doing better here than in Japan at least.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan