Forums

Topic: Franchise Anniversaries in 2016

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Grumblevolcano

Given that tomorrow is the start of 2016, I figured I'd open a discussion about the big anniversaries and what you think the creators will do to celebrate them. Here are the big ones I can think of that is related to Nintendo in some way:
Pokemon (20th)
Sonic (25th)
Legend of Zelda (30th)
Metroid (30th)
Donkey Kong (35th)
Pikmin (15th)
Dragon Quest (30th)
Castlevania (30th)

Feel free to add any I missed.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spin

That's a lot of franchises. Funny though the only confirmed thing we are getting is Zelda.

Should note that Super Mario RPG would be 20 years old next year I think. And the NSMB series will be 10 years old.

Edited on by Spin

Spin

Nintendo Network ID: Spindash712 | Twitter:

JohnBlackstar

Just out of curiosity are those all the anniversaries based on Japan release dates, another country, or a mixture of both?

Edited on by JohnBlackstar

JohnBlackstar

JLPick

@Pahvi: Resident Evil is getting an Origins Collection on PS4 and XONE, but I don't think it's coming out on Wii U...besides remaking all of the old ones (like they don't every generation), that's probably it for Resident Evil's anniversary.

Hopefully nintendo is going to do something with the anniversaries this time. When they announced Luigi's, I was hoping for more than just New Super Luigi U, Dr. Luigi U, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Mario And Luigi Dream Team...but I guess I was wrong. I can see the Pikmin 1 and 2 game being released on the Virtual Console (The Wii versions), but that's about it...would be nice if they made them together in an HD retail collection. As for Sonic, I could see a big collection coming since they removed the Genesis versions from every console.

JLPick

Grumblevolcano

@JohnBlackstar: Japan but there's some overlaps like Donkey Kong came out in 1981 for both Japan and NA.

@Tsurii Yeah, forgot about DQ. As for DK, I've got a feeling Retro's new game is a successor to Tropical Freeze.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Wasn't Super Mario Bros 86?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy: 85, that's why Super Mario Maker was released September 11th 2015 instead of some random date.

Grumblevolcano

the_shpydar

I don't get why people get hung up on game release "anniversaries". Seems so ridiculous to me.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LaserdiscGal

I don't think Castlevania is 5 years older than Zelda.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Haru17

Maybe we'll see a real Metroid announcement, Castlevania we will assuredly not.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

UckerzBadderz

the_shpydar wrote:

I don't get why people get hung up on game release "anniversaries". Seems so ridiculous to me.

Xavier (UckerzBadderz)

Nintendo Network ID: UckerzBadderz

Bolt_Strike

Pokemon and Sonic are already confirmed to be doing something. Zelda I don't think has, but Twilight Princess HD and Zelda U is good enough anyway. I don't think anyone else is really going to celebrate.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

NintyMan wrote:

Regardless who makes the next DK game, King K. Rool and the Kremlings should return, because the Smash Fighter Ballot was proof that people still care about them and it would guarantee some sales.

Actual proof or random comments on the internet proof?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bluemage1989

I can see Donkey Kong and Samus both getting the 8 bit amiibo treatment. Function the same as regular Donkey Kong and Samus but a nice little collectible. Zelda has the wolf link amiibo but he could still get an 8 bit model as well.

bluemage1989

_Octoling_

I really want to see something Kid Icarus and/or Metroid related, but I doubt it'll happen. Pikmin will likely get a game announcement at the least, Zelda will get something. Maybe DK will get something, but that's about all that I can think of.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

IceClimbers

Pokemon, Sonic, and Zelda will definitely have stuff going on. Gotta capitalize on that nostalgia, especially with Pokemon.

Slight foolish hope in me that they'll bring Mother 3 to the west to celebrate it's 10th anniversary.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Socar

This would be Fire Emblem's 25th anniversary....or is it 26th?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.