Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 361 to 380 of 1,333

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

361. Posted:

I'm not gonna bother guessing that 5th character, though I will say that it's most likely another Kong. Honestly, it could be anybody. Not K. Rool, though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WebHead

362. Posted:

I'm gonna guess Kiddy Kong.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

363. Posted:

Thing is, it has to be someone small enough to ride on DK's back, so that would rule out a big character like Funky Kong or King K. Rool. Kiddy Kong may still have a chance then if there really is a fifth playable character.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

364. Posted:

I find it really cool that the bramble level revealed last night is inspired by the ones in Donkey Kong Country 2. It even has the same name as a bramble level from DKC2, Bramble Scramble! It makes me wish that a remix of Stickerbrush Symphony would play there even though this game has almost all new music.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

365. Posted:

@DestinyMan - Wait, it's been confirmed that all of the music is new? I read somewhere a while back that the music that played in the mine cart demo level sounded like a remix of a DKC3 song.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

366. Posted:

Over time I feel really bad for this game. Ever since the initial announcement people were adverse about about it because it wasn't the Metroid or Star Fox or F-Zero they were hoping for.

Now, though not directly related at the game, many are disappointed that this was shown last night instead of something else. Poor DK can't catch a break...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

367. Posted:

Come on Lanky! I bet the 5th player will be an end game unlockable, ala Rosalina.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

368. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

@DestinyMan - Wait, it's been confirmed that all of the music is new? I read somewhere a while back that the music that played in the mine cart demo level sounded like a remix of a DKC3 song.

I learned it from this source in which the producer Tanabe talked about how he got David Wise on board

How David Wise Came Back for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/19/how-david-wise-came-back...

• Tanabe revealed that the music in Tropical Freeze will all be original. “Yet, there will be some familiarities… you can hear that it is David Wise,” he added

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

369. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

How David Wise Came Back for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/19/how-david-wise-came-back...

• Tanabe revealed that the music in Tropical Freeze will all be original. “Yet, there will be some familiarities… you can hear that it is David Wise,” he added

Best news yet, regarding this game.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

370. Posted:

Some more info about the game..

Snowmads are made up of penguins, owls, rabbits, sea lions, and walruses

• Diddy Kong’s cartwheel attack useful for close attacks
  • Use Kong Pow with Diddy to turn all enemies on the screen into extra balloons
  • As previously mentioned, Dixie’s Kong Pow turns onscreen enemies into gold hearts
  • Dixie’s ponytail is like a propeller underwater for extra speed
  • Enemies will get tougher as you progress
  • Tucks (penguin-like enemies) start out with Donkey Kong being able to take them out by jumping on their heads or rolling into them
  • Later, they’ll have spears and helmets at their disposal, so you can only attack them from behind
  • Tucks will then come with double-sided spears and spiked helmets, so they must be stunned first before you can attack
  • 6 islands
  • 6-7 levels per island
  • Boss stage and a bonus level as well
  • Bonus level unlocks after collecting all KONG letters in each level
  • World 1: Lost Mangroves (rainforest, vine grabbing, zip-lining)
  • World 2: Autumn Heights (Bavarian-like mountain, mine carts, hot-air balloons, giant owls, jagged cliff faces)
  • World 3: Bright Savannah (tall grass, orange/brown colors, like an African safari, dodge brush fire and penguins with spears)
  • World 4: Sea Breeze Cove (blue harbors, sandy inlets, lots of swimming, dodge electric seaweed and manage air supply)
  • World 5: Juicy Jungle (tropical forest that produces a rare fruit, home to an elaborate processing plant, jump off jellies to reach new heights)
  • World 6: DK Island (Donkey Kong’s tree house has been frosted over, has homages to levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns)
  • Will always control Donkey Kong in single-player
  • Side characters add to Donkey Kong’s abilities
  • Subtle differences between the side characters
  • Can switch between side characters by breaking barrels in the levels
  • Icons on the barrels rotate slowly so that you can pick your partner
  • Offers challenging gameplay

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

371. Posted:

The Kongs
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

372. Posted:

Cool picture! I was hoping someone would make one with all four characters.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

DRL

373. Posted:

My money is still on Funky (or rather his plane) being playable in the way of horizontal shooting stages that take the Kongs from island to island. I know it's a stretch, but it sounds dang awesome. Those mosquito levels were great in Rayman Origins!

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

374. Posted:

@DRL: I have a feeling Funky will transport the Kongs around the six islands in his barrel plane on the world map, but I don't believe he'll be the fifth playable character.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

375. Posted:

I will love you forever retro/david wise if you put in a stickerbrush sympthiony reference song in the game.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Currently Nominating Best Spooky VGMs and Best RPG Battle Music

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

CM30

376. Posted:

Personally, I'm kind of happy they aren't putting one in.

Crazy? Sure. But think about it.

They've got the original composer back for the game. The person who came up with the first Stickerbrust Symphony.

Much better to get him to make an all new soundtrack at the same level of quality as the originals rather than just remix older songs for fan service reasons.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

377. Posted:

@CM30: I agree; it's better for them to have Wise make some new classics. Although it wouldn't have to be an outright remix, he could still add some "familiarties" that would sound like some of the notes from Stickerbrush Symphony in the bramble level. Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road immediately comes to mind with the way its music integrated the N64's Rainbow Road theme.

This game is in need of a Super Mario 3D World-like revival. I'm trying my best not to be worried, but it does seem like this game's image has been hurt among even Nintendo fans. Mario 3D World has become a new model for how a video game can turn around when it comes to hype, so there's still hope.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

378. Posted:

With tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, Tropical Freeze should get a good trailer to get more people hyped. I want to see more of Cranky Kong in a better light along with neat, little surprises.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

379. Posted:

Cranky Kong trailer

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

cookiex

380. Posted:

February 21st for both EU and NA, sweet! :)

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador