Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,324

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

301. Posted:

That's ... just awful. An old ape who can't even stand up straight is supposed to be jumping and bouncing around all these levels? Clearly he would break his back in the first level. Okay, maybe I'm taking it too literal, but it still sounds absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather have Funky Kong as a playable character than Cranky. I'd rather have Kiddy, Chunky or Lanky. Almost anyone rather than an old, hunch backed ape.

And unless we can actually play as these other characters in one player mode, I don't care who any of the secondary characters are. It doesn't matter if Dixie's in the game if I can't play as her unless I convince someone else to play as DK. But how am I going to do that? Obviously if I want to play as Diddy or Dixie over DK then they're going to think that Diddy or Dixie is a better character and they won't want to play as DK. Maybe I'll just go play the original SNES games instead...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

302. Posted:

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Cranky Kong could be playable, and unless this is a very talented Photoshop boxart, it looks too real to be false. It should be very interesting to see how he'll fight. Cranky always did claim he could beat DK and his friends at their own game. He'll have to prove himself now.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

303. Posted:

Poor Lanky, never gets another chance to shine :(

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

304. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I'd rather have Funky Kong as a playable character than Cranky. I'd rather have Kiddy, Chunky or Lanky. Almost anyone rather than an old, hunch backed ape.

Speaking of awful ideas... ;)

Funky Kong is one of the worst Kong characters IMO. He should be left out completely. At least Cranky has a long history with the games and is someone every DKC player knows about, no matter which game you played. Neither Lanky nor Chunky have ever been in the DKC series, so they shouldn't be in it to begin with.

It's going to be interesting to see how he's implemented. I'm eagerly awaiting a trailer.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Swiket

305. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

That's ... just awful. An old ape who can't even stand up straight is supposed to be jumping and bouncing around all these levels? Clearly he would break his back in the first level. Okay, maybe I'm taking it too literal, but it still sounds absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather have Funky Kong as a playable character than Cranky. I'd rather have Kiddy, Chunky or Lanky. Almost anyone rather than an old, hunch backed ape.

Really? That's where your suspension of disbelief breaks? This forum makes me laugh sometimes.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

306. Posted:

I think we'll get an official Cranky announcement in the next Direct presentation.

Oh god, I hope announcing Cranky as the fourth character isn't the "big surprise" Reggie has on Sunday. Talk about a letdown.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

307. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

It's funny, for the exact same reasons I want him in the game.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

cookiex

308. Posted:

This game has animal vikings freezing down a tropical island, and people think an old ape being able to jump around sounds too ridiculous?

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

309. Posted:

@Cookiex: That, and in Returns, Donkey Kong punched the Moon and made it fall down and crush the Tiki Tong Tower back inside the volcano before popping back into space. Almost anything can happen in DK's world.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

SLiM

310. Posted:

Playing Cranky Kong sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully they give him some different abilities so that gameplay changes when you play with him. Maybe using his cane as a pogo stick? :-D

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7489-4974
NNID: SLiM33

AuthorMessage

CM30

311. Posted:

No one remembers Cranky Kong's dojo minigame thing in Donkey Kong Country 3 GBA? The old guy can take care of himself fine.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

312. Posted:

@CM30: Yes, I remember, and it looks like all that hedgehog deflecting may finally pay off! It's not "Cranky Kong Country", but it'll do.

He's also smart enough to make his own potions if he needed to strengthen himself.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

313. Posted:

SLiM wrote:

Playing Cranky Kong sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully they give him some different abilities so that gameplay changes when you play with him. Maybe using his cane as a pogo stick? :-D

Hey, this is Donkey Kong Country, not DuckTales. :)

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

cookiex

314. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Cranky Kong could be playable, and unless this is a very talented Photoshop boxart, it looks too real to be false.

If it does turn out to be fake (I seriously doubt it), I would give major props to whoever made it for their mad photoshop skills.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

315. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

This game has animal vikings freezing down a tropical island, and people think an old ape being able to jump around sounds too ridiculous?

Actually, it's just me. Everyone else seems to think that an old, hunchbacked ape is a great idea for a playable character. Apparently, Funky Kong is a worse idea than Cranky. And I'm the one that's being silly.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Platypus

316. Posted:

As long as the new character isn't Kiddy Kong, I'll be happy. I still wish they would make a new Kong to play as though, a lot of the older characters don't seem like they would fit in well.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

317. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Actually, it's just me. Everyone else seems to think that an old, hunchbacked ape is a great idea for a playable character. Apparently, Funky Kong is a worse idea than Cranky. And I'm the one that's being silly.

Well, to be honest; the unnecessary rant you gave earlier didn't do you any favours. Likewise, Funky gave off a terrible first impression in Mario Kart Wii, which is why I couldn't care less about the concept of him being playable. With that said, if he did; I would've accepted it and gave him a chance. As should you with Cranky. Also, don't try to demean Cranky with the 'old, hunchbacked ape' wordplay when other characters include 'a hat and vest wearing chimp' and an 'ape who wears a tie'.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

318. Posted:

To be fair, Cranky would probably be riding on DK's back anyway, so it's not like he would be putting himself through strenuous activities that could endanger the health of an old ape.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Knux

319. Posted:

Untitled

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

320. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Well, to be honest; the unnecessary rant you gave earlier didn't do you any favours. Likewise, Funky gave off a terrible first impression in Mario Kart Wii, which is why I couldn't care less about the concept of him being playable. With that said, if he did; I would've accepted it and gave him a chance. As should you with Cranky. Also, don't try to demean Cranky with the 'old, hunchbacked ape' wordplay when other characters include 'a hat and vest wearing chimp' and an 'ape who wears a tie'.

I don't speak my mind in order to get people to like me. If I speak my mind and others don't agree with it, then so be it. I'm just saying my opinion, which is all anyone here is doing. If others are doing in order to win the favors of others, then that's sad, in my opinion.

Funky Kong's first game was DKC1 on the SNES, so I'm not sure how you got your first impression of Funky from Mario Kart Wii. And what was so bad about his appearance in Mario Kart Wii? He was just another character, as far as I've ever been concerned.

The description I gave of Cranky is accurate. He is an old, hunchbacked ape. And your argument about calling Diddy "a hat and vest wearing chip" and calling DK "an ape who wears a tie," well, at least those descriptions sound cooler than "old, hunchbacked ape," right? All accurate descriptions, it's up to the reader to determine whether it sounds good or not. When I read "Cranky as a playable character" it translates in my head as "Old hunchbacked ape as a playable character." That's my perspective on the matter. You guys have a different perspective and that's fine with me. I'm not attacking you guys for having your opinions. I'm simply defending the right to have my own.

CapnPancakes wrote:

To be fair, Cranky would probably be riding on DK's back anyway, so it's not like he would be putting himself through strenuous activities that could endanger the health of an old ape.

1. What about in two player mode? Would Cranky just not be playable then?
2. What benefit would DK have to having an old... I mean, having Cranky Kong on his back? Would he nag the characters to death?

DudeSean