Wii U Forum

Topic: Game & Wario

Showing 281 to 300 of 331

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

281. Posted:

@Dev I know right? Busting through the window, seriously?

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Musterd

282. Posted:

I really want to get it, but I have to wait. I download all my Wii U games, and I just got New Super Luigi U, so my dad probably won't be very happy about me using his credit card again.
I've seen the reviews, and I've noticed that reviewers don't like it, but players do. I can tell that my favorite games will be Gamer and (Miiverse) Sketch and that I'll spend WAY too much time with the Cluck-A-Pop stuff.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

Musterd

283. Posted:

Found another positive review! Well, it's pretty positive.
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51553/reviews/game-...

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

Klunk23

284. Posted:

is any body else having troubles on the controls in Islands

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

285. Posted:

Klunk23 wrote:

is any body else having troubles on the controls in Islands

Not me. Me & my brother constantly play Islands, trying to beat each other. :D

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

286. Posted:

Musterd wrote:

Found another positive review! Well, it's pretty positive.
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51553/reviews/game-...

Well it is an official Nintendo magazine. lol

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

287. Posted:

Collecting Cluck-a-Pop prizes is surprisingly not an easy task in this game. You have to reach an achievement most of the time in order to get a token, and since there's 250 prizes in the game, I still have a very long way to go. At least it helps with replayability.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

288. Posted:

This game's reviews are WAY worse then I expected! :o

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

Emaan

289. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

This game's reviews are WAY worse then I expected! :o

They're way worse than they should be.

It's not a perfect game by any means, but it doesn't deserve the harsh reception it's been getting.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Samurairu

290. Posted:

The bad reviews for this seem to giving bad reviews because the game isn't what they wanted and they aren't paying attention to what the game is. To me, this game is worth every penny. I love miiverse sketch and the corny humour scattered throughout. If you like these type of simple party games, I think you'll love this game. It should be a solid seller and I know it will eat up a lot of my time until some of the more mainstream games come out.

Games like this is a part of the reason why I love Nintendo. No one else does it like they do.

Samurairu

AuthorMessage

Samurairu

291. Posted:

I forgot to add the game has a distinct Japanese flavour with lots of little cultural references which add to the game even more if you get them. I know I don't get them all, but I do get some and my Japanese friends appreciate it even more!

Samurairu

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

292. Posted:

I've read that there's several Best Buys and Gamestops selling out of Game & Wario copies. Are they just short on stock or is this game actually selling well?

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Emaan

293. Posted:

@Dev
I'm sure it was an issue of low stock. Was this game even marketed on TV? :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

294. Posted:

Samurairu wrote:

The bad reviews for this seem to giving bad reviews because the game isn't what they wanted and they aren't paying attention to what the game is. To me, this game is worth every penny. I love miiverse sketch and the corny humour scattered throughout. If you like these type of simple party games, I think you'll love this game. It should be a solid seller and I know it will eat up a lot of my time until some of the more mainstream games come out.

Games like this is a part of the reason why I love Nintendo. No one else does it like they do.

I always try to figure out the reviewer's tone when I read reviews. It's easy for some of the reviewers you hear from a lot: Adam Sessler comes to mind. You kind of already know the guy's past and what he's all about when it comes to games, so it can help you read the review with a bit more knowledge.

Basically, like you said, sometimes it's easy to pick up on the fact that a reviewer is being a bit hard on a game because it just wasn't what HE or SHE wanted from it, not that it's objectively a bad game. When that warning flag goes off, proceed with caution. This happened a lot with the Zombi U reviews. Try to find a positive review, read it, and then hold it in contrast with the negative ones. Does the positive seem a bit TOO enthusiastic? Or does it offer some nice, tempered viewpoints? Reading reviews is a game in itself!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

swordx

295. Posted:

This game is better than any WarioWare game! This is amazing! After playing Gamer, I can't go back. All the other games are great, too! I really don't understand any of the hate towards this game. It really is fun if you give it a chance!

swordx

AuthorMessage

iphys

296. Posted:

Mainly I was shocked that the credits rolled so quickly after I initially loaded the game just to briefly try it and that so few of the games interested me in replaying them. Gamer is decent, but the trouble is after you've played Gamer for an hour and got Gamer status on everything, there's very little reason to keep playing. It's really only the equivalent of one character in a WarioWare game, so you definitely can't count on this one mode to flesh out the game for you. I had hoped I'd get at least a couple hours of play time out of each mini game, but the only other one I even felt like replaying was the Design game, but there was so little to do, that only held my attention for 20 minutes. Most of the mini games just feel like either the quality or content isn't there. The absolute worst for me was Taxi, as the GamePad simply could not respond to my motions when I tried to aim up at a high angle, and for some reason I found it impossible to drive whenever I needed to look at the map. I also found my center in Pirate would suddenly shift 60 degrees to my right like strange things seemed to be going on with the GamePad. And did we really need Bird & Beans recycled again?

This is possibly the weakest Nintendo-published game I've ever played. The only games I could compare this with at least came bundled with a Wiimote so that you were really only paying $10 for the game. I'm not sure I would even recommend this game at $20. I'd say spend your $40 on eShop cards and get some much better games from the eShop instead.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

297. Posted:

swordx wrote:

This game is better than any WarioWare game! This is amazing! After playing Gamer, I can't go back. All the other games are great, too! I really don't understand any of the hate towards this game. It really is fun if you give it a chance!

iphys wrote:

This is possibly the weakest Nintendo-published game I've ever played.

Wow; talk about polar opposites.

It seems to me like people are either going to love or hate this game. To me, it looks like most enjoy it or even love it, with only a few disliking or flat-out hating it. Even the neutral ones who were unsure and eventually try it end up liking it. I guess it's called opinions, which always makes judging games tricky.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

element187

298. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I WAS going to get this game, but I decided against it. I was all set and ready if the review videos were good, but like @willobee said, I was one of the people on the fence. I think IGN was a little harsh, because there is still worthwhile stuff to do in the game, but I would rate it mediocre as a 6 from what I've seen.
I'm sure tons of people will buy it(and enjoy it) anyway, because it's Wario, $40, or their kids want it.
I plan on buying it when the price goes down if it does, but I'm saving my dollars for Pikmin, W101, etc. games I think are more worthwhile.

Nintendo published titles don't drop in price for years.... so somewhere in 2015/2016 it will see its price cut.

element187

AuthorMessage

element187

299. Posted:

iphys wrote:

This is possibly the weakest Nintendo-published game I've ever played. The only games I could compare this with at least came bundled with a Wiimote so that you were really only paying $10 for the game. I'm not sure I would even recommend this game at $20. I'd say spend your $40 on eShop cards and get some much better games from the eShop instead.

Yeah, I was going to buy Game and Wario just to feed my Wii U something, but looking at all the videos and reviews, I knew I wouldn't be happy with it for $40. I could buy another 3DS game for that...... so I rented it instead. it should be here today actually.

That and Gamefly just sent me Sniper V2... so far Sniper is actually pretty fun, because 505 gimped it, I'm not purchasing it... next time the publisher can make a game equal to the ps360 versions if they want my money.

Edited on by element187

element187

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

300. Posted:

I've found out a way to rack up tokens by playing Bird a lot. Gotta love Pyoro!

I'm still nowhere close to finishing my prize collection, though. This game practically forces you to keep coming back to play again and again just to unlock those weird, but amusing prizes. And even once I do collect everything, I'm bound to come back to mess with the prizes again for just how funny and strangely enduring they are, which would only ensure more replaying.

So I don't understand it when people call this game shallow. The only way this game is shallow is in the amount of stages the games have. Most games only have four to five stages in them, and games like Ashley and Taxi only have three! That's my only complaint about the game. The games should have had more stages, which is why some people have been calling for DLC on Miiverse.

Miiverse