Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,333

AuthorMessage

dkxcalibur

1,301. Posted:

I finally got to Donkey Kong island. I actually felt bad for beating Bashmaster, the Unbreakable....I mean, all he was trying to do was enjoy his Popsicle!

dkxcalibur

AuthorMessage

dkxcalibur

1,302. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Who's your favorite boss? Mine is Skowl. He's surprisingly tough for the boss of World 2.
Untitled

He's my favorite as well. I like how he looks (antlered helmet), I like his opening (Whooooo), and also thought he was surprisingly tough for a world 2 boss.

dkxcalibur

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,303. Posted:

So, I just recently beat World 7 on Hard Mode. Was pretty proud of myself until I realized... The real trick is goung to be beating World 6 with all KONG letters in tow.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,304. Posted:

Oddly enough, I think finding all the KONG letters on Donkey Kong Island was the first time I found all the KONG letters in a world.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,305. Posted:

@DestinyMan I was really referring to Hard Mode. And let's not forget that nasty final boss. 200% completion is gonna be fun~

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,306. Posted:

I think Hard Mode in World 4 would be just swell. Swimming levels with just one-hit health? And what about when fighting Fugu?

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,307. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I think Hard Mode in World 4 would be just swell. Swimming levels with just one-hit health? And what about when fighting Fugu?

I honestly didn't have any trouble whatsoever with the underwater controls OR when fighting Fugu. I found both of these to be rather easy to handle, though Irate Eight will be quite a challenge in Hard Mode. As will the second bonus level.

AuthorMessage

dkxcalibur

1,308. Posted:

Wow, I finally got to world 7! The first level (7-1) is giving me all kinds of problems though. I can't seem to get the third and fourth puzzle pieces. The one with the circling bananas and the one with free fall and coin collecting. Both have zero tolerance and if one banana or coin is missed then you're done.

dkxcalibur

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

1,309. Posted:

Pratice more dkxcalibur ;)

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,310. Posted:

Tropical Freeze currently in 18th place in All User Ratings for all software on NA eShop chart

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,311. Posted:

Concept art:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The artwork is from Retro Studios artist Eric Kozlowsky, with more to be shared later.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,312. Posted:

Nintendo financial results reveals that DKC Tropical Freeze did not reach 1 million units. Operation Punish Retro has been a success, skipping Tropical Freeze to make a better Nintendo future.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,313. Posted:

@SkywardL: Operation: Punish Retro? Never even heard of it.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,314. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

Nintendo financial results reveals that DKC Tropical Freeze did not reach 1 million units. Operation Punish Retro has been a success, skipping Tropical Freeze to make a better Nintendo future.

I hope your not serious because I see no reason for punishing them when the game was amazing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,315. Posted:

Operation: Punish Retro was a joke, the rest is true. I do believe this game's failure will benefit both Nintendo and Retro.

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,316. Posted:

Given the Wii U itself has some about 6 million units total, I think expecting more than a million copies for the game was ridiculous. I mean, even the most hyped Mario games never sold much more than that.

And no, a Metroid or F-Zero or Star Fox game by Retro wouldn't have sold more. It would have probably gone the same way as Game & Wario, aka bombed miserably.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,317. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

Operation: Punish Retro was a joke, the rest is true. I do believe this game's failure will benefit both Nintendo and Retro.

If Tropical Freeze is considered a failure that Nintendo/Retro should learn from, it might perhaps not benefit gamers in the end. The main objection to that game is that it is hard, so should easier games like SM3DW or Rayman Legends be the norm? (Some has objected that TF is too short though, and that's a more valid complaint.)

IMO, Tropical Freeze is better on just about every point compared to DKCR, but you need to play a couple of worlds to experiences how excellent Tropical Freeze really is. I can understand that not everyone like platformers or DKC as an IP, but I really can't see any major mistakes made in the design/development of Tropical Freeze. It's a truly excellent platformer, if you like challenges.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, SSB U, Rayman Legends
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, and more

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

1,318. Posted:

Wow, punishing Retro? Seems pretty backwards to me for any gamer out there ...

Anyways, I picked up Tropical Freeze the other day (been trying to clear some of my backlog lately) and I LOVE it. The graphics are beautiful, the level designs are dynamic (I can't stop playing the autumn-like island) and the challenge is right up my alley. Takes me right back to DKC when I was growing up: remember watching that video that was sent out on VHS to Nintendo Power subscribers?

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,319. Posted:

The problem with Tropical Freeze has nothing to do with gameplay, IP, or difficulty, is the fact that it doesn't offer anything new to the series and the game doesn't define the Wii U except that it's HD. Unlike Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8, it's a game that is difficult for Nintendo to deliver a satisfying 30 minute length Nintendo Direct solely focusing on Tropical Freeze.

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,320. Posted:

L-ouie wrote:

The problem with Tropical Freeze has nothing to do with gameplay, IP, or difficulty, is the fact that it doesn't offer anything new to the series and the game doesn't define the Wii U except that it's HD. Unlike Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8, it's a game that is difficult for Nintendo to deliver a satisfying 30 minute length Nintendo Direct solely focusing on Tropical Freeze.

IMO, it does add many new things to the series, and it would be possible to do a great 30 minute Direct of Tropical Freeze (characters and their skills, gameplay mechanics, 2.5D levels, time trials and their viewing modes, Funky's shop system, unlockable courses, art design, music, and so on). However, Nintendo split up that pre-info on that game into many smaller videos instead and the game moves are explained in-game during the first levels. And some things I appreciate that they didn't reveal in a pre-info video, since it would spoil some of the fun of discovery.

But I agree with you that it doesn't define the Wii U. It's probably the Nintendo Wii U game that would be easiest to do cross-platform without any loss of gameplay experience.

Edited on by jariw

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, SSB U, Rayman Legends
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, and more