Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

221. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

We've seen how much better Super Mario 3D World is now compared to when it was announced at E3. Imagine how much better Tropical Freeze is going to look the second time.

That's the key right there! I'm bummed a little we don't get it before Christmas, but this game is probably going to be even better than we expected with a February 2014 release. I'll be ready to see some updated videos and screens on it in the coming months. I'm still super excited for it, and it will be a day one purchase for me for sure!

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

222. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

CM30 wrote:

It's a bigger seller than Wind Waker HD will be.

Although there's no denying that a brand new HD Zelda game would sell a ton of Wii Us.

Respectfully agree. I don't think the U is in good enough straights to warrant a delay.

yeah, they should just release all these games around the holiday season, that worked so well last time

oh wait, it was a complete disaster that lead to Wii U sales falling faster than Sonic could ever run

Tropical Freeze was one of maybe two first-party games (Other being 3D World, and that's iffy) that might sway more hardcore gamers to choose a U over a PS4 or Xone.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

223. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

CM30 wrote:

It's a bigger seller than Wind Waker HD will be.

Although there's no denying that a brand new HD Zelda game would sell a ton of Wii Us.

Respectfully agree. I don't think the U is in good enough straights to warrant a delay.

yeah, they should just release all these games around the holiday season, that worked so well last time

oh wait, it was a complete disaster that lead to Wii U sales falling faster than Sonic could ever run

Tropical Freeze was one of maybe two first-party games (Other being 3D World, and that's iffy) that might sway more hardcore gamers to choose a U over a PS4 or Xone.

based on the reaction from hardcore gamers, that wasn't going to happen.

Besides, I don't want Wii U's success to come from traditional sequels, that's boring.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

224. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

based on the reaction from hardcore gamers, that wasn't going to happen.

Besides, I don't want Wii U's success to come from traditional sequels, that's boring.

I really think that something was better than nothing, considering the U's condition, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I suppose.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CM30

225. Posted:

Except there is zero evidence that the likes of Wii Sports Club, Wii Fit U and Wii Party U will sell in the slightest. Indeed, if the theories of people like Sean Malstrom are true, then the 'expanded audience' flat out doesn't care for the Wii U or more traditional Nintendo directions, and aren't gonna be swayed into it by a bunch of sequels to 'casual' Wii games.

Nintendo delaying another great 'core' gamer title and concentrating on these games could be a huge risk that won't pay off, especially if their non gamer audience really has moved onto different forms of entertainment and smartphone games and whatever.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

226. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Except there is zero evidence that the likes of Wii Sports Club, Wii Fit U and Wii Party U will sell in the slightest. Indeed, if the theories of people like Sean Malstrom are true, then the 'expanded audience' flat out doesn't care for the Wii U or more traditional Nintendo directions, and aren't gonna be swayed into it by a bunch of sequels to 'casual' Wii games.

Nintendo delaying another great 'core' gamer title and concentrating on these games could be a huge risk that won't pay off, especially if their non gamer audience really has moved onto different forms of entertainment and smartphone games and whatever.

It's a huge gamble, to be sure. But, while lacking Mario Kart, it still does have 3D World. And if the 3DS taught us anything, is that Mario has a high chance of driving up sales at the darkest of hours. However NSMBU didn't help too much in the beginning, so we'll just have to see how things play out the remainder of this year and into the next.

If nothing else, the Wii U does have the price advantage, plus a number of attractive bundles coming out.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

227. Posted:

Not that it matters either way, because as stated before, Nintendo is almost certainly the 2nd place console no matter what happens.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

CM30

228. Posted:

Not really. There's no guessing what console could do best yet. The Wii U could outsell its competition if it had a string of great, high selling games. And even the likes of the Xbox One can have a turn around...

People are writing Nintendo off too early, even if their plan for this holiday is a bit of a disaster Wii U wise.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

229. Posted:

Totally see this line of thinking.

Dudebro: "Well Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming in February instead of December so now there is no way I am buying a Wii U. I might as well keep just my PS4 and/or Xbox One preorder."

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CM30

230. Posted:

Maybe not, but there's a significant amount of Nintendo fans who now might just leave the console til February since they want more than just 3D World and what's available to buy it. Same with a few gamers who aren't dudebro Call of Duty type fans.

AuthorMessage

Knux

231. Posted:

Nintendo really shouldn't have delayed Tropical Freeze. The only blockbuster Wii U exclusive that is going to be released during this holiday season is Super Mario 3D World, and that's not what is going to sell the Wii U. With hardcore gamers flocking to PS4 and Xbox One while casual gamers are flocking to smartphones/tablets, I expect the Wii U to have plenty of more dark times ahead

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

cookiex

232. Posted:

...I thought the core gamers were waiting for Smash Bros?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

CM30

233. Posted:

Some are, it's complicated. Some people will only buy for Smash Bros. Or 3D World. Or Tropical Freeze. Or Mario Kart 8. Or whatever. Some people will buy when a certain amount of good games are available, like say... three of those titles. For the latter group, Tropical Freeze might be what pushes them into buying a Wii U.

And yeah, the hardcore Donkey Kong fans are planning to buy the Wii U in droves when Tropical Freeze is about to be released. See, DK Vine and its members.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

234. Posted:

Official Donkey Kong site: http://donkeykong.nintendo.com/

Journey across six different themed islands with unique areas like Mangrove swamps, Savannah storms, ocean depths, and the frozen landscape of DK Island.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

235. Posted:

I hope all six levels are really deep and give us a lot of stuff to do, so the game will last longer. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm happy to see the teaser website is up now, and I'll be excited to see the full site in the future.

Thrash13

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

236. Posted:

As I've stated before, I hope those six worlds are big with more levels than usual. We're all used to the standard eight world setup, so we're just going to have to wait to see how it works.

I still wish we could have at least seen some new gameplay footage. It would've helped the wait a lot.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

237. Posted:

It'd be nice if the worlds had 6 or 7 levels each. Maybe more as we got further into the game.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

238. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

It'd be nice if the worlds had 6 or 7 levels each. Maybe more as we got further into the game.

I watched the demo from E3 again, and it looks like level 1-8 was one of the choices people could play. If that's the case, there should be plenty of levels on each island. I'm looking forward to finding out more info.

Thrash13

AuthorMessage

adamkop

239. Posted:

The description of the areas is a bit weird to me. There are six islands but ocean depths most certainly can't be an island. I think there will be one main theme for each island (such as desert, jungles, caves) and there will be a rather high variety between levels on each island. Metroid Prime series were a good representation of that, as areas had a distinctive settings (snow, lava), but you still could find rooms filled with water, laboratories and ancient ruins within all of them. The fact that the game was in development for some time and that Retro is in a new office (pretty big one, so they should work more effectively), it will have tons of levels.
Nintendo's pushing big games lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted more content in the game, seeing how big their new titles were (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing)

adamkop

AuthorMessage

WhereEaglesDare

240. Posted:

I hope the graphics are beefed up a bit.

WhereEaglesDare