Wii U Forum

Topic: franscises to be skipped on this console

Showing 1 to 20 of 38

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sonicfanatic

1. Posted:

I wanna know what you guys predict will be skipped on this console like how star fox F zero etc were skipped on the Wii I wanna know what you guys think will be skipped this time around and for what reasons while it's obvious that the big name titles such as Mario Pokemon and Zelda won't be skipped it's entirely possible some of the other's will here are 3 I think will be skipped

1 Metroid
I know this one sounds unlikely to be skipped due to the graphics on the system and the fact that the series would hugely benefit on it but keep this in mind Retro studios will most likely no longer develop any games for the metroid series and Metroid Other M was a failure which means that nintendo will most likely not repeat their mistake with that game so Metroid has no developer at the moment but rest assure if nintendo manages to find one you can almost bet you'll see a metroid game

2 Earthbound
Sad to say but this will be skipped once again it's almost obvious it will be Earthbound just doesn't get the love and respect it deserves

3 Wario land
I just can't really picture there being a 2d Wario land game released for an hd console now a 3d platformer like Wario World is a different story and you'll likely see a Warioware released sometime in the near future as well but I think that if nintendo chooses to make another Warioland game it will go back to it's roots as a handheld game

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

2. Posted:

Other M wasn't a failure...>_>
Anyways Metroid is happening, lol...would love to see how a full 2D Metroid would look on a system like this though. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

3. Posted:

sonicfanatic wrote:

1 Metroid
I know this one sounds unlikely to be skipped due to the graphics on the system and the fact that the series would hugely benefit on it but keep this in mind Retro studios will most likely no longer develop any games for the metroid series and Metroid Other M was a failure which means that nintendo will most likely not repeat their mistake with that game so Metroid has no developer at the moment but rest assure if nintendo manages to find one you can almost bet you'll see a metroid game

I agree, Metroid: Other M was a failure, which means we will definitely see a traditional Metroid game this generation. Have you forgotten that we haven't gotten a new sidescroller since Fusion? Other M was barely even a Metroid game, so the fact that it failed doesn't mean anything for the future, except that the next one will be traditional.

sonicfanatic wrote:

2 Earthbound
Sad to say but this will be skipped once again it's almost obvious it will be Earthbound just doesn't get the love and respect it deserves

We will never see another Mother game ever again, whether it's a re-release or a new game. The sooner people realize this the better. Nintendo couldn't do it even if they wanted to.

sonicfanatic wrote:

3 Wario land
I just can't really picture there being a 2d Wario land game released for an hd console now a 3d platformer like Wario World is a different story and you'll likely see a Warioware released sometime in the near future as well but I think that if nintendo chooses to make another Warioland game it will go back to it's roots as a handheld game

Wario Land isn't the most high-profile series. It could happen, especially if Nintendo doesn't have anything else to release at that time.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

4. Posted:

I would like to see Team Ninja make Another M. :P
Yeah, really, I loved Metroid: Other M, one of the best games ever. Honestly.
Never skip one of the Metroid games ever.

And for the love of all good things on Earth, release some Mother games for everyone. Us skipped again? Over and over and over and over? Nintendo, release some EarthBound, that's one you owe us!!

And Wario Land HD is almost a given, seeing how great the 2D artwork was in The Shake Dimension for Wii. But I don't need a sequel since the Wii version is nice enough and I haven't even fully completed that game (it's pretty difficult to get everything!) Wario World is indeed a different story as it doesn't feel much like a Wario game at all.

Personally, I'd hope they skip some really bad franchises and cheap glitchy ports or uncontrollable, ****ugly party games.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

5. Posted:

if you mean other m was a failure due to sales or so so then yeah i guess i could see why another one wont get made anytime soon but by no means does it really suck unless your looking at it from some point of view because i quite enjoyed the game for what it is

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Malkeor

6. Posted:

I didn't see Metroid Other M as a failure at all.

To be honest I don't want ANY of the franchises being missed this time around, and it would be AWESOME if we had one of every major franchise and more.
But yeah I mean if I had to make my predictions...maybe Earthbound. But I really hate making predictions because i'm willing to bet Nintendo will surprise us at some point in time.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

7. Posted:

@BlackFira & @SKTTR: I did enjoy Other M, but it wasn't a Metroid game. The combat system was incredibly broken, and the environments ruined the feeling of exploration. It actually has a lot in common with Ocarina of Time.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sonicfanatic

8. Posted:

well as much as I'd like for this to happen myself but I highly doubt this console will get an entry from every single nintendo series we never have before and I highly doubt it'll start now every console generation there's been at least 2 0r 3 franscises skipped for that generation exluding the nes as that was the console the majority of their series were born on and the snes is an exception as well but let me go through and show you all

the n64 did not get an entry for Metroid Earthbound and Wario land coincidentally these are the 3 I posted on this but anyways the gamecube came the closest to achieving having every game series on the gamecube but there were still a few it missed a Yoshi title wasn't made for it a non spinoff Donkey Kong game wasn't made a true Kirby wasn't made either though your opinion may vary on rather they count towards this or not and obviously Earthbound didn't make it here now the wii is the worse offender of this there are several franscises that weren't released to the wii Star fox F zero Pikmin Pilotwings Earthbound Yoshis island even Kid Lcarus didn't get to make it to the wii as many had expected I just think that the wii's successor will follow the wii's path and leave several franscises out

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

9. Posted:

@sonicfanatic:

  • Metroid wasn't on the N64 because the series was dead. It was originally supposed to be a trilogy, and after the death of Gunpei Yokoi, Nintendo decided to keep it that way for the time being.
  • EarthBound 64 was moved to the GBA because the development team was inexperienced with 3D games. Mother 3 was the last EarthBound game, and there was never any chance that the series would be on the GameCube, Wii, or any future console in the first place.
  • Yoshi's Island wasn't even a franchise until the DS game came out.
  • Kid Icarus was a dead franchise, too. Uprising is the first new game in the series in over 20 years.
  • There wasn't a Star Fox for Wii, but Sin and Punishment blows it out of the water IMO.
  • I'm not sure what you're talking about with Donkey Kong.
  • Kirby didn't get a platformer for the GameCube because it was moved to the Wii and shown yesterday at E3.
  • Pikmin was first released last generation. It's not on the Wii because it's on the Wii U.
  • I don't think anyone was expecting Pilotwings.
  • Wario Land hasn't been on any console except the Wii.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

10. Posted:

Rift wrote:

@BlackFira & @SKTTR: I did enjoy Other M, but it wasn't a Metroid game. The combat system was incredibly broken, and the environments ruined the feeling of exploration. It actually has a lot in common with Ocarina of Time.

No. It was a Metroid game. The combat was perfect. The environments were outstanding. Exploration was always exciting. This is just the sequel to Super Metroid that I waited for - since 1994. And Ocarina of Time is another one of the best games ever, so yeah, great Other M has so much in common with that one for you, but I don't see the link right now.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

11. Posted:

Other M does have flaws, like with controls sometimes...and those stupid pixel hunt things or whatever you call them. But I still enjoyed it, loved the haunting feel of the world too...will say this though...it could NEVER stand up to the Trilogy. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

12. Posted:

@SKTTR: This is the combat in Other M:

1. Rapidly tap the D-pad to dodge
2. While dodging, Samus's beam reaches full charge instantly
3. Spam the charge beam and keep dodging to avoid damage

Saying the environments were linear would be an understatement. The game always tells you where to go, and usually you don't even have to think to figure out how to get there.

OoT streamlined the combat for the Zelda series, but it also became too easy. Not to the extent of Other M, but enough that most bosses can be beaten in about 30 seconds when you know how to hurt them. Many can be taken down in two hits if you lock on and press the A button for the jump slash.

Ocarina of Time also happened to have the worst overworld of any game in the series. Hyrule Field is an empty plain that serves two purposes: to take up space, and to act as a central hub connecting every area in the game, just like in Super Mario 64. Those areas are mostly isolated from each other, too. There isn't much opportunity for exploration, and you can travel from one side to the other in about a minute.

I enjoyed both of these games, but they are the worst their respective franchises have to offer.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sonicfanatic

13. Posted:

Rift wrote:

@sonicfanatic:

  • Metroid wasn't on the N64 because the series was dead. It was originally supposed to be a trilogy, and after the death of Gunpei Yokoi, Nintendo decided to keep it that way for the time being.
  • EarthBound 64 was moved to the GBA because the development team was inexperienced with 3D games. Mother 3 was the last EarthBound game, and there was never any chance that the series would be on the GameCube, Wii, or any future console in the first place.
  • Yoshi's Island wasn't even a franchise until the DS game came out.
  • Kid Icarus was a dead franchise, too. Uprising is the first new game in the series in over 20 years.
  • There wasn't a Star Fox for Wii, but Sin and Punishment blows it out of the water IMO.
  • I'm not sure what you're talking about with Donkey Kong.
  • Kirby didn't get a platformer for the GameCube because it was moved to the Wii and shown yesterday at E3.
  • Pikmin was first released last generation. It's not on the Wii because it's on the Wii U.
  • I don't think anyone was expecting Pilotwings.
  • Wario Land hasn't been on any console except the Wii.

You got me on the majority of them but there are a few key points you are missing out on and I will also explain my statements in more detail

1 That is most likely the case but that doesn;t explain why they changed their mind when the gamecube game out
2 That statement sounds unfair towards the fans of the series the series has plenty of potentional
3 You wrong with that statement the Yoshi series had a couple games before the ds came Yoshi's story and that gameboy advance game
4 What I mean is that everyone thought that the series would be revived on wii and everyone was hyped up about it in 2008 and it didn't come out
5 Star Fox is one of nintendos more successful franscises it's far more well known then sin and punishment could ever hope to be and the wii remote sounded exactly fitting for it
6 What I mean is that all the Donkey Kong games for the gamecube were spinoffs the donkey konga games aren't real main series Donkey Kong games and granted some people may count Jungle beat as a main installment but personally I dont
7 Exactly the gamecube is to date the only console in Nintendo's library to get a main series installment and that is because it got moved over to the wii only to be released as one of the final wii games
8 true it did launch on Gamecube but why would that stop it from making an appearence on the wii similar to Kirby for the gamecube the pikmin fans waiting for a original Pikmin game for wii got screwed over
9 actually I'm pretty sure plenty of people were expecting to see it though I'm wrong about this Pilotwings was confirmed to be coming to wii today
10 your right about that but let me rephrase that I meant any platformer Wario game and as I recall Wario World was released for the gamecube

