Forums

Topic: Feeling sad about Wii U, but also loving it very much

Posts 141 to 160 of 164

RenderSpotlight

@Cobalt Wow, I guess prices really do depend on the region. I looked up a few of those games before I posted and the prices I saw were way cheaper.
For example one I looked up was Bayonetta 2, the one with both games and I thought for sure it was going to be high, historically about $80 to $100 if my memory serves me right, but I looked on Ebay and it looks like the game is selling for $30 or less and even NBA 2k13 was historically higher than I would expect, but now it is selling for much less. Even Devils Third, a game that did not get much of a release, is selling for less than $80. I thought that would be going for more than that. I think Devils Third is a pretty good bet on something that will have value. I do not own it, but with the history behind it and the limited release, I think that one is pretty safe bet.

But Honestly, it is so hard to say what is going to happen. I think there will always be a group of people who will want a product and if you are lucky enough to have it and they cannot get it, then they will pay. But today people have an eye for collecting like never before. Trying to guess might be very difficult. One way is just to keep everything and hope for the best. I mean it might not even be you that will benefit from what you have now. Somewhere around the Genesis (Mega Drive), I starting to realize I wanted to play some of the games I sold years ago from the NES. And if I would have held onto many of what I owned they might be worth some money now. So at one point I decided to start holding onto a lot of my video game stuff. At the time my rational was to pass it onto a child if they appreciated video games. And my son would have absolutely wanted my retro stuff. I will give it to my daughter if she wants, but I do not think she cares as much as he would have. So I was not collecting per se with an eye for resale, but to show what life was like when I was young. And either he faked enjoying the classic games or he really did like them. He would play them a lot. And he even would show his friends when they came over. Most of them had no idea what to do with the old stuff. They were not sure if it was okay to touch it or not I told them it was just fine

RenderSpotlight

RenderSpotlight

@Cobalt I see! Yeah, big difference.
I have always been torn on getting special editions. because it is just more, sometimes very large, stuff sitting around my house that I need to keep track of and worry about being damaged or stolen. I think when I was younger, I might have wanted more special editions, but after moving an entire household across country more than 5 times, I am slowing learning less is more
And to be totally honest, my son taught me that at some point everything, and I mean everything, will be forcefully taken away from me anyway. He did not have much, but what he had, he could not take with him.

I do not remember NA getting that, but that was a while ago and my memory might be failing me.

RenderSpotlight

Cobalt

@Hikingguy

I totally understand your point but I'm the type of gamer who play and make a collection at the same time.
So, Wii U collectors boxset are a joy for me, great games to play and beautiful objects for my collection.

@SuperLuigi111

Yeah, it's a wonderful collector, 15 300 units for the entire world because it was exclusive to Europe. US and Japan never got it, such a shame... :/

Cobalt

SuperLuigi111

@Cobalt

I think that there shouldn't be country exclusives, everyone should have access to all versions of a game.

SuperLuigi111

gcunit

Cobalt wrote:

A great example to understand how the bashing was insane, look at this :
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Wii U : https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/donkey-kong-country-tropical...

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze SWITCH : https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/donkey-kong-country-tropical...

This is just crazy...

That kind of treatment seemed so blatant, but it just seemed to be happening everywhere, it really angered me.

Though funnily enough, I'm inclined to side more with that Wii U review of DKCTF.

On a tangent, at school once we had to write an essay under exam conditions, and the class performance was so poor that they made us have a second run at the same essay the next week. I sat there and copied word-for-word my first essay (which had looked quite meagre written on narrow-lined paper), deliberately using larger handwriting and on broader lined paper to make it look a lot longer. My mark for the second version was 18% higher than the first...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Darknyht

@gcunit We cannot talk about the bias in gaming journalism because a bunch of idiots hijacked the conversation and turned into an excuse to attack people. However, the bias has been there since the N64 era and the media campaigns from Sony and Microsoft. There is a difference between a legitimate criticism (Lego City Undercover's inexplicable load times) and looking for flaws (Lego City Undercover didn't feel like what I believe a Lego game should feel like).

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

SuperLuigi111

Darknyht wrote:

@gcunit We cannot talk about the bias in gaming journalism because a bunch of idiots hijacked the conversation and turned into an excuse to attack people. However, the bias has been there since the N64 era and the media campaigns from Sony and Microsoft. There is a difference between a legitimate criticism (Lego City Undercover's inexplicable load times) and looking for flaws (Lego City Undercover didn't feel like what I believe a Lego game should feel like).

That's fair, I agree.

SuperLuigi111

kkslider5552000

I'm on game 1/4 for properly finishing up the Wii U. I'm so mad SE screwed Nintendo fans with Human Revolution (making the game cost more on Wii U compared to the same updated version on other platforms, because reasons), customers and the devs who improved this game deserved better. I actually gave money for a used copy specifically because I gave up on SE ever lowering the price. So of course they did just that, not long afterwards.

But it's an awesome game. One of those sci-fi settings and stories where the actual characters and story aren't amazing but the ideas the game focuses on are so good that they make up for it. Probably one of my favorites action meets stealth games as well. Just wish focusing on stealth didn't lead to constant basically necessary reloads.

After this I have TMS, I wanna get Rainbow Curse since I buy every Kirby game and I loved Canvas Curse, and Shovel Knight still has their last big campaign.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Cobalt

@kkslider5552000 Dunno if you tried already but Splinter Cell Blacklist is really good too on the Wii U !

Cobalt

gcunit

I think I might have found some evidence demonstrating why the Wii U had trouble gaining traction in the market:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eba...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bluemage1989

My WiiU is still set up under the tv and still racks up a decent amount of hours every month.

I've only recently finished with Mario Party 10 (after an obscene amount of hours over the years) due to Super Mario Party being released,

I still have Ninja Gaiden 3, Pikmin 3, Devils Third and The Lego Movie to start or finish. Still enjoy making fun levels on Mario Maker.

Backwards computability with Wii means I tend to play them on here rather than setting the Wii back up. Skyward Sword is my next adventure.

The Virtual Console library is full of awesome retro first party offerings that will keep me going for some time.

bluemage1989

kkslider5552000

Hilariously, I think I've played the Wii U more this year than the prior two, just because the games I've been playing have done a better job of keeping me invested (though there were other reasons unrelated to the quality of anything). It's a shame SE screwed over this version of Human Revolution, it's borderline a masterpiece.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Cobalt

Just watching this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKG6KXK4IY

God how far superior the Wii U was compare to the Switch... Really sad to see how great the system is and how influential players were... :/

I'm sure in some years, people are gonna talk really positive about the Wii U, a kind of Dreamcast from Nintendo...

Cobalt

Moroboshi876

@Cobalt I'm sure too. In fact, I started to see it just after the Switch came out. But unfortunately many of its greater games have been ported to the Switch, thus making the Wii U less necessary to own. I for one keep it in my living room with the intention to play, although I don't have much time and admit I almost always end up playing with one of my Xboxes -Switch is for portable play for me-, but I still want to play the games I have on Wii U and after selling Rayman Legends and buying it again for Switch I haven't done it with any of the later ports. I prefer to play them on my beloved Wii U when I have the time.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

GeoChrome

@Moroboshi876 Just a heads up: Cobalt was banned at some point this month. Just don’t be surprised if he doesn’t respond anytime soon.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Moroboshi876

@GyroZeppeli Oh... You don't say... But why? It's not the first time someone with which I use to interact gets banned, and they don't seem to do anything wrong.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

GeoChrome

@Moroboshi876 I am a bit perplexed by it, as well. He could be disagreeable at points, but there has been much worse. If I remember correctly, @Delibheel said it had to do with spam or insulting comments.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.