Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,203

CThrash13

DreamyViridi wrote:

It'd be nice if the worlds had 6 or 7 levels each. Maybe more as we got further into the game.

I watched the demo from E3 again, and it looks like level 1-8 was one of the choices people could play. If that's the case, there should be plenty of levels on each island. I'm looking forward to finding out more info.

CThrash13

Twitter:

adamkop

The description of the areas is a bit weird to me. There are six islands but ocean depths most certainly can't be an island. I think there will be one main theme for each island (such as desert, jungles, caves) and there will be a rather high variety between levels on each island. Metroid Prime series were a good representation of that, as areas had a distinctive settings (snow, lava), but you still could find rooms filled with water, laboratories and ancient ruins within all of them. The fact that the game was in development for some time and that Retro is in a new office (pretty big one, so they should work more effectively), it will have tons of levels.
Nintendo's pushing big games lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted more content in the game, seeing how big their new titles were (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing)

adamkop

JetForceSetGrind

I hope the graphics are beefed up a bit.

JetForceSetGrind

JonnyKong

I don't know if this has been mentioned at all anywhere else in the thread, but do you think the delay was caused in reaction to the success of Rayman Legends? Maybe Retro, or Ninty kind of took one look at the game and thought oh heck, maybe we need to up our game here.

I doubt it actually, it's pretty late I'm just babbling.

I agree with whoever said that a new trailer would have been nice just to tide us over.

I wonder if the underwater bits will have those impressive looking barrel blasting-into the screen and other crazy angle moments. It would look hella cool seeing DK blasting through water at top speed past loads of fish which scatter out the way when he comes towards them.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

CThrash13

The delay is definitely interesting, and I'd love to hear what Retro says about it. We may never find out. I think Super Mario 3D World is going to completely dominate Wii U sales this holiday season, and Nintendo may have been worried DKC: TF would get trampled in sales. Releasing it in February assures it will get the spotlight completely, and it will give gamers something to focus on until Mario Kart 8 comes out. The more I think about it, the more I like the delay for personal reasons. It probably sucks for business, but it's good for me. I'll be able to give it my complete focus in an otherwise slow gaming period of the year.

CThrash13

Twitter:

NintendoLink

I want DK so badly... need to watch the trailer again ^^

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

CThrash13

DestinyMan wrote:

I feel the opposite. The delay sucks for me personally, but it's a good thing for business. I believe the delay might make the game even better. What keeps me going is the thought that Tropical Freeze will look even more awesome when it gets a new trailer, just as Super Mario 3D World looks more awesome now that there's more gameplay and details revealed for that. Imagine if Tropical Freeze got a Super Mario 3D World-level improvement in its presentation since E3?

I just know how much I'm going to be playing 3D World, lol. I'd hate for DK to get lost in the shuffle because that game looks outstanding. I agree 100% though that the game should end up being a little better with the delay, and I also agree we need an updated trailer. Now that you mentioned it, we really haven't seen much new in months.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Snagrio

The second I heard of the delay I immediately knew the reason why; to not directly compete with 3D World. In any case I'm not all that bothered by the fact. I'm certainly looking forward to Tropical Freeze no question, but not as much as other titles like say Mario Kart or Smash Bros. Not to mention my currently dying bank account can't take much more until I find a job again...

On a random note, why am I awake at 4:00 in the morning!?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CM30

I don't think this game would have got lost in the shuffle to be honest. It's a bigger seller than most games released around this time of year (with the exceptions of Mario and Pokemon). Could have even outsold Link Between Worlds.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

rallydefault

It wouldn't get lost in the shuffle, for sure, but it may have been unwanted competition against Nintendo's other first-party holiday offerings. It's nice that Nintendo's been putting out a first-party game every month, but the sheer number of games to play will start backing up (for most people) pretty soon. I know I'm feeling a bit behind when it comes to releases.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

There's at least an argument for what would sell and how, but you can't deny Nintendo needs more than one major title for early next year to keep up momentum. They would be stupid to just let everyone wait for Mario Kart and hope for the best.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ninjafox

Ryno wrote:

Official Donkey Kong site: http://donkeykong.nintendo.com/

Journey across six different themed islands with unique areas like Mangrove swamps, Savannah storms, ocean depths, and the frozen landscape of DK Island.

This proves that there are going to be several types of level per Island as the first level is Mangrove Cove which would be found on the Mangrove Swamps island however during the level we see a mainly beach type stage with a little bit of forest thrown in as well. I imagine at least a couple of the later island stages would be set in the swamp itself. Also the stage with Dixie in where her and DK are high in the clouds could well take place on the first island, perhaps the stages go to the top of the island then you go down the other side to the seal boss. It will be interesting to see how each island is laid out.
If I had held off get ting a Wii au at launch then I would certainly be buying one now for this game alone.

I just hope Wii U sales pick up soon with all these great games on the way not to mention eshop titles like Scram Kitty which is great fun if the demo I payed is anything to go by.

ninjafox

TanookiSurprise

Not surprised by the delay. Something had to give. With Sonic and Mario, thats enough platforming this xmas, especially off the back of Rayman. Wii U could definitely be doing with another BIG game this xmas, but it needs to be a different genre. There needs to be more variety.

Edited on by TanookiSurprise

TanookiSurprise

WebHead

At least now Wii U has a big title for February. Besides, Mario is probably going to dominate Wii U charts. And I think it was certainly more Nintendo's decision than Retro's.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

elbcen

At first I was really bummed about the delay, but then I looked at my backlog and the titles coming out in the near future. There is a lot to play on Wii U and 3DS if you are into every game that has been announced (like I am, surprisingly). Pokemon Y will take a lot of time, Sonic Lost World will be fun (though I am guessing it will be short like Colors if you don't go for 100%), Super Mario 3D World is obviously coming out, and, most importantly, A Link Between Worlds. And there is still Wonderful 101 to complete...!

But... I don't know if I hadn't 'prioritized' Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze if it were released alongside these other titles. Seriously, I am more excited about this game than 3D World, even.

elbcen

Twitter:

Peach64

You people know that games are still available to buy months and years after release, right? I never got the argument that delays were good because people have too much to play. If Q4 is going to be busy for you, then you could have just waited til February to pick up DK anyway. You could have probably even got it for less then.

Peach64

CThrash13

But now, we don't have to worry about which games to get or not get. LOL. Nintendo made the decision easier for a lot of us. DKC: TF is at the top of my wishlist along with Mario Kart 8, so I would have played it in December for sure. But the delay doesn't change my purchase decision either way.

CThrash13

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Heh, Dixie pounds the grounds with her hair. She also shoots something like how Diddy shoots peanuts. Cool.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Ryno

I can't help but look at the screenshots and watch trailers and think that this game could have been more then just a left to right platformer. Maybe next Donkey Kong game will be a 3D platformer. Oh well, I will still get Tropical Freeze eventually.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

JonnyKong

Ugh I hated the rocket barrel levels.

Anyway, personally the trailer didn't blow me away as much as I wanted, but it still looks a lot of fun. I couldn't help but compare it to Rayman legends though, there's an awful lot of similarity, apart from the obvious non-similar things such as the barrel blasting and the awesome looking mine cart levels.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.