Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 261 to 280 of 1,307

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

261. Posted:

Ugh I hated the rocket barrel levels.

Anyway, personally the trailer didn't blow me away as much as I wanted, but it still looks a lot of fun. I couldn't help but compare it to Rayman legends though, there's an awful lot of similarity, apart from the obvious non-similar things such as the barrel blasting and the awesome looking mine cart levels.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

262. Posted:

That video was enjoyable, and I hope they give us a few more in the future to keep us going until release day. This game looks spectacular, and I'm sure it's going to be one of the best Wii U games available. I'm definitely getting it day one.

@Ryno: I'm kinda hoping the next Donkey Kong game will be 3D as well. That would really open things up even more and make for a great game. Since this one is being released so early in the Wii U life cycle, hopefully we'll get another one for the system a couple years down the road.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

263. Posted:

I'm sick of people panning this game for not being Metroid as I was about people panning Super Mario 3D World for being unimaginative. At least that crowd has shut up, and hopefully Tropical Freeze will shut up its naysayers as well.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Ryno

264. Posted:

@DestinyMan; I think most people have moved past that, no?

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

265. Posted:

Words cannot describe the anticipation I have for this game.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

266. Posted:

I'm still pretty impressed with the minecart level from the trailer. That's going to look seriously cool in person.

The music in the trailer sounds so bright and cheerful too!

Edited on by DestinyMan

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

267. Posted:

The burning jungle
Untitled

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

268. Posted:

The burning jungle looks extremely legit! Thanks for posting random pics from videos by the way. I always enjoy seeing them in these threads!

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

269. Posted:

If you look really closely in the latest trailer, you'll see Dixie shoot with her own popgun like Diddy. However, I couldn't get a good view of what it looked like, so I didn't know what it was. Now I just learned from one of my favorite Miiverse artists that it's actually a gumball popgun!
Untitled
It's inspired by Dixie Kong blowing a bubble in her past game appearances since she likes bubblegum.
Untitled

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

KolbStomp

270. Posted:

You know what would be cool? Online Co-op! Not holding my breath though...

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

271. Posted:

This doesn't look good. It looks like you won't be able to play as Diddy or Dixie in 1-player mode. How can Retro not get something right that was done right 20 years ago on a far inferior (technically) machine!

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

272. Posted:

@Sean
Because it's a different game. Not to mention that playing as different Kongs in the old games, they were barely different from each other. Did you really play as anyone other than Dixie anyway?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

273. Posted:

It's a different game, but it's in the same series. It's a newer game in the series missing a feature that existed in the older games in the series.

The fact that they were barely different from each other in the old games is a very poor reason for why you can't play as them in the new ones, especially considering the fact that they are even more different now. It is impossible to play as Diddy or Dixie in the new DKC games with 1 player. That is a HUGE mistake as far as I'm concerned. The only way I can play as Diddy is to try to talk to someone else into playing as DK? I shouldn't have to do that.

And yes. I played as DK, Diddy and Kiddy.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

274. Posted:

I do agree to a point. That should be in the game, especially since I honestly couldn't care less about DKC's co-op. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's like the saw NSMBWii and didn't get it.

But the inevitable brilliant level design and having more fun than almost any game you could find me...yeah, I think I can forgive this.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

275. Posted:

I still like the original trilogy a lot better than DKC:R. I hope I like Tropical Freeze more, but it looks like it's going to be a lot like DKC:R. Plus, I wish the graphical style was more like the original. The way it is now it looks like Mario and company could just hop right into the levels and not look out of place at all. Mario from Super Mario World would have looked very out of place in the SNES DKC games. It was more realistics, but still cartoony. I wish they would have gone with that graphical style.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

CM30

276. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I still like the original trilogy a lot better than DKC:R. I hope I like Tropical Freeze more, but it looks like it's going to be a lot like DKC:R. Plus, I wish the graphical style was more like the original. The way it is now it looks like Mario and company could just hop right into the levels and not look out of place at all. Mario from Super Mario World would have looked very out of place in the SNES DKC games. It was more realistics, but still cartoony. I wish they would have gone with that graphical style.

I know what you mean there. Indeed, that's become a bit of a problem with a lot of Nintendo games now, it seems a lot of them are taking the generic '3D Mario' style for graphics and not differentiating themselves enough.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Warruz

277. Posted:

I duno if anyone noticed it, but DK Tropical Freeze is now down to $50

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

cookiex

278. Posted:

Warruz wrote:

It's been at £35 on Amazon UK for a while, unlike SM3DW which just recently lowered to £40.

cookiex

AuthorMessage

Ryno

279. Posted:

Warruz wrote:

Nintendo announced this back in August.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

280. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

I know what you mean there. Indeed, that's become a bit of a problem with a lot of Nintendo games now, it seems a lot of them are taking the generic '3D Mario' style for graphics and not differentiating themselves enough.

In some ways I agree but I feel 3D World, DKCR and the latest Kirby game do a pretty good job of making their games look not boring. Especially DKCR which just had great details that made levels more interesting (from what I remember at least) and did a great job at taking full advantage of the graphical power. They don't feel lazy, even if they get blown out of the water aesthetic-wise compared to the LBP games or Rayman Legends.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/