Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,307

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,061. Posted:

Ooh! Ooh!... Ooh! Add me! Add me! I'm having fun with Time Attack Mode. In fact, I'm having so much fun, I Golded all of World 1 before moving on to World 2. XD (Excluding 1-K, because the strats on that are NUTS!) I've found that 1-3 is probably the most fun level to run in all of World 1, because dat cane bounce is just the best. Though damage boosting can be a pain and it's easy to get killed trying to keep a fast pace. @___@ Watch your butts on this one.

Orite, my NNID is UGXwolf. You know... like all of my usernames.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

Top 3 for Smash 4:
1) Lloyd Irving 2) King K. Rool 3) Krystal

Bottom 3:
1) Toad 2) Ridley 3) Miis

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,062. Posted:

Lol I got into the top global leaderboard for 6-K (Cause like no one's done it yet XD)! That level was crazy hard, but ironically it's actually easier when you go faster through it! Of course I knew what I was doing the second time, but still, I must have died 20+ times to beat it the first time, but it only took me like 10 tries to speed run it (excluding the times I messed up right at the beginning...that happened a lot).

Oh and no, I haven't done speed runs up to world 6 (I've only done like 3 so far), I just felt really inspired to speed run this one.

@UGXwolf Will do.

Edited on by MasterWario

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,063. Posted:

So...does the heart mean you did it without taking a hit? Interesting...that adds another depth to it.
Just did 1-K. It's interesting since you can't skip through most things in that level, you just sort of have to go fast without stopping.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,064. Posted:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

one day in and its still downloading, curse this 2-3Mbps internet~ >.> and the 11GB filesize.

Wow your still downloading after a day!

banacheck

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,065. Posted:

@UGXwolf
Man, you are top of it with my questions, thanks!

10000mario

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,066. Posted:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

Cons

1. pretty long loading times
2. hard to tell which levels you've already fully completed, an overview like in sm3dw would have been nice
3. it seems to be a pretty short game since I've already completed 3 out of 6 worlds and I've played maybe 5 - 10 hours

1. To me it wasn't noticeable. Except for the startup, the loading times are fast enough - for me anyways.
2. As Mizore said. ^^
3. 5 ~ 10 hours? There's a pretty big timespan in between. Let's say 10 hours and you've found all secret exits and k-level in these worlds - You can expect 10 hours more, that would make 20 hours. A good length for a game for that price.
It's hard to tell what you already played. Still if you find all puzzle pieces and KONG letters the game will do its job. And playing through the game a second time isn't that hard, because the atmosphere is amazing!

_____

World 4 is my favourite of all. Love the water levels. x3

Didn't know bout 2. Thx for mentioning! I'm alright with the cons, I think the game is definitely worth an 8,5. That music... man.

@mizore i'm wondering bout how much copies were sold too.. I hope it did a great job cause I think retro studios deserves it.

@ghosto I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.. The controls work perfect here, they're really smooth and I'm a complete platform noob who didn't even manage to complete DKC (SNES)...

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

UltimateKirb

1,067. Posted:

Has anyone been able to get the N letter in Sawmill Thrill (2-4)? No matter what I try, I can't reach it!

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8713-4642
Nintendo Network ID: UltimateJordster

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,068. Posted:

@UltimateKirb: I haven't been able to get that either. I would think you would have to jump from a certain height to dive deep enough to get it, but I couldn't find the timing or height to get it.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,069. Posted:

UltimateKirb wrote:

Has anyone been able to get the N letter in Sawmill Thrill (2-4)? No matter what I try, I can't reach it!

try jumping as high as you can as soon as you land from jumping over the log before it.

10000mario

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,070. Posted:

@MasterWario, yes, but as far as I can tell, all it does is break ties.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

Top 3 for Smash 4:

Bottom 3:

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,071. Posted:

UltimateKirb wrote:

You just have to jump at the right time so you can dive into the water to pick it up.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,072. Posted:

Yeah it's all to do with the timing of when you press jump.

Try doing it earlier than you think you have to, if that makes any sense. Every time I tried to get it I always ended up being too slow and crashing, so I jumped much earlier and it worked straight away.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,073. Posted:

UltimateKirb wrote:

I took the hit from the wood stake right before...it's really hard to time your jump otherwise.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gamecube5f

1,074. Posted:

How do I go about requesting a DK Tropical Freeze WiiU bundle?????? Mario and Zelda get that treatment. It would sell well as this game is getting great reviews. DK WiiU would sell!

Gamecube5f

AuthorMessage

tylerryan79

1,075. Posted:

Hey everyone. Love this game, still playing and on the last world, but somethings been bothering me. What is the DK collectable that is listed next to the kong and puzzle pieces when you go to select a level. Ive looked at the manual and on google but no luck.

Ive played all of the country series donkey kongs and figured it might be a dk coin? After all these levels I still havent found or done anything? Please enlighten me!!!

tylerryan79

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,076. Posted:

Time Attack. It shows a Bronze, Silver or Gold medal.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

tylerryan79

1,077. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Ohhh makes sense. Kind of bumbed its not another goody to find, but least it will keep me busy, Thanks a lot.

tylerryan79

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,078. Posted:

tylerryan79 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Ohhh makes sense. Kind of bumbed its not another goody to find, but least it will keep me busy, Thanks a lot.

It'll keep you very busy, man. Even speedrunners admit that these Time trials are tough. The best rank is Shiny Gold, but even on DKCR, which came out back in 2011, there are sone levels no one's gotten a Shiny Gold on.

Top 3 for Smash 4:

Bottom 3:

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,079. Posted:

Trust me, when I say getting all the KONG pieces is very important. Your reward for 100%ing the game is a good one.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

1,080. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

one day in and its still downloading, curse this 2-3Mbps internet~ >.> and the 11GB filesize.

Wow your still downloading after a day!

yep, I had to cancel it and wire it straight to the router, even then it still took 10 hours and 15 minutes roughly and thats including installation time~ so far its a great game~!

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL