Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

281. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I still like the original trilogy a lot better than DKC:R. I hope I like Tropical Freeze more, but it looks like it's going to be a lot like DKC:R. Plus, I wish the graphical style was more like the original. The way it is now it looks like Mario and company could just hop right into the levels and not look out of place at all. Mario from Super Mario World would have looked very out of place in the SNES DKC games. It was more realistics, but still cartoony. I wish they would have gone with that graphical style.

So you want the graphics to look like crap?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

282. Posted:

@DudeSean I have to disagree I feel the art style is fine and retains the charm of the original DKC games and that level design and pacing has been greatly improved.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

283. Posted:

I don't really know what else they could do with the visuals in this game. DK has always had impressive 3D graphics and I don't see Tropical Freeze as an exception. Having it look more realistic would look kind of strange considering the premise of the game.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

cookiex

284. Posted:

The original DKC's graphics tried to show what was possible with detailed 3D renderings on the SNES, it wasn't much about following any sort of art style really.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

285. Posted:

yeah, it would be like saying Mortal Kombat should go back what the first games did with graphics. I'm not sure that would be wise for any reason.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

286. Posted:

The graphics look really nice from everything I've seen so far. There are plenty of different types of levels too which will make things more unique. This one is shaping up to be very good, and February can't get here soon enough.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

287. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

I still like the original trilogy a lot better than DKC:R. I hope I like Tropical Freeze more, but it looks like it's going to be a lot like DKC:R. Plus, I wish the graphical style was more like the original. The way it is now it looks like Mario and company could just hop right into the levels and not look out of place at all. Mario from Super Mario World would have looked very out of place in the SNES DKC games. It was more realistics, but still cartoony. I wish they would have gone with that graphical style.

So you want the graphics to look like crap?

I take it you didn't like the graphical style of the SNES DKC games? Because I happened to like them. To each their own, I suppose.

Jazzer94 wrote:

@DudeSean I have to disagree I feel the art style is fine and retains the charm of the original DKC games and that level design and pacing has been greatly improved.

Well, the art style is different than the original DKC games, although, I never did say that it was bad, but just that it seemed too much like a Mario game. I also didn't comment on the level design or pacing, but even then, I prefer the SNES games. Again, not that the DKC:R levels are bad (although some did frustrate me quite a bit) I just prefer the originals.

CapnPancakes wrote:

I don't really know what else they could do with the visuals in this game. DK has always had impressive 3D graphics and I don't see Tropical Freeze as an exception. Having it look more realistic would look kind of strange considering the premise of the game.

Was it strange back in the snes days when it took on a more realistic look? Maybe. But I still like it better, one reason being, it helps separate it from the Mario games. As it is now, it looks like an extension of the Mario games.

cookiex wrote:

The original DKC's graphics tried to show what was possible with detailed 3D renderings on the SNES, it wasn't much about following any sort of art style really.

I'm sure the graphic artists that worked on the original DKC games wouldn't be too happy to hear that.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

288. Posted:

I'm really looking forward to hearing and seeing more about this game, which probably won't happen much until after Super Mario 3D World is released. Specifically, I want to learn more about the Vikings. Not just what their leader looks like (I have a feeling he's a big, mean polar bear) but what business do they have with the Kongs to want to conquer their island? They apparently didn't learn from what happened to the Kremlings and tikis when they dared try to mess with Donkey Kong. The ape would be so ticked even if he had his food stolen, much less his own island home.
Untitled

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

289. Posted:

Gametrailers will be showing off a couple of new levels for this game on thursday night :)

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

290. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

Gametrailers will be showing off a couple of new levels for this game on thursday night :)

Yes, I had a feeling there would be new Donkey Kong information after the release of Super Mario 3D World! What time?

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

291. Posted:

I'm not entirely sure of time. I spotted the info on this link,

http://nintendoeverything.com/gt-tv-nintendo-power-teaser-new...

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

292. Posted:

More tidbits..

• First big game for Wii U next year
  • Jolly Jamboree level
  • Jelly blobs bounce you
  • Enemy characters bounce as well, flip in the air
  • Jolly Jamboree is one of the later levels
  • 6 islands
  • Go from island to island
  • Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong trying to take back the island from the Snomads
  • “Kong Pow” – collect 100 bananas, fill up meter, then the players need to time the C button press at the same time to get the new ability to work
  • This destroys all enemies on screen
  • Transforms them into items
  • Items depend on which buddy character you’re playing as (Dixie, Diddy, etc.)
  • Dixie: transforms them into golden hearts
  • Each golden heart gives you an extra hit before turning into a red heart
  • If playing by yourself, can still do a Kong Pow
  • In single-player, you’re in control of both characters
  • First level back on DK Island: Homecoming Hijinx
  • All completely frozen
  • Will see little hints that may remind you of the first level from Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • All levels on DK Island are different this time
  • Bill Trinen says the levels are quite challenging in the game
  • Ice has frozen elements in the environment
  • Jump on platforms and cause ice to crack/break
  • Platforms will break off, other elements will start to collapse
  • Plucking ability: pull things out of the ground which triggers different elements in the environment
  • Enhanced ability to pick up and throw objects around
  • Big change with the camerawork
  • This lets Retro do different things with the minecart levels in particulars

AuthorMessage

cookiex

293. Posted:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey...

Footage of new levels starting @ 5:25.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

294. Posted:

It still disappointingly looks like we won't be able to play as Diddy or Dixie in 1 player mode, a very simple feature that was in all three of the original DKC games.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

295. Posted:

What is the release date for this game now, I heard it was unfortunately pushed out of the holiday season, I would assume early 2014, but I'm not sure.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

296. Posted:

Sometime in February.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

297. Posted:

Seems like Amazon might have reveled the 4th playable character in the game when posting a updated box art:
Untitled

Would be pretty cool.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

taffy

298. Posted:

@19Robb92 Might be an idea to list that as a spoiler in case people don't want to see it

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
3DS Friend code: 1160-9770-9674
Currently playing:
3DS - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Wii U - Mass Effect 3

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

299. Posted:

taffy wrote:

@19Robb92 Might be an idea to list that as a spoiler in case people don't want to see it

He's on the cover of the game..

You're going to see it no matter what anyway. That's not something I'd call spoiler.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

300. Posted:

I'm guessing we'll be getting a "Cranky" video soon now. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. It doesn't completely confirm he's the fourth playable character, but that would be pretty goofy to have him on the cover instead unless he plays another big part in the game. I'm guessing he's probably the fourth playable character though.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13