Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,327

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

1,101. Posted:

3d World is the best game for the Wii U, BUT..... I love Tropical Freeze too. It's kinda good to be in this predicament, as this is why we love Nintendo. If you want something different and a bigger challenge, go with DKTF and get 3d World later on. My concern with DKTF is that I'll get stuck like I did with DKCR and kinda give up. 3d World is a bit more forgiving.

Mizore wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

People who own the game and have played a fair bit of it, would you pick it over 3D World? I'm thinking about getting Tropical Freeze in a few days, so I'm just wondering.

Tough call...both are awesome games...if you have friends to play with a lot, then I say 3D World would be your choice. Tropical Freeze I say is best played alone.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,102. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

People who own the game and have played a fair bit of it, would you pick it over 3D World? I'm thinking about getting Tropical Freeze in a few days, so I'm just wondering.

As people have said already 3D World is the better game overall, but if you've got a thing for Donkey Kong (Puzzle piece hunting, time-trials, higher difficulty, etc.) you'll have no regrets getting DK.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

SG9000

1,103. Posted:

So.....

Beginner: NSMBU
Medium: 3D World
Hard: DKCTF
OMFG!!!!: Luigi U

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,104. Posted:

I've always preferred 3D Platformers over 2D Platformers so 3D World probably has my vote, but it's not a clear cut decision.
3D World doesn't quite live up to the Galaxy games, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's better than DKC:TF, which is pretty much 2D Platforming at its best.
If you want a really good, challenging single player experience then I'd probably recommend Tropical Freeze, but if you just want a game which isn't quite as difficult and contains a lot of single player and multiplayer fun, then go for 3D World.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

1,105. Posted:

Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate it.
I have mad nostalgia for the DKC games. I really enjoyed DKCR, but I never totally finished it. I like that it's harder than NSMB though.

I think I also take into account that my dad likes playing Nintendo games with me, and when we played DKCR he was just totally hopeless. So I'm leaning towards 3D World so we have something to play together since he keeps bugging me about wanting to play "that new Nintendo system" I got. That might hold him over until MK8 comes out.

I'd get both, but I'm saving for a new laptop.

Edited on by Gamecubed

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,106. Posted:

Sounds like 3D World is a good choice then.
On launch day I went over to a friend's house and we played four player multiplayer all day and it was a heap of fun.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,107. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

Not really a fair comparison. While they are both platformers, DK is way more difficult and much more the single-player experience. 3D World, on the other hand, is just a bit easier with a much less intimidating difficulty curve and plays itself better with friends to laugh at/with.

In the end, they're both great buys, and I recommend both, but I feel that 3D World is the more all-encompassing of the two.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,108. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

So.....

Beginner: NSMBU
Medium: 3D World/ NSLU/ Rayman Legends
Hard: DKCTF/ 3D World 100%
OMFG!!!!: DKCTF 100%
Just give up now: DKCTF Time Attacks

Fixed.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,109. Posted:

....Please don't tell me this game has Mirror Mode as well...xD
EDIT: Of course I start making tons of stupid mistakes when trying to record Dynamite Dash. T.T
Maybe I'm just tired, can't even beat that World's boss. lol

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,110. Posted:

Bopopolis, aka 2-K, is HELL. ;_;

Gamecubed wrote:

All I can say is I would pick 3D World over any other 3D platformer on WiiU & I would pick DKC: Tropical Freeze over any other 2D platformer on WiiU. Both are the best titles on the system in their respective genres IMO, but they don't really compare head to head. They're both amazing in different ways.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,111. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

The high jump timing is already unforgiving and wonky enough as it is, but then add to that the lack of a partner (who'd probably just ruin you, anyways), and the added timing difficulty of a canon as well as enemies spawning just a jump or two before you giving you no real time to react to the positioning, and you've got yourself a recipe for total hell. Yup! Just imagine what the rest of the Temple levels are gonna be like!

19Robb92 wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

All I can say is I would pick 3D World over any other 3D platformer on WiiU & I would pick DKC: Tropical Freeze over any other 2D platformer on WiiU. Both are the best titles on the system in their respective genres IMO, but they don't really compare head to head. They're both amazing in different ways.

There are other 3D platformers on the Wii U?

AuthorMessage

Fheonix

1,112. Posted:

So we played it last night and had a blast on Co-Op! We'll probably do a Let's Play at some point in the near future, so keep your peepers peeled!

