Wii U Forum

Topic: E3 2013 Nintendo's plans revealed? Next 3D Mario, new Zelda on 3DS, and more!

Showing 101 to 120 of 188

AuthorMessage

skywake

101. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Thoughts are the same as opinions

Opinions are thoughts expressed and as soon as they are expressed people can challenge them. You might think something horrendous like, to give an extreme example, that the Holocaust didn't happen. You're allowed to think that. However as soon as you express it, as soon as you release it into the wild it becomes an opinion and people are allowed to challenge it.

When people say "I am entitled to my opinion" it's always used as a cheap out. There IS room for multiple opinions and they are often contradictory opinions. However you don't have the right to have your opinion thought of as equal from the get go. If you want your opinion to stick you need to fight for it.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

moomoo

102. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Guys, if zoroark wants to believe a rumor is true, just leave him alone — Isn't speculation and rumor what this thread is all about, for goodness' sake? After all, E3 2013 is a ways off. Drop the macros and just ignore him if he bothers you plz :/

Doesn't it make sense people would challenge his speculation if it lacks credibility? This is a thread about rumor and speculation, and since E3 is a ways off, it makes a lot of sense to dump salt on a theory that lacks a base. I don't see the problem with doing that.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

103. Posted:

The main problem I had with his statements was that he presented them as facts (or at least that's how I perceived it). :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

104. Posted:

@moomoo, skywake: my problem is with the macros and the insults. they need to end. if he bothers you to the point where that's all you guys in this thread can possibly think of to do in response, please don't bother responding.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

moomoo

105. Posted:

@TBD Eh, this is my first comment in the thread, so I'm safe. :p
Also... what are macros? Sorry, I've never heard that, and dictionary.com isn't helping me.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

106. Posted:

I'd like to see a 3D Link to the Past as well as the original coming out as a 3D Classic on the 3DS. That would be awesome.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

skywake

107. Posted:

I wasn't doing the macros and I don't see what the problem with a little bit of it. It was probably getting a bit ridiculous but you still can't expect people to just ignore baseless rumours in an effort to try and avoid hurting someone's feelings. Can't complain about trololol gif though, everyone loves Mr Trololol :)

moomoo wrote:

Also... what are macros? Sorry, I've never heard that, and dictionary.com isn't helping me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_macro

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

rayword45

108. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

3D Link to the Past

turtlelink wrote:

as well as the original coming out as a 3D Classic on the 3DS

Erm, what?
If this happened, it'd be Cave Story 3D all over again. Having both sorta defeats the purpose, even if one is made from the ground up, it's more then likely just a graphical overhaul for both.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

109. Posted:

@skywake: i would not be bothering with this thread in the slightest if there wasn't some sort of problem, i promise you that — i've got better things to do with my time. I don't care if you see it or not, insults and other blatantly offensive comments (including image macros meant as insults) are against our rules, plain and simple. all i'm doing is making sure everyone's aware before i have to start handing down temp-bans over it, that way no one can cry that they weren't warned beforehand.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

110. Posted:

I like to see 3D Classics: A Link to the Past made.
Either that or a new Zelda with a top-down perspective.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

moomoo

111. Posted:

skywake wrote:

I wasn't doing the macros and I don't see what the problem with a little bit of it. It was probably getting a bit ridiculous but you still can't expect people to just ignore baseless rumours in an effort to try and avoid hurting someone's feelings. Can't complain about trololol gif though, everyone loves Mr Trololol :)

moomoo wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_macro

Ah, so it's meme-related. That explains why I didn't know what it meant, or why dictionary wouldn't know. Thanks. :)

So basically, as long as I don't hurl invectives or use cat pictures, I'm fine? That's good to know. Time to get cracking on the implausibiliies of the "Nintendo buying Rare" thing. Again. For the quintilionth time.

Nintendo buying Rare right now doesn't make sense. The main reason for this is because Rare is a 1st party studio of Microsoft, since it is 100% owned by Microsoft. When it was with Nintendo, they were second party, since Nintendo didn't own even half of the company, let alone all of it. They were 2nd party back then, so they were able to make certain decisions like whether they be sold to other companies or not. It meant that they could do this without bothering with the opinion of the other share-holder, Nintendo.

The problem with Rare selling itself now is that it simply can't do so. Microsoft would have to be willing to sell Rare, and such an action doesn't make sense on their part. Why would Microsoft sell a company that is quite lucrative for them? It doesn't make much sense.

Then we have the issue of Nintendo's wanting of Rare. Nintendo already has a ton of studios making games. There's a point when it is really hard to continue managing so many studios. Then there's the issue of why Nintendo would buy the studio off when they already have a ton of IP's already. Then there's the issue of Rare's IP's not holding the value that they used to.

So let's say Nintendo just buys some IP's. Why do so? Like previously stated, they already have plenty of IP's. Then there's the fact that they all have other studios working with those IP's. Then there's the fact that it would cost quite a bit of money, and that all of Rare's IP's simply aren't that valuble anymore. Plus, I don't know if holders of Nintendo's stock would like it if the company spent millions trying to aquire an IP that isn't incredibly hot right now or at the least on the rise.

I guess if all these questions could be answered sufficiently enough then I'd give a bit more credence to the theory, but right now it doesn't seem plausible at all.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

skywake

112. Posted:

@TBD
Not disputing that necessarily, people should be civil. There's a good chance you've deleted the offending posts so I'm not going to comment on whether the line was crossed or not. I'm just saying it's reasonable to expect buckets of cynicism to be dumped on a person posting rumours. Rumour thread or not.

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

113. Posted:

Since i see nothing to respond to i won't. A 3d link to the past would be cool, i still want a sequel to spirit tracks that game is one of my favorites. Also if Nintendo is announcing a new game series i hope it is a new spin off of Pokemon because mystery dungeon is a great series in my opinion with my favorite being explorers of sky. Also my statements are not suppose to be seen as facts. The only thing i think i know is correct is Nintendo buying banjo kazooe but i can't prove that to i find my Nintendo power issue that has it in it,

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

114. Posted:

Nintendo has not bought Banjo-Kazooie. The only thing you may be thinking of is the completely unsubstantiated and unfounded rumor that such a thing was in the works; the rumor was floating around the interwebs this past summer — intitally on Zelda Informer and then spread all over — but was not in any way true or confirmed. It has not happened.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

115. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Nintendo has not bought Banjo-Kazooie. The only thing you may be thinking of is the completely unsubstantiated and unfounded rumor that such a thing was in the works; the rumor was floating around the interwebs this past summer — intitally on Zelda Informer and then spread all over — but was not in any way true or confirmed. It has not happened.

like i said i think i read it in Nintendo power that they either were trying to or did try to buy the rights that doesn't mean they did though.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

116. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

like i said i think i read it in Nintendo power that they either were trying to or did try to buy the rights that doesn't mean they did though.

Show us the page in that Nintendo Power then.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

117. Posted:

I need to find it in my house i got a few months ago and it is one of the ones i actually own.

AuthorMessage

skywake

118. Posted:

I think zoroark is suffering from a serious case of "I read something ages ago and have since changed the details in my head". Like with the 3DS "Mario Galaxy" which I'm almost 100% certain was actually 3D Land. I mean if I was still thinking the same way on this thread as I was a while ago I'd still be thinking the Wii U might use flash instead of disks and that the black area on the top of the GamePad is almost surely an IR camera. I'd also be saying that they'd have to be crazy not to have the Wii U VC up and running from day one and that Wii games will be playable on the GamePad. Rumours and speculation change.

I mean I'd also be saying that the GamePad has a magenetic sensor and that the top area either side of the camera was a sensor bar. So hit and miss. You need to have a good rationale before it becomes even slightly believable though.

edit: and speaking of speculation and this thread in particular. I've been saying Donkey Kong Country Returns should come to the 3DS in some form or another since they announced the game. To quote myself from June 2010:

skywake wrote:

As much as I'd like to drool over the 3DS all day there were other things on show. A new Donkey Kong Country is a great start and is a real winner for me considering that Donkey Kong Land was one of the first games I ever owned. Unfortunately all I could think when it was unveiled (apart from "damn, this looks awesome" especially during the red-sunset bit) was "this would be great on the 3DS". Odd that the title that screamed "3D" to me was a Wii game rather than a 3DS game.

So I guess that's how obvious some of the rumours in the OP are.

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

119. Posted:

I've read all the NP issues for the past year and a half and I have no recollection of any stating Nintendo would do anything with Banjo Kazooie.

The only thing that it could be is a fan letter stating that they WANT Nintendo to do it. (Though I may have read it somewhere else...)

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Xilef

120. Posted:

In zoroarks defense i do remeber a rumour from Nintendo Power that stated that Nintendo was trying to buy BK. However like most rumours it didn't seem very plausible so few websites repported on it and it didn't spread.

Sten