Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,203

nomarkreviewer

UGXwolf wrote:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Pay close attention to the part of the trailer that features a rocket barrel, that level features a gameplay mechanic that's been all over the news of late.

Hard Mode, maybe?

Not DK news, but when people realise, it might make DK's release even bigger news.

nomarkreviewer

UGXwolf

nomarkreviewer wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Pay close attention to the part of the trailer that features a rocket barrel, that level features a gameplay mechanic that's been all over the news of late.

Hard Mode, maybe?

Not DK news, but when people realise, it might make DK's release even bigger news.

The effect of the rocket barrel flame on the water, maybe? I thought that was pretty cool, anyways.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Ryno

When are the actual reviews coming out?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

dumedum

Game Informer Feb 13, 2014
Just like the previous game, I yelled alternating cries of agony and relief working through particularly challenging areas. Almost everything is fair and doable with enough focus and patience; the bonus stages are a little ridiculous, but that's to be expected. [March 2014, p.89]

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Datasun_7

I want to know what GameSpot and ign gave Tf

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

holchasaur

nomarkreviewer wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Hard Mode, maybe?

Are you referring to how the rocket barrel is controlled with a single button, like Flappy Bird? If so, that mechanic was introduced in Returns.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

LucinaSmash

Since it's Valentine's Day (because I love the Wii U), I hope that Tropical Freeze sells more units than Super Mario 3D World

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

KoopaTrooper

I was sold on this game a long time ago. Preordered it and now I try and stay away from trailers and other revealing things. I like to know as little as possible about the game before I play it. I already know I'm going to love it. Kind of how I approach most movies I'm interested in.

Though I have to say the rocket barrel levels are usually my least favorite.

KoopaTrooper

KoopaTrooper

DestinyMan wrote:

I pre-ordered Tropical Freeze today. I thought about just ordering it online, but I want to play this ASAP on Friday, so picking it up at GameStop it will be.

If you do the Nintendo Rewards program you can get an extra +10 coins, beyond the coins you get when you register the game, if you do their preorder questionnaire. I believe you have to enter the code within a few days of it being released. Offer expires today. Just a FYI

Edited on by KoopaTrooper

KoopaTrooper

JonnyKong

I have mine pre ordered from Simplygames. Sometimes they can be really nice and send out games a day early, fingers crossed!

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

JonnyKong

6 days to goooooo

dances

cookiex

JonnyKong wrote:

6 days to goooooo

dances

Untitled
I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Romeo

GameSpot is giving this game 5/10.....n/c
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718938-donkey-kong-country-tro...

if you actually try to click on the review.. you'll get 404, but the review score is already visible
dont worry though, we have always known that gamespot is an absolute joke..

also..the reviewer is absolutely bias.. as seen here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wrestling-with-donkey-kong-c...

dont worry!
oh and Edge 7/10 for being too hard? too many casuals nowadays.. i hate it when games are too easy and you're told what to do and where to go 99% of the time

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

nomarkreviewer

DRL wrote:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Hard Mode, maybe?

Are you referring to how the rocket barrel is controlled with a single button, like Flappy Bird? If so, that mechanic was introduced in Returns.

I'm a new the the series, but yes, the minute I hit that level it was all I could think about. Even more surprised now you've mentioned Returns that it's not been brought up in Flappy Bird pieces online.

nomarkreviewer

JonnyKong

5/10 just screams troll/clickbait.

JonnyKong

In summary though so far we have,

Game Informer - 92%
Edge - 7/10
Official Nintendo Magazine - 86%
Some Swedish magazine - 7/10
Gamespot - 5/10
Famitsu 35/40

Hmm it looks like the game isn't blowing away the critics as much as I thought it would, but none the less I still think it looks frigging amazing.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Romeo

yea.. the 5/10 review is by a biased idiot, but the others worry me...
well.. 7/10 edge, they said it was too hard.. that's a plus for me!

but nintendo magazine "only" 86% and another 7/10, i dont know... the game itself and the levels look absolutely stunning and the gameplay seems to just scream "this is a donkey kong game", so i'm not quite sure what im worried about
kinda curious what the reviewers disliked about the game

if it's just "it's too hard".. then im happy

Romeo

JonnyKong

I've read both the Edge and Nintendo magazine reviews and they both say similar things in regards to the game using too many familiar safe ideas from the previous game instead of coming up with fresh new stuff, which is fair enough, but I don't see that as an issue personally. Nintendo Mag also criticised the game for having a whole world being just water levels and they said a couple of the water levels were really dull, but they were in between amazing levels.

Datasun_7

Haha GameSpot gave it 5/10? Reminds me of Luigi's mansion 2 xP an d skyward sword both are like my favourite Nintendo games still bad reviews will only hurt it sales

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

nomarkreviewer

How did you find out the Gamespot review score?

nomarkreviewer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.