Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,261. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Last night, I completed 100% requirements:

-finish all levels (find all KONG letters)
-find all puzzles pieces.

The only item I used was Sqwaks and only when stuck on Puzzle pieces.

I've been toying with speedruns and Hard Mode, but have yet to commit to either one.

Do you unlock the secret world once you've found all KONG letters or do you also have to find the puzzle pieces?

You have to beat kong stages, you don't need puzzle pieces.

To me 4K was the hardest, because I have a depth perception problem (I don't know if that's what it is called in English) with things like that are in this stage, like kinda rotating platforms (or "3D" drawn shapes).

I like this game more than Returns :) Can't get enough of it

Dave24

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,262. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Last night, I completed 100% requirements:

-finish all levels (find all KONG letters)
-find all puzzles pieces.

The only item I used was Sqwaks and only when stuck on Puzzle pieces.

I've been toying with speedruns and Hard Mode, but have yet to commit to either one.

Do you unlock the secret world once you've found all KONG letters or do you also have to find the puzzle pieces?

Beat all six K levels and the final boss yo unlick World 7.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,263. Posted:

@dave24 3D images on a 2D plane tens to ruin everyone, as there's no clear indication of when the platform is safe and when it's not.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,264. Posted:

@Dave24 thanks!

does anyone know what the name of the song is that can be heard in "rickety rafters" (world 3-a)? can't find it on youtube and want it desperately :p

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

1,265. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

@Dave24 thanks!

does anyone know what the name of the song is that can be heard in "rickety rafters" (world 3-a)? can't find it on youtube and want it desperately :p

I'm not sure of the name, but I know if you go to the pause menu on the map screen of the game you can go to the soundtrack and usually they have the levels songs there for you to listen too. Not all of the levels are there though.. not sure why. Hopefully this helps.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,266. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

@Dave24 thanks!

I'm not sure of the name, but I know if you go to the pause menu on the map screen of the game you can go to the soundtrack and usually they have the levels songs there for you to listen too. Not all of the levels are there though.. not sure why. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks I'll give it a try!

Edit: found it! It's called Cannon Canyon :)

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,267. Posted:

Potentially game-breaking bug discovered in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/03/09/potentially-game-breakin...

• Reader SirEpicPigeon has been in contact to say that he has discovered a potentially game breaking bug in Retro Studio’s Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • SirEpicPigeon completed level 3-3 and the paths to the shop and level 3-4 opened. However, he is unable to get to level 3-4.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,268. Posted:

Now that's... unexpected. It's 2 weeks after release and only now the bug is found.

Also, I expected that if there was a gamebreaking bug, it would be me to find it, because my luck is "incredible" with things like that

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,269. Posted:

Such a glitch can't be widespread if it haven't been discovered until now.

I mean I discovered a bug in level 3-5 (see my impressions on page 51) on release day and I doubt that one has affected many people.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,270. Posted:

Comparison between the E3 demo and the final game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/donkey-kong-country-tropical-fr...

It's mostly very subtle differences, the final game being a bit brighter and obviously more polished graphically.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,271. Posted:

It appears to be more likely a defective copy, but maybe it could happen to anyone and it's just stupidly rare. Like the Venom soft lock glitch in Star Fox 64.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,272. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

It appears to be more likely a defective copy, but maybe it could happen to anyone and it's just stupidly rare. Like the Venom soft lock glitch in Star Fox 64.

Ha, I remember when I thought for some reason I was gonna get a defective copy. Good times, good times.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,273. Posted:

Watch Donkey Kong totally put the Snowmads on ice! Not really..

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,274. Posted:

I'm not really sure what the point of these trailers are ^? Same with that it's really hard one the other day. If they're not going to use them on actual TV, then it's just a waste of time.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

1,275. Posted:

would make sense if they played at the start of youtube videos, not that ive seen one like.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,276. Posted:

which are your favorite levels so far?

I finished Beehive Brawl (5-a) yesterday and I thought it was amazing... such a cool concept.

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,277. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

which are your favorite levels so far?

I finished Beehive Brawl (5-a) yesterday and I thought it was amazing... such a cool concept.

All as far as I've played... except 5-4, 4-k and 5-k.

The only track in OST that sucked to me is from the boss on world 5 - it's so without power, unlike W4 or any other boss.

Dave24

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,278. Posted:

My top three favorite levels are Grassland Groove, Scorch 'N' Torch, and Amiss Abyss. Others I like are Reckless Ride, Alpine Incline, and High Tide Ride.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,279. Posted:

Oh, man, I don't think I could pick just a few favorites. Most of the levels are just so good~

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

1,280. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh, man, I don't think I could pick just a few favorites. Most of the levels are just so good~

I have to agree with this statement. One level that does stand out though, solely because of the soundtrack, is Alpine Incline.

Spuratis