Forums

Topic: EA doesn't count Nintendo as next gen

Posts 141 to 160 of 188

AbeVigoda

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86
Nobody has been buying a console based on brand since Playstation One has come out if you haven't noticed. Brand isn't even an argument. I never see these so called fanboys anyone mentions, EVER. I'm guessing you love sports because of your avatar? I don't like sports unless I'm playing them, so I'm a fanboy. Haha.

Nobody buys a system based on a brand?! Then why is this website not called 'videogamelife.com'?? Obviously it's a site dedicated to reporting news about a BRAND. Go to any other video game forum/YouTube comment section and try to tell me with a straight face that nobody cares about what company makes their system!

If you haven't seen a Nintendo fanboy before, I suggest you scroll up a few posts and you can spot quite a few...

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86
Nobody has been buying a console based on brand since Playstation One has come out if you haven't noticed. Brand isn't even an argument. I never see these so called fanboys anyone mentions, EVER. I'm guessing you love sports because of your avatar? I don't like sports unless I'm playing them, so I'm a fanboy. Haha.

What planet you living on? I see plenty of people all over the net with brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is stupid but it is alive and well.

Well, whatever the case, you automatically branded me as a fanboy which was incorrect. I used to play Halo, Gears, Banjo, Geometry Wars, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, Bayonetta, Dead Rising, etc, which were on not Nintendo platforms. I liked those games. I bought exclusives for each console, and got multplatform games on PS3 for free internet and extras like for Mortal Kombat(Kratos).

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AbeVigoda

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

People just need to wait and see what these other consoles can do before saying the Wii U will be left in the dust. The other systems will undoubtedly be somewhat more powerful, but that doesn't mean the difference will be like Wii vs. and HD console.
The rumored specs for the Durango show that it's about 5x more powerful than the current Xbox, not the 10x Microsoft is claiming.

Did Microsoft claim 10x? Because from what I have seen Microsoft has been tight lipped about it and has said anything officially.

Just please stop the trashing of other consoles because they don't say Nintendo on them. They all have managed to find their piece of the pie so they must be doing something right. Hard to take any of the points serious when at the root all of its only being said because it isn't badged with the Nintendo name.

Agreed. I've owned every Nintendo system (other than Virtual Boy, though I almost bought one when it first came out) and at least one version of every handheld since I started playing games in 1988. I've also owned a PS2 and a 360. Only the most delusional of Nintendo fanboys would argue that the Wii-U will end up being only 'slightly' less powerful than the new systems coming out. Though the Wii-U isn't ugly at all, what we will see on the 'true' next-gen consoles will blow it out of the water. The PS4 and 720 will be significantly more powerful and draw more attention from developers, but there is still room for Nintendo to impress people too.

You got it mixed up guy. Everyone's saying more powerful than what's out now 'slightly', not what's to come. Everyone already knows the next PS/Xbox will be powerhouses, because that's what they do. I plan on getting at least one of those consoles when they come out, even though I assume it will be alot more expensive. Regardless, each console will have something to show.

I don't think you have read this thread very carefully. There are several posters arguing that the Sony and Microsoft systems won't be that much better than the Wii-U when it comes to graphical power. They will look significantly better beginning with their first gen games, and shockingly so once developers figure out how optimize the hardware. The Wii-U can only hope to look a little bit better than what we are seeing on current 360 and PS3 games.

"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

SCRAPPER392

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

Nobody buys a system based on a brand?! Then why is this website not called 'videogamelife.com'?? Obviously it's a site dedicated to reporting news about a BRAND. Go to any other video game forum/YouTube comment section and try to tell me with a straight face that nobody cares about what company makes their system!

If you haven't seen a Nintendo fanboy before, I suggest you scroll up a few posts and you can spot quite a few...

Who? I couldn't find any. I'm serious.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You're drunk nerds. Go home.

This.

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

AbeVigoda

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

If you can honestly say you didn't see any Nintendo fanboy posts in this thread, I suggest you just look into a mirror then.

RancidVomit86

All I can say is spend 5 mins on any video game site with a comments section and you should see that they are like cochroaches

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

If you can honestly say you didn't see any Nintendo fanboy posts in this thread, I suggest you just look into a mirror then.

Why because I'm so pretty? Haha. I have PS3, and like it, even though I haven't been playing it recently because of my Wii U. I'm wearing a Metal Gear Solid 4 shirt right now, because I liked that PS3 game. Calling me a Nintendo fanboy when I like features of all consoles makes no sense. Nintendo has their newest console out first, that's all, and it will be easy to keep up with PS4/Xbox 1080 if Nintendo plays their cards right. This whole debate is like choosing to feed your child, when you are still hungry. No one has any real idea of what the companies are planning, and even though EA might be choosing a system outright, doesn't mean it will be the right move on their part.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Snagrio

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Sony and MS's consoles can't be too ridiculously more powerful then Wii U and still be a success, because otherwise the price will be through the roof and people will (grudgingly) go with the relatively more affordable Wii U instead. I'm not saying that the other new consoles won't be more powerful then Wii U, just that the difference probably won't be so drastic as many people are making it out, for reasons I've just said.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AbeVigoda

WingedFish wrote:

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Sony and MS's consoles can't be too ridiculously more powerful then Wii U and still be a success, because otherwise the price will be through the roof and people will (grudgingly) go with the relatively more affordable Wii U instead. I'm not saying that the other new consoles won't be more powerful then Wii U, just that the difference probably won't be so drastic as many people are making it out, for reasons I've just said.

So you believe consumers will choose to spend less money on an inferior product, rather than spend maybe $100 more to get something that is top of the line/superior? You have to remember too, some of the $350 price tag of the Wii-U is tacked on because you are paying for a controller that likely costs around $100. So you are actually paying $250 for the system itself. If the new consoles launch at $350-450, I don't think anyone will have a problem spending that extra cash for something that is 5-6x more powerful. Hell, if they launch at $499, people will just wait until a price drop like they did with the PS3 and 360.

Edited on by AbeVigoda

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

Why because I'm so pretty? Haha. I have PS3, and like it, even though I haven't been playing it recently because of my Wii U. I'm wearing a Metal Gear Solid 4 shirt right now, because I liked that PS3 game. Calling me a Nintendo fanboy when I like features of all consoles makes no sense. Nintendo has their newest console out first, that's all, and it will be easy to keep up with PS4/Xbox 1080 if Nintendo plays their cards right. This whole debate is like choosing to feed your child, when you are still hungry. No one has no real idea of what the companies are planning, and even though EA might be choosing a system outright, doesn't mean it will be the right move on their part.

Hasn't anyone ever taught you not to feed trolls? They'll just keep coming back. It really doesn't matter what you say, they're just looking for an argument.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

RancidVomit86

I like that we are trolls just because we are not drinking the Nintendo-only koolaide. This whole thread is meant for trolling and the very first post makes that clear so yet again look in the mirror friend.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I like that we are trolls just because we are not drinking the Nintendo-only koolaide. This whole thread is meant for trolling and the very first post makes that clear so yet again look in the mirror friend.

Koolaide is for everyone. My mirrors broken because I threw my 3DS at it. My 3DS is ok, but the mirror not so much... I guess I'll go play Mortal Kombat as Kratos for a bit... If anyone was truly a Nintendo fanboy, they would buy nothing but Nintendo products. I have a Sony A/V reciever, and a PS3, which I've spent more on than Nintendo stuff. That's all I got to say. I'm done.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

Guess we will just all have to settle to agree to disagree but as long as we are not a lot of these people...even though #6 is pretty awesome.

http://www.ukonlinegames.com/2010/07/14/20-video-game-fanboys/

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@RancidVomit86
Ya, those are pretty bad. The worst thing I do in 'fanboy' behavior is wear those fancy Mario shoelaces I got on Club Nintendo for 350 coins on my maroon and black pairs of Nike 6.0s. Then I go listen to some tunes on my Sony A/V reciever through my PS3, or play Dead Space 2 and Mortal Kombat. After that I play Donkey Kong Country Returns or COD BO 2 on Wii U. Good times. I kinda want to get PS All-Stars Battle Royal, but I'm not sure if I'll play it as much as Smash Bros. I played the beta and that was cool. Would you recommend that?

Qwest

RancidVomit86

Dont have a PS3. Always planned to get one just never wanted to spend the money yet so not sure there. Got a 360 and Wii. But a friend of mine is alll hyped about PS All-Stars.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

ShadJV

I've heard mixed responses and I think it depends. My friends that are big fighting game fans hate it, there's a lot of better fighting games on the PS3 and it tries too hard to be Smash Bros. But the ones that don't play many fighters, if they just casually do so, it's an alright pick up and play game. So it depends what you're looking for. I haven't played it personally, I have a 360 and Wii U, but I'm told it's a good game and just lacks some polish is all.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

edhe

People like throwing around the word fanboy a lot.

Is there something wrong with being infatuated with Nintendo, or have the words fan and fanboy become interchangeable all of a sudden?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.