Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,327

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

901. Posted:

I shud get my copy on Friday and I have to send my prof an important part of my master thesis on Sunday.. hm... shall we say.. doomed?

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

902. Posted:

@DudeSean You made it sound as if the entire game was nothing but trial and error by your argument. You also sounded like you were attacking developers who worked very hard on what appears to be a very beautiful and very smooth game for their choice to put a one-hit-kill in their game. Choose your wording more wisely and you won't get such heavy backlash. (And I suggest never using the term "fanboy." It's an insult to people who just think the game looks fun and yhe difficulty is justified, which is what most of us are.)

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

903. Posted:

Kelbaugh wrote:

For example, we spent a lot of time working on fur as requested by Iwata-san.

Gotta love Iwata.

Untitled

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

904. Posted:

Tbf if I was in Iwata's position I'd ask for the same thing.

And for Cranky Kong to wear a top hat.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wolfgabe

905. Posted:

About the Japanese sales opening sales mean nothing for Nintendo games as they are typically slow burners. Another thing to take into consideration is that DKCR released relatively late in the Wii's life cycle while Tropical Freeze is coming out when the Wii U is a little over a year old. Another factor might be that the game was released in February which is when a lot of people are still relatively burnt out from the Christmas rush.

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wolfgabe

906. Posted:

About the Japanese sales opening sales mean nothing for Nintendo games as they are typically slow burners. Another thing to take into consideration is that DKCR released relatively late in the Wii's life cycle while Tropical Freeze is coming out when the Wii U is a little over a year old. Another factor might be that the game was released in February which is when a lot of people are still relatively burnt out from the Christmas rush.

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wolfgabe

907. Posted:

About the Japanese sales opening sales mean nothing for Nintendo games as they are typically slow burners. Another thing to take into consideration is that DKCR released relatively late in the Wii's life cycle while Tropical Freeze is coming out when the Wii U is a little over a year old. Another factor might be that the game was released in February which is when a lot of people are still relatively burnt out from the Christmas rush.

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MasterWario

908. Posted:

Um...you might want to delete some of those, lad. XD

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JonnyKong

909. Posted:

Plus there's also the fact a lot of the Japanese folk will be saving their money for the PS4 release next week.

My god, in less than 20 hours I'll be playing this, eek.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Booboos35

910. Posted:

Gamespot's review seemed weird to me, they said levels were bland and so far EVERY review has said the complete oppisite. I saw 5/5,10/10,and 9/10's so I'm sold. So excited for Friday :D

Booboos35

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

911. Posted:

Nintendo better release this midnight on eShop or else I'm going to.......................................be a bit grumpy about it.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rezalack

912. Posted:

Wolfgabe wrote:

About the Japanese sales opening sales mean nothing for Nintendo games as they are typically slow burners. Another thing to take into consideration is that DKCR released relatively late in the Wii's life cycle while Tropical Freeze is coming out when the Wii U is a little over a year old. Another factor might be that the game was released in February which is when a lot of people are still relatively burnt out from the Christmas rush.

Not to mention that Japanese owned around 12 million Wiis when DKCR released and they only own 1.7 million Wii Us right now. Looking at it that way, DKC:TF really isn't doing that bad in comparison.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage
Avatar

renaryuugufan92

913. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Nintendo better release this midnight on eShop or else I'm going to.......................................be a bit grumpy about it.

they are its on the eshop front page~

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

914. Posted:

@CapnPancakes I often have unpopular opinions. I guess I should be used to it by now. And I agree, we can totally have a civil discussion.

@DestinyMan Tidal Terror was one that stuck in my mind. If you felt like there was another level that would better show what I was trying to say, then why not say that in the first place?

I will get Tropical Freeze and I'm playing through Returns now. I don't have it preordered, but I know a place that sells Wii U games $10 less than MSRP.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

915. Posted:

@DudeSean: I mentioned Crowded Cavern. Another one I can think of is Blast & Bounce, but maybe it's just because I lost so many lives and kept making the same mistakes.

I love a good challenge, and I fully expect Tropical Freeze to deliver!

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

916. Posted:

Incoming music tracks! Disclaimer: your mind might be blown.

Busted Bayou

Big Top Bop

Alpine Incline (Ground)

Wing Ding

And my personal favorite, Scorch n' Torch

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

917. Posted:

@CapnPancakes: No, it's too close to release for me to spoil anymore. I'm sure the music is just phenomenal. I'm so exicted to see what new tunes Dave Wise has come up with!

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

luisesteban

918. Posted:

Tropical Freeze has a slow start in Japan, but the reporst are about physical copies. I'm pretty sure japs are getting a lot of games digital.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

919. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Blast wrote:

SkywardL wrote:

I'm not buying Tropical Freeze because I promise myself to stop buying Wii retail games and only Wii U experiences on Wii U.

... I don't mean to sound like a jerk but get out of this thread.

@SkywardL If you're looking for fanboys, this is the thread. All I said was that Returns had some trial and error and I got attacked by everyone in this thread.

@DudeSean sarcasm Ohhh... You think we're fanboys just because we found SkywardL's logic to be incredibly stupid???
WHATEVER!!!! >.>

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

920. Posted:

The fact that this game is having a slow start doesn't bother me at all.
I'm still getting this beautiful game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9