Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

541. Posted:

A short tour of the first four world maps. As I've mentioned before, the Kongs actually walk around on the world map this time instead of having an icon float over it like before. This is faithful to the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

542. Posted:

Full Intro

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

543. Posted:

Something around the 2:05 mark, anyone get DK64 feels out of the music?
Also, I must be the only one who thinks K.Rool has nothing to do with this. Let go of the past, people. There are new villains ahoy!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

544. Posted:

@Dreamy You're not alone, out with the old, in with the new! Ya'know?

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

545. Posted:

@Dark - Exactly! Take the pic you're using for your avi right now. He's cool (no pun intended) and looks very intimidating. I feel that eerie chill of a vibe would be taken away if it was all "Oh, it was K. Rool the whole time".

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

546. Posted:

I do love a good world map.

Looks like there's lots of hidden/alternative paths on there too.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

547. Posted:

I'm an old-school Donkey Kong Country fan and love the Kremlings and K. Rool, but I admit that the Snowmads are worthy successors of them. They're better than the stoic, not-as-animated tikis. The Snowmads actually have some personality compared to them. As a villain, the Snowmad leader also runs circles around Tiki Tong. A dark, spooky walrus is cooler than a giant, wooden Andross knockoff, and I imagine there's much more to the Snowmad leader than meets the eye. I hope the final battle is epic!

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

548. Posted:

@DestinyMan - DKCR is right up there with DKC1 and 2 to me, but I agree that the Tikis are rather 'meh' in comparison to the Snowmads now. You never saw Tiki Tong until the very end but you get a glimpse of the Snowmad Leader from the get-go which is part of the reason why I prefer the latter.

Also, looking at the video shows the flying ice creature more clearly. What I thought was a bird is actually more of a dragon by the looks of things.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

549. Posted:

Yeah, I too agree that I love that we're fighting animals again. The tikis felt very lame and out of place IMO. I also for some reason want the final boss to be like the amazing SM3DW: creative and epic.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

550. Posted:

I hope the final boss isn't as difficult as it was on Returns :(

I could never beat him and felt like a total loser.

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

551. Posted:

This is going to be the best 2D platformer in years. So hype for the 21st. Every clip of the music and gameplay is just god like.

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

nomarkreviewer

552. Posted:

Hey folks, currently playing through DK:TF for review. This is my first DK game, but I need some assistance from more experienced fans of the franchise. Some of the levels on the world map are locked out and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how they are unlocked. There doesn't appear to be any info in the game on how to do it. As the paths to them only branch off from specific levels, I thought maybe you may need to collect all the jigsaw pieces from those specific levels in order to unlock the path, but then I've got no idea what collecting all the jigsaw pieces would do on the levels that weren't connected to this locked out levels.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

nomarkreviewer

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

553. Posted:

I just assumed some levels have secret exits maybe?

I asked in here a few days back what do the jigsaw pieces give you, but nobody answered :(

AuthorMessage

Blast

554. Posted:

Now that I have a Wii U... I can actually get this game :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

555. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

I hope the final boss isn't as difficult as it was on Returns :(

I could never beat him and felt like a total loser.

I had the opposite experience and found the final boss stupidly easy but world 8 really hard.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

556. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

I just assumed some levels have secret exits maybe?

I asked in here a few days back what do the jigsaw pieces give you, but nobody answered :(

I'm pretty sure you just unlock art in the image gallery, nothing too great.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

557. Posted:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

Hey folks, currently playing through DK:TF for review. This is my first DK game, but I need some assistance from more experienced fans of the franchise. Some of the levels on the world map are locked out and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how they are unlocked. There doesn't appear to be any info in the game on how to do it. As the paths to them only branch off from specific levels, I thought maybe you may need to collect all the jigsaw pieces from those specific levels in order to unlock the path, but then I've got no idea what collecting all the jigsaw pieces would do on the levels that weren't connected to this locked out levels.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

I warn before you read on, my post does contain spoilers. I don't know how to do a spoiler tag, so I suggest skipping this post, if one doesn't appear.

If it's anything like DKCR, some hidden levels require you to obtain all the KONG letters from all the levels in the world. While we've seen footage, and there are some hidden exits in the game. For instance, the rocket barrel level in World 4 has a secret exit beneath the finish barrel, but requires you to have Dixie as your partner to reach it due to a heavy water stream keeping you away from the secret exit.

There were also levels in DKCR that required keys for you to access them. These were obtained in the item shop. (No spoiler tag, as this is immediately evident to anyone playing the first game.) It's quite possible that if there are no keys in the item shop, one may be obtained by finding it in the level.

One thing's for sure, this game's gonna be a completionist's wet dream.

Oh, and @JohnnyKong and @Spuratis Yes, the puzzle pieces unlocked art from the developers.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

nomarkreviewer

558. Posted:

I'll look out for keys in the shop and in the levels. If they're in the levels, they're exceedingly well hidden, but thanks for the tip.

If anyone has any questions about the game so far, I'm happy to try and answer some, although I can't say too much for obvious reasons. I've only reached the Island 2 boss currently, which either speaks to the challenge of the game, my lack of time with it so far or my lack of ability.

Edited on by nomarkreviewer

nomarkreviewer

AuthorMessage

arronishere

559. Posted:

nomarkreviewer wrote:

I'll look out for keys in the shop and in the levels. If they're in the levels, they're exceedingly well hidden, but thanks for the tip.

If anyone has any questions about the game so far, I'm happy to try and answer some, although I can't say too much for obvious reasons. I've only reached the Island 2 boss currently, which either speaks to the challenge of the game, my lack of time with it so far or my lack of ability.

I take it the game is just like the last one where it's on a higher difficulty level than say New Super Mario Bros?

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

nomarkreviewer

560. Posted:

There are some levels that definitely stand out for their difficulty and I assume it may ramp up as I progress further into the game. I think fans will find a lot of additional difficulty in collecting everything as there's definitely added challenge there. Only one level has made me want to toss the controller across the room so far. Level 2-2 if I remember correctly.

nomarkreviewer