Forums

Topic: EA doesn't count Nintendo as next gen

Posts 101 to 120 of 188

Tasuki

Personally I dont care what EA thinks, it doesnt stop me from enjoying the Wii U.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

IAmNotWill

Also to add my two cents, if you think that the PS4 will be a super computer of a console and leagues ahead of the Wii U, you are living in a fantasy world. Sony does not have the money for that. There will be a moderate leap between the PS3 and PS4, but nothing remarkable.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

FOREST_RANGER

IAmNotWill wrote:

There will be a moderate leap between the PS3 and PS4, but nothing remarkable.

I really do wonder what the console games industry will be like soon, and both Sony and Microsoft should somehow hint at it. If there will be modest performance gains, that could surprise many people. Other than Sony's GAIKAI and Microsoft's SmartGlass, what exactly will the other two console-makers do to differentiate the next era in general?

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

IAmNotWill

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

There will be a moderate leap between the PS3 and PS4, but nothing remarkable.

I really do wonder what the console games industry will be like soon, and both Sony and Microsoft should somehow hint at it. If there will be modest performance gains, that could surprise many people. Other than Sony's GAIKAI and Microsoft's SmartGlass, what exactly will the other two console-makers do to differentiate the next era in general?

Quite simple actually. Microsoft is pretty much combining Kinect with their system. Nintendo put a screen in their controller. The way you play will certainly change, while the visuals will only get slight advancements.

Why can't Metroid crawl?

Gamesake

Bankai wrote:

People need to realise that the days in which the content and the physical media are considered to be the one product are over. The law recognises the difference between the physical product, and the content that's on it.

I find it strange some people don't understand that. The reason games are so expensive is because you're paying for a license, not for some 50¢ DVD. That's why if your physical media is destroyed or lost you're still entitled to play the game you paid for.

...in my pants.

SCRAPPER392

Unless the next Xbox 360 and PS3 bring their controllers to next gen like Nintendo did, I don't think they will do that well. People already spent at least 2 times more than they should have on remotes for that console once they released motion controllers.
PS3=55x3+70x4+40=$485 in controllers alone if you bought new, and maybe somewhere around $375 if you bought used.
Xbox 360=60x3+100=$280 if you bought new, and maybe around $200 if you bought used.
Wii combos=40x3+20x4+20x4=$280 if you bought new remotes, maybe around $200 if you bought used.
Wii U=any cost you didn't pay before in Wii remotes, or if you buy Pro controllers, then it's 40x4=$160
Not many controllers are used for Wii U right now, because everyone's holding on to their new stuff 90% of the time. Then there's the cost of Xbox Live, and replacing consoles if they break, which will raise the cost.

These are just estimates I made from my knowledge... Wii U did a good thing by not making your Wii remotes immediately obsolete.

EA needs to make games for Wii U, and that's fact. If they're gonna wait for the next PS/Xbox, they're gonna be losing out on alot, especially if those consoles do end up adding a screen to their controller, too. Not everyone can aford a seperate tablet to use as a controller, and they need to choose a controller altogether and stick with it. Nintendo apparently has had their final controller done since 2009, while PS3 and Xbox 360 are still choosing between stuff. I would say if you're rich as hell, PS4 and Xbox 1080 are gonna be easy as hell to optimize in accessories, but not everyone can do that. If PS4/Xbox 1080 fail, and EA was waiting for that, they are gonna look even more stupid. People are already pissed at the ports for Wii U, but that's not really Nintendo's fault 90% of the time.

Devs need to make games for Wii U regardless. If they push Wii U that extra little bit it can, I'm sure it will no doubt help them move forward to those next consoles if they decide to or not. Make games for now, not later.

Sorry for such the long post, but there's already tons of people with game consoles now, and those are already expensive as hell still, especially in comparison to what Wii U can do plus more.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SomeBitTripFan

WaveBoy wrote:

EA Still hasn't made a hockey game that's topped.....Wait for it....

Blades of Steel is insanely fun. Played it in an arcade once. On subject, EA expects too much. The PS4 and Durango will likely have too hugh of developement costs to take risks. (Not to mention how expensive they will likely be likely resulting in a smaller install base. If $350 was too much for Wii U and Ninty was selling at a loss, imagine how much money Sony or MS might lose to sell their consoles at a reasonable price. Almost sounds like suicide.)

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

ClassicJetterz

Not to be that guy, but I haven't played an EA game in...well, I can't even remember.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Zolgar

IAmNotWill wrote:

Also to add my two cents, if you think that the PS4 will be a super computer of a console and leagues ahead of the Wii U, you are living in a fantasy world. Sony does not have the money for that. There will be a moderate leap between the PS3 and PS4, but nothing remarkable.

I'm fairly inclined to agree. They have to keep these cost efficient for the consumers after all. I don't know how well it would go over with them releasing another $500-$600 machine like the PS3 at release. Hell, I know people that are complaining that another system is 'already' coming soon, even though it's been ~6+ years.

Personally though, I don't care about visuals all that much when it comes to consoles. It'll be years (if ever) before consoles can compete with the PC platform in terms of graphical fidelity (for example, I'm running an i5 2500k @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, and a EVGA GTX 680). To me, it's the exclusives (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. in the case of Nintendo) that matter to me.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

IAmNotWill

Zolgar wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

I'm fairly inclined to agree. They have to keep these cost efficient for the consumers after all. I don't know how well it would go over with them releasing another $500-$600 machine like the PS3 at release. Hell, I know people that are complaining that another system is 'already' coming soon, even though it's been ~6+ years.

Personally though, I don't care about visuals all that much when it comes to consoles. It'll be years (if ever) before consoles can compete with the PC platform in terms of graphical fidelity (for example, I'm running an i5 2500k @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, and a EVGA GTX 680). To me, it's the exclusives (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. in the case of Nintendo) that matter to me.

Yep you're right. If Sony wants to avoid another "five hundred and ninety nine U.S. dollars" type situation, they won't put out another pricey system at the beginning of its life. Being released a year plus after the Wii U, I do believe the PS4 (as well as the NextBox) will have more power than Nintendo's current home console, but it'll only be a slight edge.

Considering Sony hasn't made a profit in a couple of years, their new system needs to be as affordable as possible.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?

Snagrio

I can't help but see the Wii U's "lower power" as more of an asset. Since $350 is already a little steep (by this economy's standards) and Sony and MS are going to have "more powerful consoles" the systems will cost more then Wii U and thus lose consumers since most folks can't afford another $600+ console these days.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Gamesake

WingedFish wrote:

I can't help but see the Wii U's "lower power" as more of an asset. Since $350 is already a little steep (by this economy's standards) and Sony and MS are going to have "more powerful consoles" the systems will cost more then Wii U and thus lose consumers since most folks can't afford another $600+ console these days.

Rumor has it the PS4, neXtbox, and Steamcast are all going to come out for cheap while also being upgradable for improved performance later. Anyone remember the SEGA CD?

...in my pants.

RancidVomit86

EA should had just left it vague and said [insert any comment here that will outrage the Nintendo fanbase]

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Kage_88

I don't count EA as a games company.

Wabam!

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

SCRAPPER392

Gamesake wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Rumor has it the PS4, neXtbox, and Steamcast are all going to come out for cheap while also being upgradable for improved performance later. Anyone remember the SEGA CD?

I was literally thinking this myself before I scrolled to your comment. That turns consumers away kinda, knowing there's a better way to play or use devices, when they are still new, but that's just being naive. I think we might see some Sega business strategies this time when it comes to Nintendo, and aparently the others if what you say is true. I could see Nintendo adding some extra hardware as a seperate purchase later on if they see fit. They could add more RAM, or anything really in an extra box. We already have to buy an ext. HDD to have more gamespace. It doesn't really bother me really to buy extra stuff it makes my stuff better, but there's plenty of people in other situations that woukd say different. You get Netflix for $8.99 for unlimited streaming, add more for DVDs and bluray. Same applies here.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

It can make alot of difference adding extra hardware, especially since Nintendo, or anyone really doesn't know what's gonna all be in the new consoles. Not even developers know, they just have basic builds similar, but a little improved of what's out now. Sounds kinda like what Wii U can do now if you ask me. If anything, I think devolpers will fall more behind not deving for Wii U now, and seeing later they should have since it will ge similar in power at first from my understanding. We will have to see, but I think Wii U would be able to handle at least the first 1-2 years of PS4/Xbox 1080 before needing an add-like Sega's. Alot of you guys already update your PCs and spend a grip on those machines, so I don't see why a video game console hardware update would stop you. Or buying a new iPhone every year...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MAB

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

shingi_70

You do guys do realize

1) The PS3 wasn't expensive because it was powerful but because Sony used a lot of custom made parts right. Sony and Microsoft could make an off the shelf machine that's cheaper but still leap frogs the Wii U,

2) At least one of the console manufacturers (Microsoft) has been testing selling the xbox 360 on a subsidy and its been rumored that they plan to do that for Durango as well.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

teus

Bankai wrote:

http://exophase.com/46944/ea-no-correlation-between-wii-u-and...

"Additionally, EA isn’t grouping the Wii U as part of its “Gen 4″ roadmap, which includes next-gen consoles."

insert random comments about how EA sucks, EA knows nothing, I who post on NintendoLife know more about the industry than EA and I say that the Wii U is next gen, etc etc

im sorry but i kinda agree with ea on this one.. dont get me wrong the wiiu is a great console but lets face facts.. graphically its pretty much on par with the current gen HD consoles. and with sony and microsofts announcements for their next gen consoles imminent the wiiu will unfortunatly be left in the dust..

NintendoID: Lazymutant

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.