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

14. Posted:

@sonicfanatic:
1. Miyamoto suggested that Retro Studios revive the series. Another reason is that they felt like an N64 game wouldn't do the series justice in 3D.

2. Not after Mother 3's ending. Potential has nothing to do with it, anyway. Nintendo couldn't release an EarthBound game even if they wanted to.

3. "Yoshi" alone isn't really a franchise. Yoshi's Island DS was a sequel to the SNES game.

4. That was all speculation. Like I said, it had been more than two decades, and if it didn't happen before, why should anyone have thought it would happen then?

5. That's only because the original was only released in Japan. The VC import version was so successful in the west that they decided to make a sequel. The Wii remote makes more sense in Sin and Punishment, anyway.

6. Jungle Beat is a sidescrolling platformer. I don't see how that's a spinoff.

7. I'm glad we got Air Ride instead. It added something new to the series, and it's still one of my favorite Kirby games.

8. How did they get screwed over? Nintendo never said Pikmin 3 would be a Wii game, and even if they rushed it, a Wii release would be at the end of the consoles life.

9. It just seems random. I mean, why Pilotwings?

10. Okay, but Wario World isn't a franchise either.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sonicfanatic

15. Posted:

nintendo had been staying that Pikmin 3 would be for the wii since 2008 and last year they even said that the game was in development for the wii and Donkey Kong Jungle beat is a spinoff cause it is nothing like the main donkey kong games the gameplay is different the only thing they have in common is that their are sidescrollers and Donkey Kong is more violent and aggressive and the game draws little to no influence from the main series games heck none of the characters except Donkey Kong even appear and what I meant is that every Yoshi game forms the Yoshi series and same goes with the wario platforming games and well why not pilotwings it seems like it'd be in quite well with the wii regardless of how popular sin and punishment is in japan it's popularity was still no where near as much as star fox is it may be now since star fox is basically dead but trust me when the 3ds star fox game comes out star fox will become popular once again and well you have a point about Kid Lcarus but the chances of it were greater cause ssbb featured Pit and well I'll give ya props about Earthbound I read about the ending of the game and it seems unlikely now

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

16. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Other M wasn't a failure...>_>

unfortunately (...or fortunately depending on your opinion), it was a critical failure compared to basically any Metroid other than maybe the DS games despite the huge amount of hype and was also a commercial failure compared to other Metroids, so yeah. A failure for this thread's examples as that lessens the possibility of a new Metroid on the console (I doubt we won't see one personally).

also, there isn't going to be an official Mother 4. And there shouldn't be, nothing could top Mother 3. Itoi himself said the fans should make the game if they want it. (which they are btw)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fawkes

17. Posted:

An Other M-style Metroid could work perfectly on the WiiU. Using the tablet for a first person view, and the screen for a 2D view.

Fawkes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

18. Posted:

About Yoshi...

Yoshi
Yoshi Cookie
Tetris Attack
Yoshi Safari...

Yoshi was a Franchise before Yoshi's Island.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

19. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

About Yoshi...

Yoshi
Yoshi Cookie
Tetris Attack
Yoshi Safari...

Yoshi was a Franchise before Yoshi's Island.

It depends on what you think qualifies as a franchise. None of those share gameplay elements with Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's Story, and most of them barely have anything in common with each other. If you're going to group all of them in one series, then labeling a game like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat as a spinoff doesn't make sense.

@sonicfanatic: Actually, no. Miyamoto said that, not Nintendo. Last year, he said nothing about the Wii, just that it was still in development. No one got "screwed over", and there are plenty of other Wii games for anyone who was waiting for Pikmin 3.

As I said before, if you think Jungle Beat is a spinoff, then none of the Yoshi games before Yoshi's Island were part of the main series, either.

I don't understand what your point is with Wario games. They've been skipped on nearly every console.

Why not Pilotwings? Because there are probably at least 100 other games they could have made instead. It came out of nowhere.

Who said anything about Sin and Punishment being popular in Japan? The reason there was a sequel is that it became popular here. Star Fox 64 is already on the VC for $10. It's going to sell well on the 3DS for the same reason OoT 3D will.

Pit's appearance in SSBB didn't mean anything until Uprising was revealed. We didn't get a new Ice Climbers game after Melee, did we?

Mother 3's ending is only one small part of the reason. Nintendo can't do it. Even putting EarthBound on VC would be suicidal for them.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

20. Posted:

Sonic. Anything that even relates to him.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >