Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,203

ThePirateCaptain

@SkywardL
Obviously you've never seen the last 3 worlds of DKCR then. Those contain some of the most intense and fast paced levels I've seen in a platformer.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

UGXwolf

SkywardL wrote:

I know my statement of deciding not to get the game is controversial. It's not the graphics that I'm turn off. I never did end up getting Returns despite of how gorgeous it was for a Wii title because I'm not impressive of the platforming. The gameplay is slower than the original SNES trilogy.

It's not smart to base your beliefs on the first few worlds. Early games struggled with accessibility due to starting out too hard. Just because this game starts out easy doesn't mean it can't get to insane level difficulty. DKCR (and more so, the 3DS remake) got absolutely nuts, so why shouldn't this game?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LucinaSmash

There could be one more Nintendo Direct before Tropical Freeze release, might finally impressive me similar to what happen to Super Mario 3D World.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

kkslider5552000

I'm happy at Dr. Luigi being rated higher than Lightning Returns.

But I don't think I need GI to tell me the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 is awesome...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JonnyKong

I've read on another site that the embargo for this game lifts on the 17th Feb, 2pm UK time if anyone's interested.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

ThePirateCaptain

This may be the first game I preorder in years, I'm just that excited for it.

ThePirateCaptain

LucinaSmash

DK x Metroid crossover. The space pirates stole all the bananas, the ingredient for creating the ultimate metroid. Samus partners with Donkey Kong, switch gameplay between platforming and exploration.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm happy at Dr. Luigi being rated higher than Lightning Returns.

But I don't think I need GI to tell me the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 is awesome...

@kkslider5552000 FF: LR got a freaking 7... I bet it got a 7 because of the terrible story. I don't care about review scores that much but wow... a 7....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

nomarkreviewer

JonnyKong wrote:

I've read on another site that the embargo for this game lifts on the 17th Feb, 2pm UK time if anyone's interested.

That's a damn good guess

nomarkreviewer

ThePirateCaptain

Omg, I just found out two more songs that got remixed aside from Aquatic Ambiance

Lockjaw's Saga and Stickerbrush Symphony, check them out here

ThePirateCaptain

MasterWario

CapnPancakes wrote:

Omg, I just found out two more songs that got remixed aside from Aquatic Ambiance

Lockjaw's Saga and Stickerbrush Symphony, check them out here

Sweet. Funny thing I was just humming the former today. Now if only we could get Boss Bossanova/Krook's March.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

ThePirateCaptain

Here's a video from Official Nintendo Magazine showcasing 10 of their favorite parts of the game. It shows off some good footage so check it out.

ThePirateCaptain

JonnyKong

Nope, I'm not gonna watch it. Need to stop spoiling things!

Rezalack

JonnyKong wrote:

Nope, I'm not gonna watch it. Need to stop spoiling things!

I know what you mean.. I've only watched like 3 trailers for the game. I almost had to unsub GameXplain because they have a habit of putting semi-spoilers in their thumbnails.. IE: Bosses pictures and what not. It's not a big deal, but I like being surprised. -_-

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

JonnyKong

I caved.

I hate myself.

Rezalack

JonnyKong wrote:

I caved.

I hate myself.

LOL. The willpower is strong with this one.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

JonnyKong

@destinyman nice new avatar you have there. I think more people should change their avatar to a member of the Kong family to celebrate the release of the game. If I didn't love Lanky so much I'd definitely go for Chunky.

DudeSean

JonnyKong wrote:

Damn it Destinyman, always coming in to post news before me haha.

I read over on Neogaf that the German Gamespot awarded the game 86%. Their two main negatives were "the mine cart levels are too trial and error" and "the pointless Kung Pow move".

I'm assuming they mean that you have to play the level to find out what happens instead of being given enough time to react to what's going to happen. Some of the levels in DKCR were like that as well, and I didn't like it then, either. When you die in a game, you should feel like it was a fair death because you did something wrong. But when you die just because something happened that you didn't know was going to happen, then that's cheap.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.