Wii U Forum

Topic: Game & Wario

Showing 261 to 280 of 331

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

261. Posted:

I've now played all the games. Ashley is pretty simple, but looks good. I liked playing Taxi with its drive-and-shoot controls and it felt immersing. Pirates is also pretty fun. Bowling, which is another game the NL review seemed to not like, was actually fun and I have a feeling it'll end up being one of my most played games in the collection. Overall, I say my favorite game is Gamer and least favorite is Design.

The ending was great and the credits are very clever and unique. I won't spoil anything, but the credits show more about the people who made the game than just their names and positions.

Now I'll have to start really collecting all the Cluck-a-Pop prizes, which will take a while.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

262. Posted:

Dev wrote:

I've now played all the games. Ashley is pretty simple, but looks good. I liked playing Taxi with its drive-and-shoot controls and it felt immersing. Pirates is also pretty fun. Bowling, which is another game the NL review seemed to not like, was actually fun and I have a feeling it'll end up being one of my most played games in the collection. Overall, I say my favorite game is Gamer and least favorite is Design.

The ending was great and the credits are very clever and unique. I won't spoil anything, but the credits show more about the people who made the game than just their names and positions.

Now I'll have to start really collecting all the Cluck-a-Pop prizes, which will take a while.

Really? Design is your least favourite? It was actually near the top, for me. I had a lot of fun with it, especially the two player mode.

I'd say my least favourite was Pirate. I didn't really like it.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

263. Posted:

My friend is holding a graduation party on Friday, and he asked me to bring my Wii U. I was just thinking to myself, "But the only real party game I have for it is Nintendo Land!"

And then I remembered this.
Now I have to buy it. >_<

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Emaan

264. Posted:

I have to say it's a shame the reviews were so harsh on this game.

After playing it for a while, I realize how brilliant this game is. Yes it may be lacking on the depth side of things, but that's why it's a reduced-price game.
The prizes are so entertaining!

So far my favorites are Gamer and Taxi.
Design is my least favorite too. It's just not fun. At all.

Still have a few more games to get to and I'm definitely excited :3
The presentation quality and the music in this game are both really great as well.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

265. Posted:

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow (along with Project X Zone)

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

willobee

266. Posted:

I'm still on the fence about this game... I really feel like this would maybe be better as a bunch of separate Eshop games. Mostly because I reeeeally want a few of the games, and other looks horrid to me.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

267. Posted:

I think I'll wait for a friend to buy it, then I'll borrow it!
Oh wait, NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE A WII U
I would rent it...but all of the Blockbusters near me were demolished. I don't really want to buy it...so I guess I'll just wait two years for a price drop?

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

iphys

268. Posted:

Well, now that I've played this game, I think the reviews have actually been overly generous. I'd give this game 4/10. It feels way too light on content, and I wouldn't consider many of these mini-games to even be worth $2. I thought I would at least enjoy Gamer, but honestly, it's just annoying having to worry about 2 screens at once. I hate to say it, but I think the 2nd screen is a bad idea, and the only way I've really enjoyed the GamePad so far is in other games where I could use it for off-TV play.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

269. Posted:

This game has been took off my pre order list. Sorry but the reviews have scared me off.

I will use that money to buy Project X Zone instead.

Edited on by Nintendroid5000

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

270. Posted:

The reviews have been way overblown. IGN's sounds especially horrible. I understand why some people would've preferred that this was a proper WarioWare game, but this game is not in the WarioWare style and thus shouldn't be held back for not being it. All of the games besides Design that I've played were all fun in their own way, although some are better than others. Just because a game gets sevens or even sixes doesn't make it a bad game, just an average one, so you might get at least some enjoyment out of it.

As for me, I'm enjoying it quite a lot and it will keep me playing for quite a while just to collect all of the extra content alone. Most people I've read are enjoying it as well, and I've read that the game is even selling well. I would rather have the public like the game than the reviewers instead of the other way around.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Emaan

271. Posted:

@Dev
Right there with you.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

272. Posted:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

I will use that money to buy Project X Zone instead.

If anything, you should wait for reviews on THAT game, based on what I've heard from importers...

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

273. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

based on what I've heard from importers...

this means nothing to me

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

274. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

based on what I've heard from importers...

this means nothing to me

Looking at this site's review, I guess my fears were unfounded. :P
shrug
I just know some people with similar tastes as mine who imported the game and said it was way too repetitive; to the point of boredom.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

275. Posted:

when the main word that comes up in a review is "repetitive", I can't take it too seriously. Most games are repetitive.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

276. Posted:

@kkslider5552000
And they stay interesting as long as they're gratifying. Some games can have you do the same exact thing yet still seem fun. Others... not so much.
I'm not going to argue anything considering it's not my opinion, but the people who I talked to aren't snobby types or anything. They just didn't expect the game to ever be localized, imported it, and had some gripes which ruined it for them.
shrugs again
It doesn't mean a thing to me whether or not it's a good game. Before reviews started popping up I was just letting people know that people who had their own views on the game were kind of "ehh" about it. (The sentiment was echoed in when the game originally released too. :P )

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

277. Posted:

So guys, what's the final verdict - worth a purchase? Of course it is ultimately your opinion, but all reviews are. I'm just looking to get some feedback before tonight when I switch on my Wii U and download Luigi U and possibly this.

I'm not expecting an actual "game," if that helps. I've read lots about it and I actually haven't played any of the WarioWare games, so I won't have that perspective to kind of skew my assumptions of what this is. Basically, I have no expectations, good or bad lol so for a guy like me, do you think I'll have fun with it? Thanks!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

278. Posted:

@rallydefault: Read my past impressions on this thread to get more feedback. I'm a huge WarioWare fan, though, so that did help enhance my experience.

Do you like weirdness in your games? If so, then this is right up your alley. If you're truly neutral and you put in the effort to look at plenty of feedback and gameplay footage, then go ahead and give the game a try if you have the money.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Emaan

279. Posted:

@Dev
Question: What does it take to 'beat' the game and view the credits?

Just go through each mini-game once?

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

280. Posted:

@Emaan: Yes, I think that was how I got it.

I've gotten better at Gamer since getting over being intimidated by 9-Volt's mom, but I actually find this particular moment somewhat disturbing.
Untitled

Miiverse