Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 581 to 600 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

581. Posted:

Damn it Destinyman, always coming in to post news before me haha.

I read over on Neogaf that the German Gamespot awarded the game 86%. Their two main negatives were "the mine cart levels are too trial and error" and "the pointless Kung Pow move".

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

582. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

Damn it Destinyman, always coming in to post news before me haha.

I read over on Neogaf that the German Gamespot awarded the game 86%. Their two main negatives were "the mine cart levels are too trial and error" and "the pointless Kung Pow move".

I hate seeing stupid negatives like that. Trial and error, really? A lot of things can be considered trial and error. Of course the cart levels are going to be that way or they wouldn't be challenging. The Kung Pow thing (I'm assuming the end of a boss fight) is kind of pointless.. but a negative? I really wonder how much points they knocked off because of these things.

I preordered this game from Newegg for $44.99 and free shipping.. but I'm seriously considering cancelling that and going to pick it up morning of release at Best Buy. Shipping makes the wait that much more intolerable and especially with the weather we've been having recently.. could make it worse. Hmm.. save $5.00 or spend it to have the game earliar.. decisions decisions. >_<

Edited on by Spuratis

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

583. Posted:

I think they mean that move where the Kongs join up and wipe out all the enemies on the screen, but I don't have an issue with the move personally.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

584. Posted:

Yeah it's pointless, but it's not like it's really required to beat the game (to my knowledge), so why count it as a negative?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

585. Posted:

It's more useful than negative, in fact, I loved that they put that in considering how hard this game will turn out.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

cookiex

586. Posted:

Here's hoping eShop will have a midnight release for this (they had it for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem, so why not this?), then I can immediately purchase it and have the game downloaded and ready by morning. :)

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

587. Posted:

Reason why I'm not buying DK Country Tropical Freeze, Sakurai's HD Donkey Kong design from Smash Bros Nintendo Direct trailers is more impressive than Retro's final product.

hype train destinations: Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

588. Posted:

@SkywardL: Are you serious? Are you going to base your decision on whether or not to buy a game just by graphics alone? Big mistake; especially if you're judging by just screenshots and gameplay videos. I can guarantee you the game will look better in person. Besides, gameplay and the fun factor are what matter most.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

cookiex

589. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

Reason why I'm not buying DK Country Tropical Freeze, Sakurai's HD Donkey Kong design from Smash Bros Nintendo Direct trailers is more impressive than Retro's final product.

I have no idea on how to respond to such reasoning (if serious).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

590. Posted:

@SkywardL I bet you denied 3D World if the graphics were horrible huh? :P Graphics aren't the only thing that make a game good, the gameplay, music, etc, do.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

591. Posted:

Up in Nintendo of Canada, they're teasing something Tropical Freeze-related with a box buried in snow.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

592. Posted:

This game is easily one of the best-looking Wii U games to date, so to base your purchase decision on how DK looks is absurd. This game looks fantastic, and I'm sure it plays even better. An 86 is still a great score by any definition, and I'm sure there will be much more of the same from other outlets. Most of the negatives will probably be based around how hard the game is. It's silly, but I'm expecting it to happen some.

My son and I have been going through DKC Returns on 3DS the past couple weeks, and we're addicted. That game is a blast, and we are both excited for Tropical Freeze. It's been near the top of my list the last few months, and it will be the first game we get when we buy a Wii U soon.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

593. Posted:

I know my statement of deciding not to get the game is controversial. It's not the graphics that I'm turn off. I never did end up getting Returns despite of how gorgeous it was for a Wii title because I'm not impressive of the platforming. The gameplay is slower than the original SNES trilogy.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

594. Posted:

@SkywardL
Obviously you've never seen the last 3 worlds of DKCR then. Those contain some of the most intense and fast paced levels I've seen in a platformer.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

595. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

I know my statement of deciding not to get the game is controversial. It's not the graphics that I'm turn off. I never did end up getting Returns despite of how gorgeous it was for a Wii title because I'm not impressive of the platforming. The gameplay is slower than the original SNES trilogy.

It's not smart to base your beliefs on the first few worlds. Early games struggled with accessibility due to starting out too hard. Just because this game starts out easy doesn't mean it can't get to insane level difficulty. DKCR (and more so, the 3DS remake) got absolutely nuts, so why shouldn't this game?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

596. Posted:

There could be one more Nintendo Direct before Tropical Freeze release, might finally impressive me similar to what happen to Super Mario 3D World.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

597. Posted:

Remember when Donkey Kong played a Nintendo DS Lite in Returns?
Untitled
This time he plays a 3DS XL in Tropical Freeze.
Untitled
It would be creepy if he's playing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

598. Posted:

Hah! Love it when he does that! :D

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

599. Posted:

http://nintendoeverything.com/game-informer-review-scores-mar...

Whoop whoop

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

600. Posted:

@JonnyKong: Good; a 9.25 out of 10!

Also, here's some details from the GameInformer review.

• Seems like generic worlds, ice, beach, jungle but “the variety is amazing”
  • Ride minecarts through saw mills, dash through a forest with a raging fire, etc.
  • Great difficulty balance, bonus stages are a bit ridiculous in difficulty though that is expected.
  • Water levels return, are very fun, better to control with analog stick than d-pad. For some reason you have to access the menu to pick one or the other.
  • Dixie and Cranky add new moves that work best to reach certain collectibles or specific platforming challenges. Rotating barrels allow you to select the best Kong for the job.
  • “Local Co-op is as much a mixed bag as the first installment.”
  • 6 worlds instead of 8 in the last game. But each level is larger. Reviewer says it rather have a smaller collection of the best levels Retro can make than a more bloated game with less quality levels and that is exactly what this game does.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse