Wii U Forum

Topic: e3 is going to be insane

Showing 61 to 80 of 118

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

61. Posted:

Flutterguy wrote:

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Resistance, Modnation, Sly Cooper, and Infamous, just to mention a few? Really? Littlebigplanet alone is a classic!

Well maybe because he prefers other games that do things "better"?

My two cents: Ratchet & Clank is completely overshadowed by Mario. Jak & Daxter has been bad since the second one. LBP is garbage. Uncharted is amazing. Twisted Metal is great! Resistance is average. Modnation is a poor man's Mario Kart. Sly Cooper is pretty good. Infamous is epic. And you forgot Motorstorm. How dare you.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

62. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Flutterguy wrote:

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Resistance, Modnation, Sly Cooper, and Infamous, just to mention a few? Really? Littlebigplanet alone is a classic!

Well maybe because he prefers other games that do things "better"?

My two cents: Ratchet & Clank is completely overshadowed by Mario. Jak & Daxter has been bad since the second one. LBP is garbage. Uncharted is amazing. Twisted Metal is great! Resistance is average. Modnation is a poor man's Mario Kart. Sly Cooper is pretty good. Infamous is epic. And you forgot Motorstorm. How dare you.

I can overlook your bullcrap comparison of Ratchet to Mario and you implying LBP is anything but great, but Modnation being a poor-man's Mario Kart? That game is Mario Kart without the crud. It actually requires skill and the AI doesn't cheat nearly as much. And the items are way more balanced. If anything, Mario Kart is a poor man's Modnation, because everything it does is worse.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

63. Posted:

I don't find the music as catchy or as great as Mario Kart's. As it will never be on Par with MK. The characters are dumb too. Making your own cookie cutter character is boring when compared to being Boo or Dry Bones and Luigi. The controls were messy for me. That's personal though. And the track design is poor and uninteresting. The online is okay but the items aren't... fun.

Very dull experience when compared to MK, IMHO. I prefer Motorstorm over Modnation.

Oh and my "bullcrap comparison" is a great one. I've been spoiled with too much Mario to enjoy that series. It's painful I tell you!

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

64. Posted:

i prefer to create my own person.

also while LBP is not my cup of tea its still good.

if anything Sony's problem is they have too many first party games.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

65. Posted:

LBP is a good game. It's just LBP2 for $60 as my first PS3 title was a kick in the nads. Really disappointed.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

66. Posted:

also don't see how playing one game like Mario ruins the enjoyment of another.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

67. Posted:

They're both platformers. R&C in many aspects isn't as great as Mario. I find Mario to be the superior franchise. Also the storylines in R&C are... no. I could go on but come on now.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

68. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

They're both platformers. R&C in many aspects isn't as great as Mario. I find Mario to be the superior franchise. Also the storylines in R&C are... no. I could go on but come on now.

The stories are great. And Ratchet & Clank is as much a shooter and a collectathon as it is a platformer, so your argument is invalid.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

69. Posted:

The first sentence reads: Ratchet & Clank is a series of ...

Anyway this is all my opinion, really. And to add to that opinion I find Mario to be the better collectathon. See Super Mario Galaxy 2 for details. :P

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

70. Posted:

that still doesn't ******** explaining how one being better makes the other worse. by that logic the wii was the worst attempt out because the other systems do more. i could give an more inappropriate. example but ban hammer.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

71. Posted:

Anyways, all I want to see if a new Half-Life game. 5 years Valve.......

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

72. Posted:

Think of that awesome Hardee's burger. Your favorite choice of a thickburger with everything on it. Then go to McDonalds and order a McDouble. You'll see a difference in quality.

So basically, take every aspect of R&C (any of them, I don't care which game you choose), and compare it to every aspect of Galaxy 2. To you, it might be better. To me, it is not. Every aspect of R&C is overshadowed by Mario, IMO.

Anyway, my original point was that Waveboy has different preferences. If he doesn't like anything from Sony don't persuade him. He has his own reasons to why he doesn't like it, I'm sure.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

73. Posted:

You're just being a fanboy in the end. Trust me. I'm a fanboy at times too. I love Mario but still very much enjoy R&C.
Oddly enough I still enjoy Sonic games....when they're good.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

74. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You're just being a fanboy in the end. Trust me. I'm a fanboy at times too. I love Mario but still very much enjoy R&C.
Oddly enough I still enjoy Sonic games....when they're good.

Nope. I've played both franchises and given them a chance. I just choose Nintendo's games (sometimes), over Sony's and for good reason.

Which =/= a fanboy. Just because I prefer one over the other doesn't make me a fanboy.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

75. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You're just being a fanboy in the end. Trust me. I'm a fanboy at times too. I love Mario but still very much enjoy R&C.
Oddly enough I still enjoy Sonic games....when they're good.

Nope. I've played both franchises and given them a chance. I just choose Nintendo's games (sometimes), over Sony's and for good reason.

Which =/= a fanboy. Just because I prefer one over the other doesn't make me a fanboy.

thank you :)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kagamine

76. Posted:

My dream E3 2012, Half life 3 or half life 2 episode 3, everything else i want has already been announced or we know is coming eventually

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

77. Posted:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U launch title.

Wii U = sold

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

78. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Think of that awesome Hardee's burger. Your favorite choice of a thickburger with everything on it. Then go to McDonalds and order a McDouble. You'll see a difference in quality.

So basically, take every aspect of R&C (any of them, I don't care which game you choose), and compare it to every aspect of Galaxy 2. To you, it might be better. To me, it is not. Every aspect of R&C is overshadowed by Mario, IMO.

Mario doesn't have guns. I think that should speak for itself why your argument is completely idiotic. Next thing you know you're gonna try to convince me that Mario overshadows Ninja Gaiden.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

79. Posted:

I don't know what I just read. Of course Mario doesn't have guns. Who cares about that? Better yet did I answer the right question? It's my preference. If you can't accept that then that sounds more like a personal problem.

Yes, because I would definitely compare the two. Ninja Gaiden has never really interested me so I don't really know much about the series.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

80. Posted:

Yes, because I would definitely compare the two.

That doesn't surprise me. Gamers to have a penchant to try and compare completely incomparable things.

To compare: I've never seen a movie critic or fan compare Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (R&C) to White Chicks (Mario). Sure, they both fall under the category of "comedy movie" (Platformer), but there is not a single thing that is similar between either of them.

BTW you're all wrong. Commander Keen is a better platformer than any of the Mario games, and all the R&C games.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)