Wii U Forum

Topic: EA doesn't count Nintendo as next gen

Showing 81 to 100 of 194

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

81. Posted:

@Waveboy
I agree. I liked the good graphics from those games, too, but I would try and buy Wii games to see how they would use the controller. I prefer the motion control schemes over regular controllers anyday. The better thing about Wii too, was that that was the standard controller for that console, so every game HAD to use it. Even if they didn't map motion controls to the games, they could use the Wii remote as a regular controller, too, instead of forcing you to buy a motion controller besides your regular ones. I have to have at least 3 Wii remotes complete with a nunchuck on the ready for my bro, cousin, and I to be able to play Mario Kart, DKC Returns(2 player, but still), New Super Mario Bros., Nintendo Land, etc. My bro and cousin won't play PS3 or Xbox 360 with me, because the games don't suit how they want to play with motion control, even with Kinect or Move. I'd rather have 4 complete sets of Wii remotes, than 2 complete sets of 4 sets of Move controllers, plus PS Eye, and regular controllers, or Kinect that requires a 20x20 amount of space I don't have, and no games to play on either one of those consoles. Sony and Microsoft pretty much literally called Nintendo's control scheme a gimmick, then actually turned it into a gimmick from their standpoint themselves.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cubits

82. Posted:

Very strangely, EA's sports titles on the Wii were actually some of the best examples of motion control NOT being a gimmick. The tiger woods games, grand slam tennis, they actually used motion controls to provide gameplay that is both deeper and more intutive than is possible with any other control scheme.

The possibility for a tiger woods game for the WiiU which lets you use a wiimote to swing a club and have the gamepad on the floor as a "view" of the ball is just too ridiculously cool. The gamepad already has a sensor bar on it which would perfectly synchronise the club and ball, the game basically makes itself!

Cubits

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

83. Posted:

I don't count EA a good developer company, so does it really matter?

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

84. Posted:

...I get the feeling EA just made a graphics whore comment.
...That said I don't care...stopped caring for EA.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

85. Posted:

@SCAR392

Don't froget that Move and Kinect based games were both limmited to 30 frames per second, where Wii motion control compatible games go up to 60fps. I wish 60fps would be the standard for all future next gen games, but some companies would rather sacrifice frame rate for more detailed visuals. Also, remember the whole six axis 'rumble-less' feud during the beginning of the PS3 launch? I rememeber sony saying "Rumble was so last gen"...what a complete load of sh**.

BTW, this is totaly off topic, but didn't you mention you were getting a 3D HDTV Convertor? I was checking them out online for my None-3D 60" Panasonic Plasma and I've heard most of them do a pretty shotty job with color and the like. If a wii game runs in 720p, do you get 720p in both eyes on a pair of Shutter glasses? or is there a knock down in resolution and frame rate? If that's the case, that would be another annoying sacriface you'd have to make. :p I mean I'm all for 3D. realistic depth perception makes gaming experiences even more realistic and engrossing on the 3DS, but if there's any sort of downgrade in framerate or resolution i wouldn't be jumping up and down for it. I just want to see it done properly without losing any sort of picture quality on the big screen. Cross talk is another issue depending. It's no wonder why Nintendo hasn't made 3D a main component for the Wii U if these problems still exsist.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

86. Posted:

@Shrapmo - Something I have learned throughout my life is that insulting or talking down to someone when you are trying to make a point is one of the best ways to make that person lose interest in what you are saying. I've had people give excellent points that I have agreed with, but they presented them in an obnoxious way that made me lose respect for what they were saying. Foul language doesn't make any argument more valid or convincing. If you want someone to listen to what you are saying, do it in a thoughtful and respectful manner. :)

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

87. Posted:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@Shrapmo - Something I have learned throughout my life is that insulting or talking down to someone when you are trying to make a point is one of the best ways to make that person lose interest in what you are saying. I've had people give excellent points that I have agreed with, but they presented them in an obnoxious way that made me lose respect for what they were saying. Foul language doesn't make any argument more valid or convincing. If you want someone to listen and respect what you are saying, do it in a thoughtful and respectful manner. :)

Untitled

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gekslupis

88. Posted:

According to the wall street journal I borrowed from my friend this morning EA is failing to make enough profit and is getting close to going bankrupt. They really should think of their overall situation before they state things like this.

Good day
<link href=http://backloggery.com/epicgamer9623>Backloggery</link>

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

89. Posted:

@Waveboy
Yes. I understand the limits of applying Kinect, and I recall Sony's hypocritical statement, too.
As for the 3D converter... I'm not sure which ones you were looking at, but I saw a pretty good one for $99 on Amazon, that converts 3D content to ge played real-time on non-3D displays. Alot of the complaints were about color loss and such, but that was in existence anyways. People expected alot more from 3D in the first place, so it's no surprise that there's some complaints on an entirely different box altogether. It can convert 2D to 3D, too, which is literally what the Jak & Dexter HD Collection did, and I know because I saw it myself, so it's worth looking into IMO. The one I saw was from ipp. Just search ipp 3d converter, and it'll show up. I think it uses passive glasses, but I don't remember... I'll take another look, but you should check it out.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

90. Posted:

@Waveboy
Also, it knocks the framerate down by half for each eye, which is standard anyways. I heard that some 3D displays have this same technology in them, too, at least for higher end 3D displays. If Wii U games start having 3D options in games, I might have to buy one to keep my setup up date. $100+tax+shipping beats $200 for it built in if you ask me. I thought the same thing when seeing compatibility between the 3DS and Wii U, too. The platforms aren't well matched enough to make the combining of them that seemless in content.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shrapmo

91. Posted:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@Shrapmo - Something I have learned throughout my life is that insulting or talking down to someone when you are trying to make a point is one of the best ways to make that person lose interest in what you are saying. I've had people give excellent points that I have agreed with, but they presented them in an obnoxious way that made me lose respect for what they were saying. Foul language doesn't make any argument more valid or convincing. If you want someone to listen to what you are saying, do it in a thoughtful and respectful manner. :)

Your point is very valid and I respect that. This is also the reason I got kicked off the debate team in high school. It's just the whole assuming attitude that the thread started with, he assumed we would go off our rocker and that is a terrible way to start an argument, although I can't say I'm much better. I will try to control myself in the future.

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

92. Posted:

@Shrapmo - I completely understand. :)

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

93. Posted:

If EA wants to mostly sever themselves from an already 3.06 million-strong userbase established in the span of a month and a half, then let them. If they can afford to simply write off millions and millions of core gamers, then let them. If they wish to polarize their fanbase even further, then let them.

On another level and looking at this as a public relations issue, whoever gave that statement from EA should be immediately fired. If I held a high-level position in such a large company, I would want to know who in the world authorized that thing to hit the net. Most companies are careful with their wording, and will simply issue statements akin to "having no plans to develop for the platform at this time." EA already has a bad enough image amongst many gamers, and now you let some desk jockey in your company issue a passive agressive statement questioning the Wii U's status as "next gen," which has quite obviously been the hot topic of the internets over the past couple months. It's like tossing gasoline on the fire, and even in Nintendo forums you have people like Bankai who immediately take the flame bait, post it up along with his or her own passive aggressive statements, and then watch it burn. I mean, seriously. Come on. The first time I read the thing I briefly questioned its authenticity, because it actually seemed too idiotic for EA to take such a back-handed, wet-noodle slap at a console that is performing quite well in a weak global economy in only 6-7 weeks' time. Has nobody else looked at it this way? We all just accept that EA is that moronic?

As Bankai said in one of his posts, at least Nintendo fans follow through with their misgivings and have tended to not support EA games that much in the past. Something like this cements that feeling for me even moreso.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

94. Posted:

Shrapmo wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@Shrapmo - Something I have learned throughout my life is that insulting or talking down to someone when you are trying to make a point is one of the best ways to make that person lose interest in what you are saying. I've had people give excellent points that I have agreed with, but they presented them in an obnoxious way that made me lose respect for what they were saying. Foul language doesn't make any argument more valid or convincing. If you want someone to listen to what you are saying, do it in a thoughtful and respectful manner. :)

Your point is very valid and I respect that. This is also the reason I got kicked off the debate team in high school. It's just the whole assuming attitude that the thread started with, he assumed we would go off our rocker and that is a terrible way to start an argument, although I can't say I'm much better. I will try to control myself in the future.

I assumed that people would go on about how EA is crap, EA doesn't know what it's talking about, etc etc.

I ended up having a debate with people about how EA is not crap and how EA knows what it is doing.

So....

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

95. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm glad WaltzElf continues to show how much better he is than the rest of gaming journalism by spending his time with obvious flamebait threads.

ZZZZZZZZZ

L. O. L!

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

96. Posted:

This thread fails to capture any fragment of my attention. TO THE YOUFOE THREAD!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

97. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm glad WaltzElf continues to show how much better he is than the rest of gaming journalism by spending his time with obvious flamebait threads.

ZZZZZZZZZ

L. O. L!

not a League of Legends fan, no

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

98. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm glad WaltzElf continues to show how much better he is than the rest of gaming journalism by spending his time with obvious flamebait threads.

ZZZZZZZZZ

L. O. L!

not a League of Legends fan, no

I retract my statement then u___u merely complimenting your comment, but now you reveal yourself to be a noob too u___n

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

99. Posted:

As some people have tried to say, I don't think EA is making any kind of slight against the Wii U here. It's probably just not capable of running the games they're going to be making for the Sony and Microsoft consoles, so they'll have to make games that specifically for it. That's a good thing?

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Icarus423

100. Posted:

I find it interesting how everyone has a different understanding of "next generation." My mind always instantly went to "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Now that was titled that not because it had "better graphics," "more processing power," or "the ability to take a dump and play mario at the same time." It was titled that because it simply was the generation after the one that came before it. Think of it this way, you are a different generation from your father. But wait you don't have wings, x-ray vision, or accelerated regeneration to make you clearly better than your father, so therefore you aren't part of the next generation.(DISCLAIMER: You might have these super powers, in that case just pay attention to the Star Trek analogy) That's not true, or else there would be very few generational gaps. Of course all this is void if there is some different definition of "generation" when it comes to video games.

Icarus423