Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

WebHead

821. Posted:

I'll trust a Nintendo Life or even a Gameinformer review before I trust a Gamespot review. If you don't want the game because it's not Metroid or a new Star Fox or w.e. , it's your loss.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

nomarkreviewer

822. Posted:

All anyone needs to know is that it's more Donkey Kong, it's good and it's worth the price.

nomarkreviewer

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

823. Posted:

Well Destructoid gave it a 10 so that seals it for me. One weird thing to me about the Gamespot review was that his main complaint was bland level design. Pretty much every review I've read has stated that Tropical Freeze has outstanding level design that even tops that of Returns, but whatevaz.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

DRL

824. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Well Destructoid gave it a 10 so that seals it for me. One weird thing to me about the Gamespot review was that his main complaint was bland level design. Pretty much every review I've read has stated that Tropical Freeze has outstanding level design that even tops that of Returns, but whatevaz.

The level design is absolutely NOT bland in the slightest. There's so much variety on show, and the production values are out-of-this-world for a side scrolling platformer.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

nomarkreviewer

825. Posted:

DRL wrote:

There's so much variety on show, and the production values are out-of-this-world for a side scrolling platformer.

I think when you hold it up against Rayman Legends, I don't think it reaches the bar that game set, but it doesn't fall far short.

nomarkreviewer

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

826. Posted:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

DRL wrote:

There's so much variety on show, and the production values are out-of-this-world for a side scrolling platformer.

I think when you hold it up against Rayman Legends, I don't think it reaches the bar that game set, but it doesn't fall far short.

I've been thinking in that, I'm pretty sure DKTF will surpass what Rayman did.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

827. Posted:

DRL wrote:

You guys really are in for a treat on Friday. :)

Come on Amazon get it to my house on Wednesday please.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

828. Posted:

I'm going to have to get this game now, it looks to awesome to pass up. I'm going to have to get it a week or a couple days after the release though.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

829. Posted:

DRL wrote:

The level design is absolutely NOT bland in the slightest. There's so much variety on show, and the production values are out-of-this-world for a side scrolling platformer.

Judging by the few trailers that I've watched, that alone tells me the levels are not bland. I just can't believe the guy from that particular site said that. Totally gives me a hipster vibe, and I don't use that word lightly, or ever. That's just what I'm getting from it. "Oh, I'm going to go against the flow for the sake of it and say that this games levels are bland. That will get some attention." Seriously? Stop it. I know it's opinion, but.. it's wrong.

People comparing this to Rayman Legends have that right, but.. to be fair, Rayman Legends wasn't that much better than Origins. I was actually a bit disappointed with the campaign after seeing how innovative the first one was, although Murphy's missions were amazing and a great addition/idea. The online challenges on the other hand were insanely fun and that's where I spent most of my time. That's only because they were completely randomly generated and hard as hell to get a high score. That and the timed levels were great in campaign. The level designs in campaign.. I expected some epic stuff, the first one had levels that I needed to repeat OVER and OVER to beat, Legends didn't. The only levels I tried repeatedly in Legends were the challenges and a few of the timed levels with the ghost trying to kill you. All this being said, I'd probably rate Rayman Legends higher than Origins, despite the campaign being a bit lacking in difficulty. Maybe I just got so good at the game after playing the first that it made it that much easier, thus causing the disappointment. I love the game regardless. :P

I don't ever think games should get marked down because they're too much like their predecessors, especially when the predecessor itself is a high rated game. Unless it's obviously a cash grab release that could have been DLC.. I haven't played this game, but it certainly doesn't feel like that.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

830. Posted:

I pre-ordered this game on Amazon in October when it was $45, then a few weeks ago I thought about cancelling it because I haven't been gaming much, but the GameXplain video review finally got me excited for this one again. I'm glad you can play it with the pro controller and don't have to mess around with motion controls or blowing on the gamepad!

