Wii U Forum

Topic: E3 2013 Nintendo's plans revealed? Next 3D Mario, new Zelda on 3DS, and more!

Showing 141 to 160 of 188

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

141. Posted:

Yeah I seriously hope they don't make a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

142. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

E3 2013 is going to be amazing. The Wii U is out, so they won't waste time advertising that. Now they can get back to showing us all of the GAMES!! YAAY!

Breaking News, Ninty Says E3 is for chumps, will not be showing up to E3 ever again, instead they will hold a Nintendo Direct in which there will be fruit. :P

I'm okay with that :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Hokori

143. Posted:

E3 isn't worth my time anymore... ND is where it's at, every month I can get hyped and be amazed or disappointed, but I can wait till the next one to see if I'm amazed again or not, but I'm usually amazed every few ND which is better IMO then waiting a year for disappointment

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

144. Posted:

I dunno how much I want to watch Nintendo's E3 this year. I was looking forward to all the games for the Wii U I'd see at E3, but I felt disappointed by the end of the conference because of the lack of anything really new for Wii U or 3Ds, which is the primary reason I don't own a Wii U now . I preferred the Microsoft E3 strangely, even though I don't own an Xbox (always interesting to see what the other console are up to, and hey, it's a gaming centered TV show).

Edited on by SkywardLink98

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

145. Posted:

I will only watch nintendo at E3 i want to see if they can make up for it from last year. If they choose what they show carefully they could win the fame at E3 and get more people interested in the Wii U.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

146. Posted:

Make up for last year? They were showing off the console itself more than the software. The next E3 is going to be all about the software.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

147. Posted:

rubbernec320 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

And you don't even post the source of the rumour?

Here's where I first read about the rumour. http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/surfacing-2013-rum...

Zeldainformer?

Untitled

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

skywake

148. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Make up for last year? They were showing off the console itself more than the software. The next E3 is going to be all about the software.

Every E3 should be about the software because that's why people buy consoles in the first place, that was the problem with the last E3. The big reveals were Pikmin 3 (awesome) and Nintendo Land (which at the time was ... wha?) so it was hardly the best E3 ever. Better than everyone elses bar Ubisoft? Yup. A great show by E3 standards? meh. Plus they had three or four "events" and had such a small amount of content to show.

.... pick a random Nintendo Direct and you'll probably get more out of it than we got from that 3DS software showcase thing. The highlight of the whole thing was probably the MiiVerse demo Nintendo Direct before. NonSpecific Action Figure was better than Nintendo Land and New SMB U at the time IMO.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

149. Posted:

Yeah, but they just didn't have any of the big titles to talk about. If they would've announced Retro Studios' project, like they supposedly were going to, then that probably would've helped a lot. But no 3D Mario game, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Smash Bros., Mario Kart or any of those. Just Pikmin, and apparently they weren't ready to show much of that.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

skywake

150. Posted:

It's not a surprise they didn't talk about any big games. They didn't talk about anything after about May 2013 at all really. Complete change from past E3s where they talk about games a good three years before release.

Maybe a change of strategy? The awesome lineup of software the 3DS seemed to have "in the pipeline" at launch obviously didn't drive sales. Maybe they feel like they don't need to build hype over a long period of time to drive hardware sales anymore? Maybe they feel that bringing the hype for the game just before release is more important?

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

151. Posted:

skywake wrote:

It's not a surprise they didn't talk about any big games. They didn't talk about anything after about May 2013 at all really. Complete change from past E3s where they talk about games a good three years before release.

Maybe a change of strategy? The awesome lineup of software the 3DS seemed to have "in the pipeline" at launch obviously didn't drive sales. Maybe they feel like they don't need to build hype over a long period of time to drive hardware sales anymore? Maybe they feel that bringing the hype for the game just before release is more important?

That could be. What i didn't like last year was they showed more 3rd party then anything else. They most likely had ideas for several more Wii U games then what was shown at the time. Also most of the 3rd parties were just games from the year before made for the wii U.

AuthorMessage

PhoenixUltra

152. Posted:

i want to know some sweet third party games announced at e3 2013. i hope for some first party like zelda, metroid, mother, paper mario u,

though i want third parties more on wii u, bring more hardcore games like on launch.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage

PhoenixUltra

153. Posted:

all you guys caring about first party games, wheres yiour love for third party.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

154. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

skywake wrote:

That could be. What i didn't like last year was they showed more 3rd party then anything else. They most likely had ideas for several more Wii U games then what was shown at the time. Also most of the 3rd parties were just games from the year before made for the wii U.

Most likely because Nintendo wanted to show that they have lots of 3rd party support, so that other parties who were/are still on the fence about joining in could/can see that if if other joined, they should as well. But I bet next year will contain much more 1st party (I hope anyway).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

155. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

This thread is about Nintendo's plans you silly :P

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

156. Posted:

I see what you mean about them being open to 3rd party but it wasn't the E3 moment for Sony or Microsoft or any other company. It was theirs so it should have had more Nintendo only games.

AuthorMessage

skywake

157. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

Did you miss the bit where I said Ubisoft won E3? After following the content for that week my conclusion was that Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs and ZombiU were looking pretty interesting. Better than all of what Nintendo had to show with Pikmin 3, New SMB U and NintendoLand. Ubisoft set the bar high, nobody met it.

The discussion was about Nintendo's showing at E3 and why it was average. The fact that the most interesting games in their show were cross platform wasn't exactly getting me thinking "I must get one of these". What convinced me was Ubisoft's show.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

158. Posted:

Thread revived! Let's speculate some more so I can use a picture to laugh at you!! :)

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

159. Posted:

I hope the next 3D Mario on Wii U will top the Galaxy games with ideas even more creative than Galaxy. Can they do it? Also, what if they finally did 2 player co-op in the next 3D Mario game, and I don't mean like the Co-Star mode, I mean like Mario and Luigi working together in levels! Wouldn't that be great? I hope Nintendo announces that! :D

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

160. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

What if they finally did 2 player co-op in the next 3D Mario game, and I don't mean like the Co-Star mode, I mean like Mario and Luigi working together in levels! Wouldn't that be great? I hope Nintendo announces that! :D

Uhm... yeah. That would be cool.

DudeSean