Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,307

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

1,121. Posted:

Finally got the game in the mail.. time to go play it. :)

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,122. Posted:

Damn it took me almost an hour to beat 2-K Bopopolis.

But at least I got to hear that awesome Jungle Hijinxs remix over and over again. <3

cookiex

AuthorMessage

dumedum

1,123. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I don't even know what to do with all those coins :P

Haha, true.
I just got all the figurines that were currently available and then stocked up on a bunch of items that I'll most likely never use.

How do you know you got all the figurines? Is there a way not to risk wasting coins on figurines you already have?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

dumedum

1,124. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

People who own the game and have played a fair bit of it, would you pick it over 3D World? I'm thinking about getting Tropical Freeze in a few days, so I'm just wondering.

Tough call...both are awesome games...if you have friends to play with a lot, then I say 3D World would be your choice. Tropical Freeze I say is best played alone.

I agree with this. SM3DW is amazing in multiplayer. But solo, DKC:TF is (slightly) more impressive.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,125. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Finally got the game in the mail.. time to go play it. :)

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

KennyPowers

1,126. Posted:

Really impressed with the amount of detail in this game! Always something interesting to look at!

KennyPowers

AuthorMessage

MeWario

1,127. Posted:

Still....waiting....for the mail!!! Gah, the wait is killing me!!!

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

1,128. Posted:

Loving this game so far.. and surprisingly, I've already been stumped. I feel like quite a noob because I can't even find the secret entrance that leads to 1-A. Seeing as I refuse to watch a video or look at a guide, I might be looking for a while. :|

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,129. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I wonder if 2-K is the hardest one..?

I just beat 3-K and it only took 5 tries :P Have anyone played them all yet?

Finished all the K levels today, and I'm happy to report that's there's more than just one level after that.
I think 3-K is easy if you take your time...I for one tried to be hasty (that time trial mind set lol) and regretted it.
I thought 4-K was gonna be easier compared to most of them at first...boy was I in for a bit of surprise.
5-K is the longest one, and although it's quite difficult you should be able to beat it in just a few tries if you stay focused.

4-K and then 6-K were the hardest for me. I knew what I was doing for 5-K so that wasn't too hard, but if you're not on top of things I can see you having an awful time.

Edited on by MasterWario

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,130. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Loving this game so far.. and surprisingly, I've already been stumped. I feel like quite a noob because I can't even find the secret entrance that leads to 1-A. Seeing as I refuse to watch a video or look at a guide, I might be looking for a while. :|

I'm not going to tell you where it is but I'll give you a hint:

Look down.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

1,131. Posted:

^I've only ran through the level twice looking for it after completing the first time. I swear I skimmed the whole bottom of the level (as in under water) I'll go back and repeat. Thanks for the hint. ;)

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,132. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

I decided to purchase Tropical Freeze on November 21, DKC true birthday, unless if there's DLC that let's me play as Samus Aran in a DK costume.

Ignoring the inherent amount of "man you're salty, aren't ya?" in that statement, that seems as good a time as any.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

Top 3 for Smash 4:
1) Lloyd Irving 2) King K. Rool 3) Krystal

Bottom 3:
1) Toad 2) Ridley 3) Miis

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

1,133. Posted:

@cookiex Yup. I found it and feel dumb, as usual with these things. Thanks.

I sat there trying to swim down before and nothing was happening so I figured it was nothing. This time.. I tried and finally went down, maybe I didn't have Dixie with me before.

Edited on by Spuratis

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,134. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

BenAV wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I don't even know what to do with all those coins :P

Haha, true.
I just got all the figurines that were currently available and then stocked up on a bunch of items that I'll most likely never use.

How do you know you got all the figurines? Is there a way not to risk wasting coins on figurines you already have?

If you have all the figurines currently available, he doesn't let you use the machine from what I've noticed.
After purchasing some, make sure to leave the machine before going back in and purchasing more to check I guess.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,135. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I wonder if 2-K is the hardest one..?

I just beat 3-K and it only took 5 tries :P Have anyone played them all yet?

Finished all the K levels today, and I'm happy to report that's there's more than just one level after that.
I think 3-K is easy if you take your time...I for one tried to be hasty (that time trial mind set lol) and regretted it.
I thought 4-K was gonna be easier compared to most of them at first...boy was I in for a bit of surprise.
5-K is the longest one, and although it's quite difficult you should be able to beat it in just a few tries if you stay focused.

4-K and then 6-K were the hardest for me. I knew what I was doing for 5-K so that wasn't too hard, but if you're not on top of things I can see you having an awful time.

Awesome, thanks :)

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,136. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

maybe I didn't have Dixie with me before.

^ Dixie is crucial

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Datasun_7

1,137. Posted:

I'm pretty sure just world three in its entirety is better than most platformers Ive ever played

Woop Dkctf soon :)

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3095-2962 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,138. Posted:

That fourth letter on 5-4

How?

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,139. Posted:

Datasun_7 wrote:

I'm pretty sure just world three in its entirety is better than most platformers Ive ever played

Ha ha; Grassland Groove and Scorch N' Torch are just golden.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,140. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

That fourth letter on 5-4

How?

Oh yes, I remember this one. XD
From the two paddles on the left, take a roll underneath and do a midair jump to grab it. That's how I did it, anyway. Oh and, try to make sure you have two hearts so you live even if you hit those spikes.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery