Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,327

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

1,221. Posted:

@UGXWolf: I got it from Miiverse, where a few poor souls actually got game overs in this game. I'd like to hear what the music sounds like, especially since the man behind the miserable game over theme in the first Donkey Kong Country is composer.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

erv

1,222. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Since you're probably likely to not ever get a game over unless you are really terrible at this game, here's what the game over screen looks like.
Untitled

Did this come from WiiRikeToPray's channel? Because I cannot even imagine how you'd run out of lives, otherwise. They had Spence killing himself ever few seconds. That's the only reason they ever got a game over. @__@ This game may be a tad too generous with the lives. They lose all meaning, when you never drop below 80.

That screen is funny :D I disagree on the lives part though. Some levels make you bleed lives fast just to get the letters or the puzzle pieces right. It's a whole different ballgame when you're at 45 and drop to 28 within a few attempts...

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

1,223. Posted:

erv wrote:

That screen is funny :D I disagree on the lives part though. Some levels make you bleed lives fast just to get the letters or the puzzle pieces right. It's a whole different ballgame when you're at 45 and drop to 28 within a few attempts...

Letters and Puzzle Pieces do make me bleed lives, too, but I still rarely drop below 80 lives, since even the dreaded K levels have plenty of life-giving opportunities and bananas to keep you out of a game over.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

1,224. Posted:

Unfortunately I just received this reply from Nintendo:

We do not have any news to confirm as to whether the Soundtrack for the game in question will be made available for sale. However, it is recommended to visit our website on a regular basis for any related news.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diddy_kong

1,225. Posted:

You know one thing I really love about this game? You don't have to beat every level with all three partner-Kongs. I so thought that they were going to pull a 3D World and make you beat the levels with everybody in order to 100% the game. I know that if you have lots of friends to play 3D World with you that beating the levels with everybody isn't as bad, but I only have my girlfriend to play co-op with and trust me when I say that it gets tedious to beat all 12 worlds 3 times over.

Don't get me wrong I love 3D World, but frig Luigi and Toad are useless in a number of levels.

I've been a gamer my whole life. I've owned every Nintendo console from the SNES to the Wii U, though I spend most of my gaming time with my PS3. I enjoy games from a variety of genres and I love arcade-style racing games. My all-time favourite non-Nintendo game is DmC. Yes, really.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

1,226. Posted:

"no, I'm not disappointed about the number of levels, as they're also much longer levels"

I don't know if they are longer, though they feel pretty long! Only the rocketbarrel and minecart levels seem very short!

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rezalack

1,227. Posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the soundtrack for this game was one of the platinum rewards for Club Nintendo... I actually think it would be cool if they sold the Snow Flake belt buckle that the owls wear. My friend pointed it out to me and since then I can't stop looking at them on the owls, lol. That'd be a different reward from Club Nintendo.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

1,228. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Because I cannot even imagine how you'd run out of lives, otherwise.

I ran out :(

I died about 40 times on 2-K & 20 times on 5-K, & then some more trying to get KONG letters. Once you reach the point where you have 4 lives left, it's pretty easy to get a Game Over.

You can always go to Funky & buy a load of life's, but I don't want to use the shop personally.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

1,229. Posted:

ALRIGHT! I have completed World 7!

So, since I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only person here to try Hard Mode, do we have any idea what the blue KONG letters are for, or is it just bragging rights? I seriously want to know, because I'd like to know if getting them all is a worth-while endeavor before I embark on the nigh impossible journey that comes with true 100% completion (200% completion?)

Also, if you take down all the owls in the first long run in 2-K, including three bounces on the big one, you get a life, so running out of lives really shouldn't happen on that level. Heck, I was at 99 after I beat it, and I must've died like 60 times or more!

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

1,230. Posted:

I think it's just or 200%.

Yeah, I know. It just takes forever to kill them all IMO. I never bother to do it.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

1,231. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I think it's just or 200%.

Yeah, I know. It just takes forever to kill them all IMO. I never bother to do it.

Upon closer inspection, it appears that getting all Blue KONG letters in a world will unlock one more bonus image, and doing it in all seven worlds will unlock the final seven bonus images. Even so, it appears you get 100% after completion of World 7, so after this point, you're just driving yourself nuts with insane difficulty for next to no reason.

EDIT: I was wrong.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

1,232. Posted:

It's Hard trailer

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Thrash13

1,233. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

It's Hard trailer

Now that's some funny stuff right there!

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edwin

1,234. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I think it's just or 200%.

Yeah, I know. It just takes forever to kill them all IMO. I never bother to do it.

Upon closer inspection, it appears that getting all Blue KONG letters in a world will unlock one more bonus image, and doing it in all seven worlds will unlock the final seven bonus images. Even so, it appears you get 100% after completion of World 7, so after this point, you're just driving yourself nuts with insane difficulty for next to no reason.

EDIT: I was wrong.

Wrong about what? Does anyone know how to unlock the final 7 images in world 7?

Edwin

Nintendo Network ID: Edwicket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

1,235. Posted:

Haven't beaten the "final boss" yet although I'm not sure how "final" it is given everyone's talking about World 7 here. Anyways so far I've found it to be a lot easier than Returns but I really, really don't enjoy the bosses. It's not that they're hard it's just that they're way too long. I had the same issue with Returns honestly. I've gotten to what I assume is the last pattern in the world 6 boss (simple -> ice -> canon) and hit him twice before death. Gotten to that last pattern about three or four times so far. What's annoying is that if you mess it up you fall in the lava and it's insta-death. So, lots of rage-quit.

edit: spoke too soon, just beat it

Also the lives, haven't gone anywhere near running out of lives. Really I wish they'd just throw away the idea of lives if they're that easy to get especially when, I assume, Game Over isn't that much of a setback. Just my 2c

................. other than that, lots of fun. Especially the underwater sections. I just spent most of the game dreading the bosses and backtracking to play older levels again rather than face the current boss.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

1,236. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Haven't beaten the "final boss" yet although I'm not sure how "final" it is given everyone's talking about World 7 here. Anyways so far I've found it to be a lot easier than Returns but I really, really don't enjoy the bosses. It's not that they're hard it's just that they're way too long. I had the same issue with Returns honestly. I've gotten to what I assume is the last pattern in the world 6 boss (simple -> ice -> canon) and hit him twice before death. Gotten to that last pattern about three or four times so far. What's annoying is that if you mess it up you fall in the lava and it's insta-death. So, lots of rage-quit.

edit: spoke too soon, just beat it

Also the lives, haven't gone anywhere near running out of lives. Really I wish they'd just throw away the idea of lives if they're that easy to get especially when, I assume, Game Over isn't that much of a setback. Just my 2c

................. other than that, lots of fun. Especially the underwater sections. I just spent most of the game dreading the bosses and backtracking to play older levels again rather than face the current boss.

I totally get what you're saying. Bosses in this game get so ragey because they just take so long to beat, but they're all a treat, IMO, and a lot of fun, aside from the issue of length. I also absolutely adore all of the boss music, in this game. Especially Pompy, the Presumptuous's theme.

@Edwin I got all the blue KONG letters from World 1, but no reward, so I dunno. (Before you ask, I also beat levels 1-K and 1-Boss in hard mode, so that's certainly not it.)

As for these last seven pictures, I have my theories, but it'll be a LOOOONG time before I can even come close confirming them.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rezalack

1,237. Posted:

I've beaten the game and have got gold speed trials all the way up to up to world 5. Starting 6 tomorrow... getting gold, especially within the top 50 global rank, can be frustrating, but my god.. is it addicting. This is possibly my favorite Wii U game now. After I get all the gold runs I'll beat it on hard mode and collect all the puzzle pieces.. since I still have to collect them in about half the levels.

Anyway I actually came here to ask a question.. Is there any way I can check my played time on this game? Is there a menu somewhere on the Wii U that lets me check all my games play times? I swear the 3DS had one.. I could be wrong though. Thanks.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MasterWario

1,238. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

I've beaten the game and have got gold speed trials all the way up to up to world 5. Starting 6 tomorrow... getting gold, especially within the top 50 global rank, can be frustrating, but my god.. is it addicting. This is possibly my favorite Wii U game now. After I get all the gold runs I'll beat it on hard mode and collect all the puzzle pieces.. since I still have to collect them in about half the levels.

Anyway I actually came here to ask a question.. Is there any way I can check my played time on this game? Is there a menu somewhere on the Wii U that lets me check all my games play times? I swear the 3DS had one.. I could be wrong though. Thanks.

While the Wii U does have an activity log on the Home Menu, it only logs the last 30 days or so...so jot it down on a paper or something.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

1,239. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

I've beaten the game and have got gold speed trials all the way up to up to world 5. Starting 6 tomorrow... getting gold, especially within the top 50 global rank, can be frustrating, but my god.. is it addicting. This is possibly my favorite Wii U game now. After I get all the gold runs I'll beat it on hard mode and collect all the puzzle pieces.. since I still have to collect them in about half the levels.

Anyway I actually came here to ask a question.. Is there any way I can check my played time on this game? Is there a menu somewhere on the Wii U that lets me check all my games play times? I swear the 3DS had one.. I could be wrong though. Thanks.

While the Wii U does have an activity log on the Home Menu, it only logs the last 30 days or so...so jot it down on a paper or something.

Actually you can go back to any date, just the other week i was checking my playtime from when i fist got my wii u; the christmas after launch.

what everyone's favorite support character? i know alot of the reviews say that dixie trumps the rest, but i still love Diddy. his jetpack feel super fun to use and makes stomping chains of enemies a breeze. although dixie does have her uses, i find she feels a little floaty and just doesnt have the "flow" you get from diddy. I imagine diddy would be faster for speed runs too. although i just beat the world 6 boss last night and havent tried any speed runs yet.

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rezalack

1,240. Posted:

^Diddy is really only used for water level speed runs because of his jet-boost in the water. Makes him really useful. I've been doing tons of speed runs

My personal favorite is probably Cranky. Dixie is alright, makes things a little too easy in some cases though. One cool thing I never even realized you could do until I started the speed trials.. you can roll on water. If you have any of the three supports you can roll right across water, lol. It's awesome. I'm stubborn and try to get high speeds in runs before I look at another persons play-through. Second level had a really fast speed and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.. I watched a video, within 15 seconds a guy is rolling across water and blew my mind, seeing as I went through the whole game without knowing this. Maybe I'm just dumb and never figured this out.

Rezalack