Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,161. Posted:

Ugh the final boss is ruining me.

It wouldn't be so bad if falling into the lava just meant losing one heart instead of instant death.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,162. Posted:

This game has the best soundtrack almost ever.

Cia

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,163. Posted:

FINALLY beat World 6, had to take a break since these levels were reaching "throw controller at screen" difficulty, lol. Anyways managed to record a Dynamite Dash playthrough, uploading it soon.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,164. Posted:

Okay, since there are over a thousand posts, forgive me for asking a question that's surely been asked already. Is this game easier / more forgiving than the last one, or are there difficulty options or something for people who don't like having their blood pressure raised so high that they actually now have TWO blood pressures? (It might make sense if you don't think about it.)

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,165. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Okay, since there are over a thousand posts, forgive me for asking a question that's surely been asked already. Is this game easier / more forgiving than the last one, or are there difficulty options or something for people who don't like having their blood pressure raised so high that they actually now have TWO blood pressures? (It might make sense if you don't think about it.)

The game can still be frustrating at times, but I think they toned down some of the difficulty. Mainly with the items like the Green Balloon and that you can equip up to 3 items at once. (and giving mine carts and rocket barrels an extra hit)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,166. Posted:

Sounds good to me! Thanks.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

ZyroXZ2

1,167. Posted:

If it helps anyone in this thread, I just posted my video review (channel in my sig).

The game is challenging, but never really cheap. It's old-school Nintendo games in action :)

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,168. Posted:

Well my Dynamite Dash level uploaded, if anyone wanna see. (almost made an embarrassing death right at the beginning, though. xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYHkCd_4wQ

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,169. Posted:

As much as I love this game, I was hoping for more variety from the bonus levels.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

dumedum

1,170. Posted:

Adam wrote:

I think this game is much more difficult than DKCR. I'm only ast World 3 but I troubles all the time and couldn't collect most puzzle pieces. The bosses are much harder that's for sure. But it's all passable, just the collecting is difficult.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,171. Posted:

I like that approach. I try to collect collectibles, but if they aren't required, I don't mind skipping them to save myself from throwing the controller through the screen.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,172. Posted:

I didn't realize David Wise could be so good at rock n' roll.
Big Top Bop

Punch Bowl

Volcano Dome

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,173. Posted:

Just beat 5-K. Man, that was tough :P

Second hardest next to 2-K, IMO. Looking forward to 6-K :D

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,174. Posted:

@DestinyMan - The man is versatile, there's no doubt about that. I haven't been able to shake the soundtrack from my head in weeks. Every time I play it seems a new tune clings to me.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

KoopaTrooper

1,175. Posted:

I've got this game and have yet to play it. Does everyone find it more difficult compared to the previous wii game?

Edited on by KoopaTrooper

KoopaTrooper

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,176. Posted:

KoopaTrooper wrote:

I've got this game and have yet to play it. Does everyone find it more difficult compared to the previous wii game?

I've personally found it to be easier, and that's without the use of items in Funky's shop.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,177. Posted:

Donkey Kong sure likes bananas.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,178. Posted:

Well I finally started this game today and it really is a blast. So far I've only played the four main levels of Mangrove Cove, but they were all fantastic. This game is stunningly beautiful in motion, coupled with the amazing score by David Wise.

Also, holy crap does the fur in this game look good! Watching videos does this game no justice.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

parkerjames

1,179. Posted:

VGchartz has the week of Feb 22 up. DK is #2 worldwide with 198,000 sales. And that's only 2 days of sales in NA. Seems like pretty decent numbers considering.

parkerjames

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,180. Posted:

parkerjames wrote:

VGchartz has the week of Feb 22 up. DK is #2 worldwide with 198,000 sales. And that's only 2 days of sales in NA. Seems like pretty decent numbers considering.

Plus I still need to get the game lol

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan