Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,332

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

161. Posted:

I'm thinking (s)he's not a big part of the game if (s)he's not included..

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

162. Posted:

I like how fuzzy the Kongs' fur is on that box art.

And I agree that the fourth playable character probably isn't a major character and will only be playable for part of the game. That, or he or she is a secret unlockable character.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

163. Posted:

I still can't help but be disappointed that this was Retro's next 'big' project.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Ryno

164. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I still can't help but be disappointed that this was Retro's next 'big' project.

The good news is you won't be disappointed in Retro's next big project after TF.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

165. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

The good news is you won't be disappointed in Retro's next big project after TF.

which is?

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

166. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

Ryno wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

which is?

"You'll see! Oh yes, you will see..." (Anyone who gets that reference is awesome).

Anyway, I like to think of Retro working on TF instead of certain games that are constantly asked for is for them to get used to the Wii U's hardware and what they can do with it. That way when Retro does get to work on a Starfox, F-Zero, Metroid, whatever, it will turn out all the more amazing.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CM30

167. Posted:

Sigh, for the last time; Donkey Kong Country is more important/popular than Metroid. Why should Retro make a game for a series which barely sells when they could make another fantastic Donkey Kong Country game which will be ten times more popular? I think people really underestimate the Donkey Kong series to be honest, and treat it like it's some third tier series when it's actually one of the most important franchises Nntendo has.

Also, if Rare could work on three Donkey Kong Country games in a row (and three Donkey Kong Land games to go with them), why can't Retro?

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

168. Posted:

How David Wise Came Back for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/19/how-david-wise-came-back...

• Siliconera asked producer Kensuke Tanabe how Wise was brought back to Donkey Kong Country
  • “I worked with David, many, many years ago, and have stayed in contact ever since. He’s actually a friend of mine. So, as we approached this particular project, he became available.”
  • “So I picked up the phone and said ‘Hey David! You have some time? Would you like to help us out with Tropical Freeze?’ And he jumped at the chance. It was a coincidence that he was available at the time… he wasn't prior [for Donkey Kong Country Returns] and we couldn't be happier."
  • Tanabe revealed that the music in Tropical Freeze will all be original. “Yet, there will be some familiarities… you can hear that it is David Wise,” he added

This is just awesome. I'm fine with all new music since it will give Wise the chance to make new classics.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

audehtv

169. Posted:

Remember how Retro said they can make a big budget game and a small budget game at the same time? I think DK is their small project compared to their other big project cause lets be realistic. DK: TF isn't that much of a big game. its more of a Wii U filler/cash-in. Which means they could potentially work on another game. Retro even said their next Wii U game (Before reveal) was a game everyone wanted them to do. DK:TF wasn't the game EVERYONE wanted them to do... Metroid is!

audehtv

Nintendo Network ID: audeh64R8 | Twitter: AlexAudeh

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

170. Posted:

Retro said themselves that they were not working on any other game. So don't get your hopes up, unless they're lying...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

171. Posted:

I'm in the mood for speculation, so here goes.

I think of all the Kongs, Funky Kong should have the best chance at returning.
Untitled

Cranky Kong is a given considering his role in Returns, so Funky would be the most well-known one after him. The reason why I think this is because of five islands that Donkey Kong must explore through to get back to his island. There has to be some mode of transportation for him to travel between them, so Funky's barrel plane would be an obvious choice.
Untitled

Also, if any of you have noticed when watching gameplay, airplanes and similar craft seem to feature prominently in the levels, or at least the early levels. Donkey Kong escapes from a falling hull, for one, and there are the wrecked planes in the remainder of the level and there are wrecked submarines in the mine cart level shown. These are things that would intrigue a mechanic like Funky.

I do not think Funky Kong would be the fourth playable character, but he could be an NPC who could transport DK and friends around the worlds similar to the first two Donkey Kong Country games.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

172. Posted:

This game is definitely at the top of my wishlist. I'm not getting a Wii U until around Christmas, but this will be the first game I get along with either Mario World 3D or Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics. I haven't played a Donkey Kong game in years, but Tropical Freeze really caught my attention from the first time I watched a video of it. I'm really excited to see how fun the series is, and it seems like there is a ton of excitement for this game in particular.

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

WebHead

173. Posted:

I really hope there's a ND soon so we can see more gameplay!

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

174. Posted:

I wish i had any excitement for this game,i loved returns!

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

175. Posted:

I can about guarantee this game is going to be fantastic. I just wish K Rool makes some sort of surprise appearance or at least a reference or two towards the Kremlins.

Here's also hoping Kiddy Kong is a fourth character (unlikely, but I'm hoping anyway)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

176. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

I just wish K Rool makes some sort of surprise appearance or at least a reference or two towards the Kremlins.

A simple cameo would be okay for me. Returns didn't even do that.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

WebHead

177. Posted:

As I wondered in the SM3DW thread, anyone here think that the game's review scores will be effected because of E3 disappointment bias?

Like...I remember reading the NL DKC: TF impressions and the writer clearly let his disappointment effect his experience.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

178. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

As I wondered in the SM3DW thread, anyone here think that the game's review scores will be effected because of E3 disappointment bias?

Like...I remember reading the NL DKC: TF impressions and the writer clearly let his disappointment effect his experience.

Again, as I posted before on the SM3DW thread too, there hasn't been any new gameplay footage shown since E3. When this game gets more coverage, then the disappointment will decrease. Besides, a game reviewer holding a disappointment like a grudge shouldn't be a game reviewer anyway.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

179. Posted:

if the last Paper Mario got not awful reviews, I think this game will be fine

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

ninjafox

180. Posted:

I hope we see some new footage of DKCTF soon as I really want to see how the world map is laid out and some more levels/Islands that will be in the new game. Hopefully an October Nintendo Direct will show us some. Cannot wait to hear the new music that David Wise has composed.

ninjafox