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

831. Posted:

As Destructoid is one of the few gaming sites worth consistently going to...I think I'll trust that review. Granted, I was going to get the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 regardless.

Might not get it for a bit though as I haven't even started Lost World yet...hmm...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

832. Posted:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Reviews are pretty on the money so far, Gamespot's is a little harsh, but I can see some people agreeing with those views.

>Gamespot

deviantART

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

833. Posted:

If Gamespot shouldn't be criticized for a review that goes against what others have said and complains about difficulty or whatever then they should be criticized for writing their opinions so poorly and poorly thought out that no one can take it seriously.

Or maybe they should be criticized for not being relevant to anyone with a brain since 2007 or so.

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

834. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

If Gamespot shouldn't be criticized for a review that goes against what others have said and complains about difficulty or whatever then they should be criticized for writing their opinions so poorly and poorly thought out that no one can take it seriously.

Or maybe they should be criticized for not being relevant to anyone with a brain since 2007 or so.

I lol'd at the last part. Honestly, I never check that site with any serious intent, I just go there for the sole purpose of seeing how ridiculously they review a game I'm looking forward too. Today was exactly what I expected from them. In fact, they shocked me with their A Link Between Worlds review and giving it the GOTY. I actually feel they were trolling to a certain extent with that as well. Not saying it was a bad game, seeing as I loved it.

I don't think I would mind their reviews half as badly if they explained things in a manner that wasn't ridiculous and borderline insulting to the game developers, especially in the case of DKC:TF. If it was labeled indie and wasn't Donkey Kong, but had the exact same gameplay and levels, it would probably get a 9. Not slighting indie games, that's just what I've come to expect from Gamespot.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Blast

835. Posted:

Gamespot: "Let's give a Nintendo game a bad score because its cool to make fun of Nintendo these days!!!"

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

836. Posted:

I'm starting to get nervous, but also very much looking forward to the challenge of this game. Pretty much every review has mentioned the difficulty.

I just wish we got something better than art work for finding all the jigsaw pieces. I never bothered finding them in DKCR because I didn't think it was worth the effort. At least you get new levels with finding the KONG pieces.

I think I'm going to complete the game first as normal then replay the whole thing and try get every letter piece. When I played Mario 3d World I felt as though I didn't want to move on from a world until I 100% it, but I don't think I'll be doing that with this as I get the feeling it would take me ages to get from one world to the next.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

837. Posted:

Hopefully this will be the first Wii U game I own that I can call a masterpiece. I'm excited. (But I have to get through this week first.)

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Datasun_7

838. Posted:

Apparently the game only has 8 levels less than dkcr, which seeing as it has two less worlds and the levels are much longer is quite impressive

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

839. Posted:

Datasun_7 wrote:

Apparently the game only has 8 levels less than dkcr, which seeing as it has two less worlds and the levels are much longer is quite impressive

I was a little bit worried at first, especially since Rayman Legends would be shorter than Origins without the post-delay content, but hearing that some of the levels are like 10 minutes long is awesome.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

840. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

I'm starting to get nervous, but also very much looking forward to the challenge of this game. Pretty much every review has mentioned the difficulty.

I just wish we got something better than art work for finding all the jigsaw pieces. I never bothered finding them in DKCR because I didn't think it was worth the effort. At least you get new levels with finding the KONG pieces.

I think I'm going to complete the game first as normal then replay the whole thing and try get every letter piece. When I played Mario 3d World I felt as though I didn't want to move on from a world until I 100% it, but I don't think I'll be doing that with this as I get the feeling it would take me ages to get from one world to the next.

I'm pretty worried bout the difficulty... tbh I never finished DK country (SNES) just cause I was so bad at it (didn't get through the fear factories). I'm great at FPS and RPG but an absolute fool when it comes to platform that require good timing and accuracy lol. Nevertheless I already know I'm gonna enjoy the game, I'll probably put my gamepad down the first minutes just to listen to the amazing soundtrack.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)