Showing 241 to 260 of 331

AuthorMessage

Mizore

241. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Sorry to bump this, but it looks like reviews have been pretty negative so far:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wiiu/the-game-are-just-as-expected/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/game-wario

And Nintendo Life's own review said it was merely 'okay' instead of amazing itself:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/game_and_wario

And IGN just released their review...gave it a 5.1. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

swordx

242. Posted:

I saw this at Wallmart today (2 days early!), but no one was there to unlock the case, so I couldn't buy it! I was soooo mad!

swordx

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

243. Posted:

I honestly didn't want to be correct about it being Wii U's answer to Wii Play but...there you go.

I think the weird sense of humor and ideas make it way better than Wii Play by default though.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

DGGames

244. Posted:

I have been playing it for several days now. I love it.

The only complaint I have is that the game is releasing too late into the Wii U's life. It would have helped a lot at launch, since it is amazing at showcasing what the GamePad can do.

There is a ton of content, and is amazingly fun to play with friends for hours (specially if everyone is willing to take turns). It is a very Wario game even though it might feel Wario Ware at times, it definitely isn't and I can see why some people would think that's a bad thing.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

245. Posted:

Thought about getting it, but the reviews were scaring me....might just go with getting it physical, in case I get bored with it some time later.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

246. Posted:

Review sites: "Game not the best thing ever."

Gamer: Wow this game must be terrible.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

willobee

247. Posted:

I don't think everyone is saying it must be terrible, but why spend money on a decent game when there are many good and great games out or coming? No sense throwing money at something if the person doesn't think it will be worth it.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

248. Posted:

Well, my example up there is followed to a certain extent in some places...

I guess I have my mentality because I only let reviews affect my decisions if a game is a surprise hit or if there is something unpleasant the review reveals that I didn't know. Generally I form my own opinions based on what I know I like and the facts of the game.

I've seen too many times a game I've thought fantastic ignored by people because a reviewer didn't share my view. Reviews are there to assist people in finding a game they want; I dislike the idea that they are the driving factor behind someone buying a game, and that's why I posted my snark.

Of course the idea of it being thought of as average can lead people to turning their heads towards other games; but people outright dismissing a game based on it's score both happens and is depressing.
/rant

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

willobee

249. Posted:

In many cases reviews are a driving factor on buying a game or no because there are no other options. A lack of a demo, either on the Eshop or in stores, and the decline of renting games (though that is at the hands of the consumers), leaves few choices. It's basically down to watching YouTube videos and reading reviews. And in the case of why this game is receiving only average reviews, reviews are important.

While I certainly agree someone else's opinion shouldn't control your own, that opinion does have merit. Really only the people who were on the edge of buying or not will be swayed. Others either knew they wanted it, or knew they didn't. The extra details a review divulges don't affect everyone.

AuthorMessage

K964

250. Posted:

The IGN review kinda sounded like, "I like Warioware! This isn't Warioware! This sucks!" They got the number of minigames wrong, and complained about the number of multiplayer games when Smooth Moves has the same amount!

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

251. Posted:

I still really want this game :O

Usually if I've anticipated a game for a very long time I end up getting it anyways, regardless of the reviews.

Then again, I haven't bought a Wii U game since Christmas with New Super Mario Bros. U.
Maybe I'm just desperate for something new to play ;_;

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

willobee

252. Posted:

K964 wrote:

The IGN review kinda sounded like, "I like Warioware! This isn't Warioware! This sucks!" They got the number of minigames wrong, and complained about the number of multiplayer games when Smooth Moves has the same amount!

Yup, sounds like an IGN review.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

253. Posted:

I got the game today, and it's fun!

I've only gone up to Design, but the games I've played up to that point were all good. Arrow is simple, but still fun. Shutter is tricky and clever with its camera-like controls. Ski feels a lot like Captain Falcon's Twister Race from Nintendo Land, but is just as tricky as that game with its annoying-on-purpose camera. Thankfully, I've worked around the camera by mostly looking at the GamePad and only looking at the TV when I have a second or two to look. Patchwork is a nice puzzler that should keep me puzzled for a while. Kung Fu, which the NL review didn't like, actually felt unique to me with its top-down GamePad focus. It made for a nice change of perspective.

Gamer is definitely shaping up to be the best game so far. I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel tense the first time I played it, but after so long, I get used to it and should only fare better from now on. I understand why people would've liked a proper WarioWare game after playing 18-Volt's more relaxed microgame mode.

Design is the worst game so far. My measuring skills were already fuzzy enough, but the game is too simple to really do too much with it to the point that it feels like the tech demo that it was back in E3 2011.

Looking forward to playing more whenever my GamePad gets charged up again!

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

254. Posted:

willobee wrote:

I don't think everyone is saying it must be terrible, but why spend money on a decent game when there are many good and great games out or coming?

Normally I'd agree but since nothing else is coming out before Pikmin...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

255. Posted:

I've become addicted to the Miiverse Sketch game! I can't stop playing! :D
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

256. Posted:

Sadly, none of the Best Buy's near me have this in stock. :(

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

257. Posted:

I WAS going to get this game, but I decided against it. I was all set and ready if the review videos were good, but like @willobee said, I was one of the people on the fence. I think IGN was a little harsh, because there is still worthwhile stuff to do in the game, but I would rate it mediocre as a 6 from what I've seen.
I'm sure tons of people will buy it(and enjoy it) anyway, because it's Wario, $40, or their kids want it.
I plan on buying it when the price goes down if it does, but I'm saving my dollars for Pikmin, W101, etc. games I think are more worthwhile.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

258. Posted:

Funny; this game released on June 23, which is the 10th anniversary of Wario World, and that was the first Wario game I ever played. That must not be a coincidence.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Emaan

259. Posted:

I went ahead and bought it.

Should give me something to do until Pikmin 3 comes out :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

260. Posted:

Still undecided about this,but if the game is £29.99,I'll probably go for it.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker