Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,203

dkxcalibur

Downloaded it Friday night after going to the local Gamestop and the guy told me they did not have any more retail copies. He said they only got 3 extra copies. So now my Wii U is almost out of free space. Although I have not played it much (my sons were hogging the game), from what I did play, I do not regret getting my Wii U back in December and buying this game on Friday. When I did get a chance, I was playing with one of my two sons and they do not like to look for anything. They like to get through the level and onto the next.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

DefHalan

I want this game so bad but I also need a external hard drive for my Wii U... choices, choices

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

JonnyKong

I thought I was actually doing pretty well on this game.

Then world 5 entered my life

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

cookiex

JonnyKong wrote:

I thought I was actually doing pretty well on this game.

Then world 5 entered my life

Just wait until you get to World 6.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JonnyKong

I'm trying not to think about world 6 right now.

shudder

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Joeynator3000

World 6 in general is a pain, lol. I enjoyed Dynamite Dash, though.
(might make that my next video for Youtube for tonight)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DirkaDirka

Unfortunately can't get a hold of the game now due to finals being upon me. Luckily for me, I'll be getting this and Bravely Default on my spring break coming up in two weeks. So excited!!

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

Budda

JonnyKong wrote:

I'm trying not to think about world 6 right now.

shudder

Just wait for World 7.
World 6 is way too easy compared to World 7!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Gamecubed

People who own the game and have played a fair bit of it, would you pick it over 3D World? I'm thinking about getting Tropical Freeze in a few days, so I'm just wondering.

Gamecubed

DefHalan

I got a Blu Ray player instead of this game... I think I made a horrible mistake

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rockodoodle

DefHalan wrote:

I got a Blu Ray player instead of this game... I think I made a horrible mistake

yeah, b/c how many movies are really worth watching on Blu Ray anyway? I just got my copy today and think it's money well spent. it's going to take me forever to finish it, if I ever do.... will for sure keep me busy until Mario Kart 8....

rockodoodle

Joeynator3000

Gamecubed wrote:

People who own the game and have played a fair bit of it, would you pick it over 3D World? I'm thinking about getting Tropical Freeze in a few days, so I'm just wondering.

Tough call...both are awesome games...if you have friends to play with a lot, then I say 3D World would be your choice. Tropical Freeze I say is best played alone.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

rockodoodle

3d World is the best game for the Wii U, BUT..... I love Tropical Freeze too. It's kinda good to be in this predicament, as this is why we love Nintendo. If you want something different and a bigger challenge, go with DKTF and get 3d World later on. My concern with DKTF is that I'll get stuck like I did with DKCR and kinda give up. 3d World is a bit more forgiving.

Mizore wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

Tough call...both are awesome games...if you have friends to play with a lot, then I say 3D World would be your choice. Tropical Freeze I say is best played alone.

rockodoodle

MasterWario

Gamecubed wrote:

As people have said already 3D World is the better game overall, but if you've got a thing for Donkey Kong (Puzzle piece hunting, time-trials, higher difficulty, etc.) you'll have no regrets getting DK.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SG9000

So.....

Beginner: NSMBU
Medium: 3D World
Hard: DKCTF
OMFG!!!!: Luigi U

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

BenAV

I've always preferred 3D Platformers over 2D Platformers so 3D World probably has my vote, but it's not a clear cut decision.
3D World doesn't quite live up to the Galaxy games, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's better than DKC:TF, which is pretty much 2D Platforming at its best.
If you want a really good, challenging single player experience then I'd probably recommend Tropical Freeze, but if you just want a game which isn't quite as difficult and contains a lot of single player and multiplayer fun, then go for 3D World.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Gamecubed

Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate it.
I have mad nostalgia for the DKC games. I really enjoyed DKCR, but I never totally finished it. I like that it's harder than NSMB though.

I think I also take into account that my dad likes playing Nintendo games with me, and when we played DKCR he was just totally hopeless. So I'm leaning towards 3D World so we have something to play together since he keeps bugging me about wanting to play "that new Nintendo system" I got. That might hold him over until MK8 comes out.

I'd get both, but I'm saving for a new laptop.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

BenAV

Sounds like 3D World is a good choice then.
On launch day I went over to a friend's house and we played four player multiplayer all day and it was a heap of fun.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Gamecubed wrote:

Not really a fair comparison. While they are both platformers, DK is way more difficult and much more the single-player experience. 3D World, on the other hand, is just a bit easier with a much less intimidating difficulty curve and plays itself better with friends to laugh at/with.

In the end, they're both great buys, and I recommend both, but I feel that 3D World is the more all-encompassing of the two.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.