But on a side note (other than at least for me, some confusion with the controls), has anyone noticed the hate the game seems to be getting on the Miiverse? I saw a few comments comparing the graphics to that of the Gamecube, and that just seems mental!

Yes, it's stylized yes, but in no way does it detract from the look and feel of the game, it's pretty solid!

A Welsh Graphic Designer, living in Denmark. Playing games, writing about games, even talking about games on a podcast called 'Tom and Mat Attack'! Check it out in iTunes here / Youtube here!

Twitter: TMACast

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,113. Posted:

Fheonix wrote:

So we played it last night and had a blast on Co-Op! We'll probably do a Let's Play at some point in the near future, so keep your peepers peeled!

But on a side note (other than at least for me, some confusion with the controls), has anyone noticed the hate the game seems to be getting on the Miiverse? I saw a few comments comparing the graphics to that of the Gamecube, and that just seems mental!

Yes, it's stylized yes, but in no way does it detract from the look and feel of the game, it's pretty solid!

If I had to guess? Metroid fanboys trolling the game they got, instead.

AuthorMessage

Fheonix

1,114. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

If I had to guess? Metroid fanboys trolling the game they got, instead.

Ahh very good point... It's strange how upset people get by people studios working on other titles... That being said, I'd be upset too if I was expecting Metroid Prime and got Other M :p

A Welsh Graphic Designer, living in Denmark. Playing games, writing about games, even talking about games on a podcast called 'Tom and Mat Attack'! Check it out in iTunes here / Youtube here!

Twitter: TMACast

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,115. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

That level took me quite a while... turns out I kept dying right near the very end.
Sort of felt like I was being rewarded for sucking through, because by the end I had 999 Banana Coins and soon after reached 99 lives.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,116. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

The high jump timing is already unforgiving and wonky enough as it is, but then add to that the lack of a partner (who'd probably just ruin you, anyways), and the added timing difficulty of a canon as well as enemies spawning just a jump or two before you giving you no real time to react to the positioning, and you've got yourself a recipe for total hell. Yup! Just imagine what the rest of the Temple levels are gonna be like!

Yeah. That level was insane. Took me about 60 lives & I went from 123 banana coins to 999 banana coins, lol. But I finally did it. Such an unforgiving level. ._.'

UGXwolf wrote:

There are other 3D platformers on the Wii U?

I'm pretty sure Sonic: Lost World goes under that genre. Skylanders as well if I'm not mistaken.

BenAV wrote:

That level took me quite a while... turns out I kept dying right near the very end.
Sort of felt like I was being rewarded for sucking through, because by the end I had 999 Banana Coins and soon after reached 99 lives.

Haha, same here. Pretty ridiculous. I don't even know what to do with all those coins :P

Edited on by 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,117. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I don't even know what to do with all those coins :P

Haha, true.
I just got all the figurines that were currently available and then stocked up on a bunch of items that I'll most likely never use.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,118. Posted:

I wonder if 2-K is the hardest one..?

I just beat 3-K and it only took 5 tries :P Have anyone played them all yet?

AuthorMessage

ChrisD

1,119. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

The high jump timing was weird in the beginning, but after a few tries it becomes pretty easy. You can press and hold the button for what seems like a full-blown second or so before landing on the enemy. What gets to me it just how many different jumps you can perform off of a bounce. Trying to Speed Run Bopopolis last night (Made it in 1:10:04!) I realized how much of a difference there is between bouncing off, bouncing off with a light tap, etc. There's at least five or six different jump heights.

I'm also going to have to disagree with everyone here when it comes to 3D World being the best on the Wii U. Maybe as a party game, sure. But this game is sheer genius in a platformer. Every stage I've played so far is fun, the checkpoints are just forgiving enough that you don't get too flustered, THAT MUSIC, and those backgrounds. Man, jumping from 3D World to this I realize just how bland and boring 3D World's backgrounds are. Then again, jumping back into Galaxy 2 after 3D World made me realize that. It just wasn't a very pretty game 90% of the time. The fact that I've felt a bigger sense of accomplishment already in Tropical Freeze two worlds in compared to the entirety of 3D World is also a big factor for me.

But long opinion aside, they're both great games. I just think that this one edges out... Well... anything else on the system, honestly.

ChrisD

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,120. Posted:

I decided to purchase Tropical Freeze on November 21, DKC true birthday, unless if there's DLC that let's me play as Samus Aran in a DK costume.

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros