Forums

Topic: Game & Wario

Posts 241 to 251 of 251

CM30

Personally, I have to wonder why these games weren't released as eShop titles. I mean, they seem to be decent enough games... but they're not really worth the price of a full Wii U game. And hey, they've got enough gameplay and 'depth' to them that they'd work really well as cheap 'apps' on a download service. I mean, imagine how cool it'd be to buy just Gamer for about 5 dollars/pounds. Or buy the likes of Taxi, Ashley, Ski or Pirates for about a dollar/pound a piece.

Plus, lots more people may have bought them at that price too.

Anyone agree?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

CM30

Dev wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Personally, I have to wonder why these games weren't released as eShop titles. I mean, they seem to be decent enough games... but they're not really worth the price of a full Wii U game. And hey, they've got enough gameplay and 'depth' to them that they'd work really well as cheap 'apps' on a download service. I mean, imagine how cool it'd be to buy just Gamer for about 5 dollars/pounds. Or buy the likes of Taxi, Ashley, Ski or Pirates for about a dollar/pound a piece.

Anyone agree?

Sure; if they had more stages. I've already stated twice that these games should have had more stages.

And Game & Wario is not the price of a full Wii U game. The $40 was a wise move on Nintendo's part, since it sounds like this game is selling out everywhere. Wouldn't it be funny if the public ended up liking this more than the reviewers? It sure seems that way.

The game's selling out? Source? Because in Japan, it dropped straight off the radar after about two weeks.

It'd be interesting if it turned out it was selling out in the US or something. Probably failing in Europe right now (especially the UK), the Wii U itself hasn't had a game on the charts... since launch.

And I'm sorry about the price mess up. Okay, about £30 is a better price for this, but I still honestly think it's a bit overpriced even then. I mean, 16 dollar app quality games (some of which are supposedly better than others) should equal a £16 price point or something. Perhaps a tenner or so.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

e-love

I agree on the eShop option. It just seemed more suitable for something like this.

I just really wish there had been more content. I would pay $20 for a more fleshed out version of Shutter.
Gamer and Patchwork could have been easy $10 eShop sells as they are.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

rockodoodle

Yes.... or do what Zen Pinball does- have 9.99 for the first four, then $2.99 for the next levels.....

CM30 wrote:

Anyone agree?

rockodoodle

Torchwood

CM30 wrote:

And now we have Nintendo UK's TV ad for the game!

There's a right way to say Wario's name. This is not it.

aND YOU CAN EVEN LAUNCH FRAWGSSSSSSS!!!!!111

Anyway, I just bought a Wii U and I'm trying to decide whether to get this or not. My priority has been launch titles, but would this be a decent purchase if I can find it for say $25? The reviews all seem to differ in opinion, so I thought I'd ask somebody who owns it.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379
Nintendo Network ID- ChameleonCircuit

AMR

@cm30 your mileage will vary depending what your tastes are for me it's the perfect side game something to play alongside your current main game when you fancy a break. Many people bought this expecting Wario Ware U and were disappointed but as a mini game collection it's actually pretty good. The games on offer are a mixed bag my faves include: Gamer, Ninja, Ashley (which is criminally short unfortunately), Camera, Taxi, Islands (which is awesome in multiplayer) & Ski (simple game but the charm more than makes up for it). Despite a lack of depth in some of the games the polish given to the presentation, music & unlockables makes this a nice addition to your collection. Should you buy it full price? Probably not but if you can find a cheap copy snap it up as I'm sure you'll find a lot to love about it

Nostalgic gamer who longs for the good old days!

Twitter:

Whopper744

Still really having a hard time deciding with this one. I've liked all the Wario Ware games but this one has just pretty mediocre reviews...not sure about this...

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

CM30

Well, I heard it's doing pretty badly in shops. As in, has so far sold only 12 000 copies in June. And reviews are obviously not great. So there might be a message there somewhere, just the slightest hint the game isn't all too good or a recommended purchase.

Twitter:

atlantis01

It took me a while to decide to take the plunge with this one. I really did not want to pay the $74 price tag in the shops because while I felt the game was probably going to be okay I felt it was worth no where near that much. I got it for $39 off ebay and played it for the first time this morning. I liked it! I liked how you take a picture of yourself and can give yourself a funny look. I played two games. Arrow was too easy but Camera was good. It's a bright fun game and I'm surprised with how much I like it. If only the shops did not over charge so much for good quality games like this more people will probably buy it! $74 is a huge rip off for this little but very good game.

atlantis01

DELETE_ACCOUNT

atlantis01 wrote:

It took me a while to decide to take the plunge with this one. I really did not want to pay the $74 price tag in the shops because while I felt the game was probably going to be okay I felt it was worth no where near that much. I got it for $39 off ebay and played it for the first time this morning. I liked it! I liked how you take a picture of yourself and can give yourself a funny look. I played two games. Arrow was too easy but Camera was good. It's a bright fun game and I'm surprised with how much I like it. If only the shops did not over charge so much for good quality games like this more people will probably buy it! $74 is a huge rip off for this little but very good game.

I think you're right. The reason I bought this game was the price was right. It's not worth the same as a new Pikmin or Mario etc, but it is a lot of fun and I haven't read a lot of complaints about it. I'm still enjoying it and glad I got it! Have fun with your copy!

DELETE_ACCOUNT

rockodoodle

Got it about a month ago. It's okay. Something that I don't play that often, but will probably pick up every now and then for a while. I paid full price for it, but would definitely recommend for $25 or less.

rockodoodle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.