Wii U Forum

Topic: Found this interesting comment from Reggie on potential Wii U pricing...

Showing 21 to 40 of 40

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

21. Posted:

Okay. There's Nintendo. And Super Nintendo.

Are you telling me people these days are real dumb? :P

Not going to lie, there's been a lot of them lately.

I can understand the confusion.. Well, kinda. But if people just think "So, WiiU.. It's basically a Wii.. With a giant tablet."

I don't understand how WiiU from Wii is not some type of sequence. There was the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo Gamecube. Then, there's the Nintendo Wii and now WiiU. How the hell do people not see a sequence?

It's not like Nintendo releases different iterations of the same hardware like they do with their handhelds (besides maybe the Super Nintendo "slim" and the new Wii model).

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

22. Posted:

Nintendo should focus on making people understand that the Wii U is NOT a Wii. I asked a guy if he had a 3DS yesterday, and he said yes. It turns out he was taking about the DS Lite.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

23. Posted:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

24. Posted:

whatever it is it will be day one purchase for me along with

Aliens Colonial *however its spelled * marines
wiiu sports im guessing its going to be packaged
Super Mario bros mii a launch title i think?

and any other nintendo game like mario as a broad example if not then just those 3

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

25. Posted:

I guess its the style/looks of the system that throws people off....I mean, the U's controller is kinda Wii-ish. The logo could confuse people as well, since it's just a Wii with a U at the end, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

26. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

I remember either Reggie or Iwata saying during E3 that it won't be the same price as the Wii....so, yeah. Think it was on an IGN interview or something.

Maybe Reggie was acting dumb and really meant the Wii U "won't be the same price as the Wii is currently ($150)."

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

27. Posted:

I couldn't see the Wii U being less than $250.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

28. Posted:

....Yeah, what Joe said...and I'm pretty sure it was $250 back at last E3. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

29. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

30. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

The video game industry survived just fine without these "casual" gamers. The Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc. never had a large casual market; they catered towards gamers.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

31. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

The video game industry survived just fine without these "casual" gamers. The Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc. never had a large casual market; they catered towards gamers.

The Video game inustry is biger than those consoles were. and the "Casual" market bought systems but they were usually only for sports games and stuff like Kingdom hearts .

If nintendo can't properly market it as a new system than somethings wrong.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

32. Posted:

It will be priced at $399, then 6 months later Ninty will drop the price to $299 and give early adpoters 10 free GameCube games. :D

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

33. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

The video game industry survived just fine without these "casual" gamers. The Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc. never had a large casual market; they catered towards gamers.

The Video game inustry is biger than those consoles were. and the "Casual" market bought systems but they were usually only for sports games and stuff like Kingdom hearts .

If nintendo can't properly market it as a new system than somethings wrong.

I think once people see the graphics of the Wii U they will know it's a new system. Just like people could tell the difference between the NES and Super NES, and the difference between the PS1 and PS2, and the difference between the Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn, etc.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

34. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

The video game industry survived just fine without these "casual" gamers. The Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc. never had a large casual market; they catered towards gamers.

i think we needn't have to worry about casual gamers not getting the wii U just, because the types of games on it won't be the same as the wii. as long as the games are priced at a region that is affordable for most people, and they are of a high quality, that's all that matters. so far, the wii U, if this true, will have ninja gaiden, final fantasy, tekken and darksiders to name.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

35. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

The video game industry survived just fine without these "casual" gamers. The Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc. never had a large casual market; they catered towards gamers.

All of those systems had a huge casual crowd, especially the PS2. Remember the huge amount of people that didn't care for gaming but bought a PS2 because it had a DVD player?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

36. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

So, had you asked him "You have an iPhone4S", he said "Yes." and it turns out he had just an iPhone4.. Does it really matter? :/

Yes it does. A lot of casuals might not buy the Wii U because they would think that it's just a Wii.

The video game industry survived just fine without these "casual" gamers. The Super NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, etc. never had a large casual market; they catered towards gamers.

The Video game inustry is biger than those consoles were. and the "Casual" market bought systems but they were usually only for sports games and stuff like Kingdom hearts .

If nintendo can't properly market it as a new system than somethings wrong.

I think once people see the graphics of the Wii U they will know it's a new system. Just like people could tell the difference between the NES and Super NES, and the difference between the PS1 and PS2, and the difference between the Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn, etc.

A lot of people thought that the Wii U was a Wii add-on, and most non-gamers I met can't seem to tell the difference between the 3DS and the DS besides "it's in 3D."

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

37. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I think once people see the graphics of the Wii U they will know it's a new system. Just like people could tell the difference between the NES and Super NES, and the difference between the PS1 and PS2, and the difference between the Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn, etc.

A lot of people thought that the Wii U was a Wii add-on, and most non-gamers I met can't seem to tell the difference between the 3DS and the DS besides "it's in 3D."

People can't be that blind... If you can tell the difference between PS3 graphics and Wii/PS2 graphics, then you can tell the difference between a 3DS and regular DS. It will be the same situation with the Wii U.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

stromboli

38. Posted:

Wii U will cost $300. They launched the Wii at $250, so they wouldn't launch the Wii U by too much more (they don't want another price drop like the 3DS, and $130 difference between the Wii U and 3DS will be huge as it is), and $350 will not be competitive enough to the other consoles which will be priced at perhaps even $200 by that point. $300 it is.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

39. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I think once people see the graphics of the Wii U they will know it's a new system. Just like people could tell the difference between the NES and Super NES, and the difference between the PS1 and PS2, and the difference between the Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn, etc.

A lot of people thought that the Wii U was a Wii add-on, and most non-gamers I met can't seem to tell the difference between the 3DS and the DS besides "it's in 3D."

People can't be that blind... If you can tell the difference between PS3 graphics and Wii/PS2 graphics, then you can tell the difference between a 3DS and regular DS. It will be the same situation with the Wii U.

A lot of people are stupid.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

40. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I think once people see the graphics of the Wii U they will know it's a new system. Just like people could tell the difference between the NES and Super NES, and the difference between the PS1 and PS2, and the difference between the Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn, etc.

A lot of people thought that the Wii U was a Wii add-on, and most non-gamers I met can't seem to tell the difference between the 3DS and the DS besides "it's in 3D."

People can't be that blind... If you can tell the difference between PS3 graphics and Wii/PS2 graphics, then you can tell the difference between a 3DS and regular DS. It will be the same situation with the Wii U.

A lot of people are stupid.

or just don't care enough to notice.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70