Forums

Topic: "Dual Gamepad Experiences" E3 2012

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Boidoh

Remember back in E3 2012? When they basically straight up said there would be dual gamepad experiences but they will only talk about single gamepad experiences at that particular E3? What happened to those? Are they coming alongside the Wii Vitality Sensor in 20XX?

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

DefHalan

With how poor the Wii U is doing and such a negative reception towards the GamePad, I think they decided to not put money towards that development and instead just focus on selling their current hardware set up.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

6ch6ris6

Boidoh wrote:

Are they coming alongside the Wii Vitality Sensor in 20XX?

of course. those will be the killer-gimmicks for the NX

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

TromboneGamer

DefHalan wrote:

With how poor the Wii U is doing and such a negative reception towards the Gamepad, I think they decided to not put money towards that development and instead just focus on selling their current hardware set up.

Pretty much this. As for Vitality Sensor either the technology wasn't/isn't ready or it didn't add to games in a meaningful way. Same could be said for the gamepad. The only thing that has going for it is practical application like maps, inventory management, and motion controls(which most "gamers" hate).

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

iKhan

Boidoh wrote:

Remember back in E3 2012? When they basically straight up said there would be dual gamepad experiences but they will only talk about single gamepad experiences at that particular E3? What happened to those? Are they coming alongside the Wii Vitality Sensor in 20XX?

It's coming with Mother 3 and Half-Life 3

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tasuki

iKhan wrote:

Boidoh wrote:

And The Last Guardian.......

Oh wait.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

UGXwolf

iKhan wrote:

Boidoh wrote:

You know, after getting Earthbound Beginnings, I wouldn't put Mother 3 on that list. I think we'll be getting that rather soon. After all, Nintendo DEFINITELY knows it's wanted.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

blaisedinsd

I always thought that they simply stated it was possible for the console to support up to two gamepads and not that their were any games promised that would actually do it.

SW-7087-5868-6390

moomoo

Aren't they still trying to sell all of the Wii U stock that they initially made? Nintendo probably just can't justify creating games that do that.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Boidoh

blaisedinsd wrote:

I always thought that they simply stated it was possible for the console to support up to two gamepads and not that their were any games promised that would actually do it.

Check back to E3 2012. Reggie clearly says that there are dual gamepad experiences on the way.

Tasuki

Boidoh wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

Check back to E3 2012. Reggie clearly says that there are dual gamepad experiences on the way.

I am pretty sure he did say that too, but its probably not even a thought now. With the NX announced they are going to be concentrating on that now rather then the Wii U. Also most third parties have said that they found designing games around the game pad a big reason for not supporting the Wii U so if they didn't like designing games for one game pad they probably arent going to for a dual setup.

So yeah I wont expect it anytime soon if at all. Who knows maybe if the NX has some sort of gamepad/remote play type of thing then maybe they might look back at it then.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Haru17

Personally, if they have any less than tri-gamepad experiences I'll be let down. What else can cause rich people to look that stupid?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Boidoh wrote:

You know, after getting Earthbound Beginnings, I wouldn't put Mother 3 on that list. I think we'll be getting that rather soon. After all, Nintendo DEFINITELY knows it's wanted.

Hey, with The Last Guardian, FFVII remake, and Shenmue 3 all announced, I don't have much to work with.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Boidoh

I knew the Vitality Sensore was dead. I remember reading a NL article on that.

The one where Reggie said there would be no 2 gamepad games at launch windows says nothing, just that there wouldn't be any during the launch window.

The 2014 one however... Yeah... we got punked by Nintendo... again.

UGXwolf

iKhan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Boidoh wrote:

Hey, with The Last Guardian, FFVII remake, and Shenmue 3 all announced, I don't have much to work with.

Touche. But we can all accept that it'll probably all happen before Gaben learns to count to 3.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CanisWolfred

Boidoh wrote:

I knew the Vitality Sensore was dead. I remember reading a NL article on that.

The one where Reggie said there would be no 2 gamepad games at launch windows says nothing, just that there wouldn't be any during the launch window.

The 2014 one however... Yeah... we got punked by Nintendo... again.

Not really. They made it very clear back then that they thought they could do it, but when they actually tried to impliment it they discovered that it didn't work. Same with the Wii Vitality sensor. Sometimes new things don't work as well in theory as they do in practice, and they have to be tweaked or scrapped. That's just the nature of the business.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

They couldn't even convince people that one gamepad was needed, much less two. Aside from that, the processing power to stream to two gamepads and a television screen probably would have made games look awful. I mean, Hyrule Warriors takes a significant hit with just one. Not only that, but gamepads are probably still pretty expensive. Couple all of that together and it's pretty obvious why Nintendo decided to just not even bother.

TuVictus

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.