Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 201 to 220 of 1,307

AuthorMessage

CM30

201. Posted:

Bad, bad decision delaying it. Wii U needs all the games it can get this Christmas to push the likes of the Xbox One and PS4 out the limelight. And while 3D World and Sonic Lost World do look good, I'm not sure that these alone will be enough to get people to forget about Microsoft and Sony's systems and their launch games.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

202. Posted:

Delaying to Febuary is good thing imo. So far this Fall the Wii U wii have had

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
WIi Fit U
Wii Party U
Wii Sports Club
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games 2014
Super Mario 3D World

Next year we have
Donkey Kong
Yarn Yoshi
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
X

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Mizore

203. Posted:

Besides this is Retro, so delays are a good thing for them, they're awesome games would become even more awesome.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

CM30

204. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Delaying to Febuary is good thing imo. So far this Fall the Wii U wii have had

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
WIi Fit U
Wii Party U
Wii Sports Club
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games 2014
Super Mario 3D World

Next year we have
Donkey Kong
Yarn Yoshi
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
X

And out of those, only 3D World is for the 'hardcore' gamers. The rest are basically for grandma and co, which is not the audience Nintendo needs now and not the one likely to be need swaying away from the Xbox One and PS4.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

205. Posted:

Let's be honest even Mario 3D world wouldn't sway those people.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

206. Posted:

You know what? Next year will be the 20th anniversary of Donkey Kong Country.

This would oddly make sense in that respect.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Ryno

207. Posted:

I have no problem with the delay. To many games out now and the next few months that I will be playing.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

208. Posted:

I am ok with the delay but from a business stand-point i think it would have been smarter to delay 3D World. Wii U already has a Mario Title and Donkey Kong is more "hard-core" which would be good for competition. If the delay was really to finish the game and not to have something early 2014 because Mario Kart is going to be delayed (possible reason for Donkey Kong delay, no proof) then I would rather have a great game in February than a OK game in December.

EDIT: Plus I still have plenty of games to buy (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Rayman Legends, New Super Mario Bros. U)

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Ryno

209. Posted:

If there's one game the WiiU does not need at this moment is another 2D platformer and this is coming from a platformer fan. I would love to hear some audio clips from David Wise's new tracks though.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

210. Posted:

yeah DKC:Tropical Freeze isn't as big a seller as HD Zelda and HD Wii Sports and Mario and Sonic and Mario & Sonic. For a new console at least. One last chance to help the 3rd parties too. Wouldn't have done too much, and it's way smarter for Nintendo to spread releases out instead of having nothing before the next Mario Kart.

Also I want to get some indies and need money for that. Regardless though, I'm not getting another first party Nintendo game this year, outside of that new IP that just came out. I'm so proud of myself.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CM30

211. Posted:

It's a bigger seller than Wind Waker HD will be.

Although there's no denying that a brand new HD Zelda game would sell a ton of Wii Us.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

212. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

213. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Respectfully disagree.

especially with the bundle/price drop.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

214. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Although there's no denying that a brand new HD Zelda game would sell a ton of Wii Us.

Yeah......No. The Zelda brand even on aport is still stronger than the Donkey Kong Brand and Zelda is bundled meaning its going to be in a good chunk of systems sold this holiday. Even the Wii Game wasn't a system seller as much as it was a seller on a bunch of systems.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

215. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Respectfully agree. I don't think the U is in good enough straights to warrant a delay.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

216. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Respectfully agree. I don't think the U is in good enough straights to warrant a delay.

yeah, they should just release all these games around the holiday season, that worked so well last time

oh wait, it was a complete disaster that lead to Wii U sales falling faster than Sonic could ever run

AuthorMessage

CM30

217. Posted:

Except Nintendo is competing with Microsoft and Sony's new systems. And some times of year are way more important than other ones. The Christmas season is one of these.

Edit: Also, Wind Waker HD is a remake. Not a new game. Remakes NEVER sell on par with or better than the originals in gaming. Not even Ocarina of Time 3D did. It'll sell maybe two to three million copies at best, even with a bundle. Compared to potentially many more for Donkey Kong. Which as I'll point out, is actually a bigger selling series than Zelda on average. Or at least, the biggest Donkey Kong games outsold the biggest Zelda ones by a fair margin, and these were comparing NEW games.

Edited on by CM30

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

218. Posted:

"A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

If the other delayed games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are any indication, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will be fantastic. We've seen how much better Super Mario 3D World is now compared to when it was announced at E3. Imagine how much better Tropical Freeze is going to look the second time.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

219. Posted:

Probably a smart move considering the PS4/XBONE coming out arund the same time.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

220. Posted:

Probably a smart move considering the PS4/XBONE coming out arund the same time.

3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]