Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,203

Wolfgabe

About the Japanese sales opening sales mean nothing for Nintendo games as they are typically slow burners. Another thing to take into consideration is that DKCR released relatively late in the Wii's life cycle while Tropical Freeze is coming out when the Wii U is a little over a year old. Another factor might be that the game was released in February which is when a lot of people are still relatively burnt out from the Christmas rush.

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe

About the Japanese sales opening sales mean nothing for Nintendo games as they are typically slow burners. Another thing to take into consideration is that DKCR released relatively late in the Wii's life cycle while Tropical Freeze is coming out when the Wii U is a little over a year old. Another factor might be that the game was released in February which is when a lot of people are still relatively burnt out from the Christmas rush.

Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe

MasterWario

Um...you might want to delete some of those, lad. XD

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

JonnyKong

Plus there's also the fact a lot of the Japanese folk will be saving their money for the PS4 release next week.

My god, in less than 20 hours I'll be playing this, eek.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Booboos35

Gamespot's review seemed weird to me, they said levels were bland and so far EVERY review has said the complete oppisite. I saw 5/5,10/10,and 9/10's so I'm sold. So excited for Friday

The King Of Strong Style

cookiex

Nintendo better release this midnight on eShop or else I'm going to.......................................be a bit grumpy about it.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Rezalack

Wolfgabe wrote:

Not to mention that Japanese owned around 12 million Wiis when DKCR released and they only own 1.7 million Wii Us right now. Looking at it that way, DKC:TF really isn't doing that bad in comparison.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

renaryuugufan92

cookiex wrote:

Nintendo better release this midnight on eShop or else I'm going to.......................................be a bit grumpy about it.

they are its on the eshop front page~

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & XBONE
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, og DS, og 3DS & XL.
Hybri...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874 | Nintendo Network ID: Nick-kun13

DudeSean

@CapnPancakes I often have unpopular opinions. I guess I should be used to it by now. And I agree, we can totally have a civil discussion.

@DestinyMan Tidal Terror was one that stuck in my mind. If you felt like there was another level that would better show what I was trying to say, then why not say that in the first place?

I will get Tropical Freeze and I'm playing through Returns now. I don't have it preordered, but I know a place that sells Wii U games $10 less than MSRP.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

luisesteban

Tropical Freeze has a slow start in Japan, but the reporst are about physical copies. I'm pretty sure japs are getting a lot of games digital.

luisesteban

Blast

DudeSean wrote:

Blast wrote:

SkywardL wrote:

I'm not buying Tropical Freeze because I promise myself to stop buying Wii retail games and only Wii U experiences on Wii U.

... I don't mean to sound like a jerk but get out of this thread.

@SkywardL If you're looking for fanboys, this is the thread. All I said was that Returns had some trial and error and I got attacked by everyone in this thread.

@DudeSean sarcasm Ohhh... You think we're fanboys just because we found SkywardL's logic to be incredibly stupid???
WHATEVER!!!! >.>

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

The fact that this game is having a slow start doesn't bother me at all.
I'm still getting this beautiful game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Oragami

I preordered this today.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

suburban_sensei

I was going to hold off on buying this, because I didn't think I really had the money. Luckily, I had an issue with something I ordered on Amazon last week, and they gave me a $10 credit, so I decided to spring for DKC:TF at $40, can't go wrong. The music gets me so amped to play, it just stinks I have a calculus test that has to be done by Sunday as well as some other homework, and I work Saturday and Sunday....let the priority exchange BEGIN!

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

MasterWario

I'll look at those AFTER I play the game. I watched that video on the NintendoLife's front page and I'm done with spoilers till Friday.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic