Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,333

AuthorMessage

WebHead

181. Posted:

I hope Nintendo has a full ND next month so we can see new gameplay. I'm all for ND Minis and such, but I don't want to have to wait all the way until mid November for new gameplay and info lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

182. Posted:

So far we know that there's five islands, and six when you include Donkey Kong Island. That doesn't sound like much compared to the standard eight worlds, but maybe those islands will be big with more levels than usual?

I'm trying my best not to be impatient for seeing more gameplay and characters. I hope Nintendo doesn't spend too much time talking about Pokemon and Sonic during the October Nintendo Direct so this game can get some time as well as Super Mario 3D World.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WebHead

183. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

So far we know that there's five islands, and six when you include Donkey Kong Island. That doesn't sound like much compared to the standard eight worlds, but maybe those islands will be big with more levels than usual?

I'm trying my best not to be impatient for seeing more gameplay and characters. I hope Nintendo doesn't spend too much time talking about Pokemon and Sonic during the October Nintendo Direct so this game can get some time as well as Super Mario 3D World.

Agreed. I get Pokemon is huge, but I think it's had enough spotlight. It's time for some Mario and DK.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

ninjafox

184. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I really hope each island will bigger than a standard world because even though I will love DKCTF whatever it would be a shame if the game did have less content that Returns. It would be good if each island had variety similar to the original trilogy's where you had a cave level then an underwater one rather than having a snow island that just has snow/ice themed levels.

ninjafox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

185. Posted:

Based on what @DestinyMan said I'm getting a possible Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon vibe, meaning that unlike the original game taking place in one location there are several separate destinations.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CM30

186. Posted:

ninjafox wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I really hope each island will bigger than a standard world because even though I will love DKCTF whatever it would be a shame if the game did have less content that Returns. It would be good if each island had variety similar to the original trilogy's where you had a cave level then an underwater one rather than having a snow island that just has snow/ice themed levels.

I think it's very likely this will be the case. We're not just gonna get one world theme per island.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

187. Posted:

I believe that to be the case as well. The islands won't be entirely based on a theme such as "Forest" except for Donkey Kong Island, which appears to have been placed under an icy curse by the Vikings. So while Donkey Kong Island will probably be all snow levels, the other islands will have different environments. The first island appears to have beaches, swamps, and a forest, while the second island starts off with a canyon.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

188. Posted:

ninjafox wrote:

I hope we see some new footage of DKCTF soon as I really want to see how the world map is laid out and some more levels/Islands that will be in the new game. Hopefully an October Nintendo Direct will show us some. Cannot wait to hear the new music that David Wise has composed.

The Eurogamer Expo starts tomorrow, and Tropical Freeze is one of the Wii U games that's supposed to be there. We should get to see some new footage, but I'm not sure how much or what. Nonetheless, I'm ready to see some new stuff.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

189. Posted:

DELAYED TO FEBRUARY 2014.
Untitled

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

190. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

your avatar makes this post.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

cookiex

191. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Thought it would be longer than that when Iwata vaguely said 2014 in the EU direct. On the plus side WiiU won't be lacking a major title for Q1 2014.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

192. Posted:

They clearly don't want it to compete with 3D World, which I don't mind too much.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

193. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

They clearly don't want it to compete with 3D World, which I don't mind too much.

this and sonic lost world. I think it's for the greater good.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Currently Nominating Best Spooky VGMs and Best RPG Battle Music

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Blast

194. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Ding, ding, ding. You pretty much summed it up.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

WebHead

195. Posted:

Well...at least I know what game to get in February. I guess it was for the best. It'll help MK8 and possibly Bayo2 fill Q1 2014.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

196. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

Well...at least I know what game to get in February.

Yeah, early in the year is basically downtime for me, as far as playing games from Christmas and earlier. Donkey Kong will change all of that.

I'm getting over my shock now. If it's to make the game even more awesome, so be it. I'll be getting plenty of platforming with Mario and Sonic anyway.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

cookiex

197. Posted:

They could've at least shown some new footage. With the E3 direct being all we have the wait isn't made easy. :(

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

198. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

They could've at least shown some new footage. With the E3 direct being all we have the wait isn't made easy. :(

That certainly would have helped.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

199. Posted:

This delay is good! A little less stress for my(brother's) wallet.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

200. Posted:

I'm pretty bummed that I have to wait even longer now, but it does help free up this crowded Fall / Winter schedule a little. At least we know it's releasing in February.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes